Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals should go Pee Wee & Run The Ball
The Bengals O Line stinks. The Bengals have no real Left Tackle and they went in with no real Right Tackle, so on passes the D is just flying in more and more. Dalton hit, getting up and throwing the ball at the officials in disgust. No Blocking

This team needs to go back to Pee Wee Football 101 and Run The Ball. They are 0-4 and have nothing to lose. This rebuild will need them to learn how to Run The Ball. I would like to see the Bengals go Woody Hayes and Run The Ball against Arizona. Run almost the entire 1st Half. Bengals are Woody proof that on a pass 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad.

If you look around the NFL, some teams can still run the ball. The Bengals don't run the ball and teams are teeing off on Bengs weak pass blocking. BENGALS MUST LEARN HOW TO RUN AT SOME POINT. At 0-4, I say start running. So far there is too much Zac Taylor in Zac Taylor and he forgets the Rams Ran The Football. So far Zac just looks like all pass Homer Rice of very weak 1978 and 1979 Bengals.

I have seen Mixon gain good yards this season and then Zac never goes back to him with his pass. pass, pass. This ain't the Rams and the Bengals passing game and pass blocking stinks. They need to go back to basics and run the ball more than they pass. They may have to punt a lot at first, but they need to learn how to run the ball again or they will go 0-16 with no pass blocking tackles.

There is one thing I liked when Coslett replaced Dave Shula. That first game he went back to basics and ran almost every play that first game. He added in more passes as he went, but I liked the idea. Don't give up on the run. Go back to basics and learn how to run. It was against Jacksonville and I loved how Coslett ran the ball all game after taking over Dave Shulas weak team, in back to basics like soldiers on a boot camp drill pad. .

All this play action is stupid if you can't run. Defenses don't get faked out on play action if you can't run, they just pour in and blow up the QB. Fake to the RB all you want, the D ain't biting. Dalton just wasting time on the fake hand-off. Zac needs to see this. Until they run the ball, Rams play action is a joke, as per 0-4 record.

AND with all these TE's on this team, you mean even they can't run block. That is just sad. Why even load up on all these TE's ? Here is something missing also, a fullback. These no back sets and 1 back sets are just weak. Bengals with their bad O Line need to get as many Blockers into the game as they can get. They aren't fooling anybody with Super Bowl Rams play-action because they ain't no Super Bowl Rams, far from it. If Bengals never run, then Dalton faking a hand-off is just a stupid play call by Taylor because there is no reason for the D to bite on it.

The Bengals have all these injured WRs, injured OT's but have all these TE's. Then line up 2 TE to help the back-up Tackles in the game and Run The Ball. Once they start getting some run yards, no law says you can't sneak a pass to these 2 TE's. First they have to show they can run. Just running 2018 Rams plays isn't going to cut it with no tackles like Whitworth.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 01:52 PM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals O Line stinks.

This team needs to go back to Pee Wee Football 101 and Run The Ball.

TLDR Version

Sure glad they don't need an OL in order to run the ba--- oh wait.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: TLDR Version

I don't think that they even have a 3rd Tackle, to line up at TE, ala 2009.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think that they even have a 3rd Tackle, to line up at TE, ala 2009.

But they do have the best blocking TE in the draft. 

Sure he's about 50-80lbs shy of an OT, but he was a 2nd round pick and is averaging 0.5 catches for 6.25 yards per game. That's gotta account for something, no?

- - - - - - - -

Jokes aside, I've always been a fan of carrying a dedicated FB on rosters. I think they're infinitely more useful than carrying a 4th RB. 

A *GOOD* FB can really be a difference maker for a run game.

The top 4 rushing offenses in the NFL this year are also the top 4 teams to use a FB this year as well:
-Ravens 1st rushing offense, 4th in FB usage.
-49ers 2nd rushing offense, 1st in FB usage.
-Vikings 3rd rushing offense, 2nd in FB usage.
-Bills 4th rushing offense, 3rd in FB usage.

Reply/Quote
Does anyone honestly think this guy is going to produce more than Mixon behind this line???

[Image: PeeWee.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We did run the ball against conventional gameplan logic vs the Steelers and we were accused of just trying to get the game over with and take the L.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:13 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Does anyone honestly think this guy is going to produce more than Mixon behind this line???

[Image: PeeWee.jpg]

Hey, at least you'll be sure that the crowd noise won't ever be an issue when he's getting the playcall.

Reply/Quote
Run 10 offensive linemen and direct snap to RB every play.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: TLDR Version

If Zac Taylor never runs the ball but has Dalton faking run hand off on play action pass like Rams all game, I hope Arizona just ignores fake hand off and nails Dalton all game.  That is what Taylor deserves for being that stupid, although I feel sorry for Dalton.  

If we don't have a good O Line, what makes you think they can pass block, Pass blocking is harder than run blocking.  Bengals 2 Left Tackles Williams and Glenn are still out.  They didn't draft or free agent a much needed Right Tackle.  So they have no Tackles worth a crap.  Andre Smith is a joke in pass blocking.  He never could pass block, and he is worse now than years ago. So on pass plays teams will just pour in over our tackles and that play action fake hand off as I say is a joke, because Bengals don't run the ball. 

But Bengals should run the ball.  They have all these TE's, like 3 or 4.  Put 2 of them in the game next to the lousy tackles to give them some help, and run the ball.  Run even if it gets stuffed, run again.  Run until this team learns how to run.  At 0-4, they have nothing to lose.  Learn how to run the ball.  Once they gain some yards with the run, mix in passes to the 2 TE's.    Patriots over years have used 2 TE's a lot and win Super Bowls.  Bengals need to get their 2 TE's in next to the awful tackles and run the ball a lot.  Once they start gaining run yards, mix in passes to the 2 TE's in the game.  

Green and Ross are out many weeks.  So is Glenn and I'm starting to think we see Williams out for season before we see Glenn with concussion head injury so bad he never plays. Go to 2 TE's next to awful tackles and Run The Ball. 

Stop the LA Ram play action plays.  If Bengals never run, I hope Arizona ignores that fake hand off and nails Dalton like all other teams do.  Again, that is what Zac deserves, although I feel sorry for Dalton. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 12:58 PM)kevin Wrote: If Zac Taylor never runs the ball but has Dalton faking run hand off on play action pass like Rams all game, I hope Arizona just ignores fake hand off and nails Dalton all game.  That is what Taylor deserves for being that stupid, although I feel sorry for Dalton.  

If we don't have a good O Line, what makes you think they can pass block, Pass blocking is harder than run blocking.  Bengals 2 Left Tackles Williams and Glenn are still out.  They didn't draft or free agent a much needed Right Tackle.  So they have no Tackles worth a crap.  Andre Smith is a joke in pass blocking.  He never could pass block, and he is worse now than years ago. So on pass plays teams will just pour in over our tackles and that play action fake hand off as I say is a joke, because Bengals don't run the ball. 

But Bengals should run the ball.  They have all these TE's, like 3 or 4.  Put 2 of them in the game next to the lousy tackles to give them some help, and run the ball.  Run even if it gets stuffed, run again.  Run until this team learns how to run.  At 0-4, they have nothing to lose.  Learn how to run the ball. 

This is very wise. Unless the Bengals have an offensive line which plays like the Rams it is pointless to try to run or pass like the Rams.
Reply/Quote