Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals shopping John Ross
(02-27-2019, 12:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What WR is he taking a roster spot away from?

I just said roster spot, so it doesn't need to be a WR, but there are plenty of players who are cheaper and better than Ross, at their respective positions.
Reply/Quote
people forget when Ross was drafted Tyler Boyd
under achieved in his 2nd year.
it was apparent the thought was Boyd would never
be better than a number #3 WR based on that.
hence the drafting of Ross to be a number #2
now Boyd as emerged as the legit #2.
but 7 TDs as the number #3 WR. thats not bad.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 03:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Have to keep our options open. Would love for the light to come on here for Ross though.

Have to trust in Taylor's ways.

I always thought a player like Ross could really free up our Offense but he was quitting on routes last year a couple times and i don't like that. He could be one hell of a player, rare abilities. But bottomline is we need to fix our LB core and our O-line to become that contender. Boyd came into his own so i think we have a solid #2 just have to pay the man.

Get a talented TE, it doesn't have to be in the first round either, deep draft for TE's.
Reply/Quote
Still more reason to never believe a damn thing Ian Rapoport says, a guy who seemingly never gets tired of being wrong in front of the whole world. Would love to see that reptile crawl back under the rock from whence he came.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 12:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: people forget when Ross was drafted Tyler Boyd

Boyd was coming off his rookie year when we drafted Ross. Boyd was injured most of his 2nd year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 11:21 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Boyd was coming off his rookie year when we drafted Ross. Boyd was injured most of his 2nd year.

Don't forget the pot thing too. Hope Ross comes along like Boyd did in his 3rd year.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't forget the pot thing too. Hope Ross comes along like Boyd did in his 3rd year.

Yeah in Year 2 Boyd seemed to be in the doghouse when he was healthy. It was really odd.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 05:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah in Year 2 Boyd seemed to be in the doghouse when he was healthy. It was really odd.

he was in legal trouble..  the car In his name found abanonded with weed in it.   glad that all passed.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 05:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he was in legal trouble..  the car In his name found abanonded with weed in it.   glad that all passed.

LeVon Bell borrowed it.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 06:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: LeVon Bell borrowed it.  Ninja

...to give Josh Gordon a ride.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 05:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he was in legal trouble..  the car In his name found abanonded with weed in it.   glad that all passed.

He was, but he wasn't suspended. They could have played him and didn't.
Reply/Quote
Ross isn’t going anywhere. He will be a bengal. Taylor will give him every opportunity to show he can be what he was drafted to do. I think we will see a different guy this yr in the WCO
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 10:47 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Ross isn’t going anywhere. He will be a bengal. Taylor will give him every opportunity to show he can be what he was drafted to do. I think we will see a different guy this yr in the WCO

The one player they talked about the most in Taylor's combine press conference was....

John Ross. He will be given every opportunity just like you said.

He is my breakout player on Offense this year to go along with Billings, WJ3 and Bates on the Defense.

More hope on Billings, i just think he needed a bit of time to come back from that injury and he is still young so the mental part of the game hasn't quite came to him yet. He needs to learn how Guards and Centers will try and play him. They are going to try and wash him out of plays and just guide him. He need to learn to brush them aside with his hands and manhandle them at this level. Once he learns this our Defense will really improve. Also want to see what Glasgow and Ringo can do, both were impressive in the little time they played last season.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 12:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: people forget when Ross was drafted Tyler Boyd

Boyd had 54 catches for 603 yards as a rookie though. IF Ross showed that kind of potential in the 1st 2 years...it's a different story.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 11:12 AM)McC Wrote: Still more reason to never believe a damn thing Ian Rapoport says, a guy who seemingly never gets tired of being wrong in front of the whole world.  Would love to see that reptile crawl back under the rock from whence he came.

It makes no sense for the Bengals to trade Ross for a 4th Round pick anyways. With all the WR fake sweeps the Rams offense runs, Ross would thrive in that role even as just a decoy. Then, they could throw short screens to him and let him run in space.

While Ross isn't great downfield, I'm confident that a creative coach could find ways to get the ball in his hands 5-6 times a game.

That said, I have no clue if the Bengals coaches are that creative. I know McVay would find ways.
Reply/Quote