Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate
(10-18-2018, 10:34 PM)Fullrock Wrote: There is a BIG difference between catching balls in training camp and preseason games against players who aren't going to make a roster and catching them in regular season games against NFL starters. HUGE difference. 

Sure but if you don’t think he can make that transition then why bother keeping him on the rooster in the first place? And when the guy you though could doesn’t do anything with the opportunity give him why not cut that guy and give the other guy a shot?

The worst case is he preforms exactly as bad as the other guy cause he can’t possibly do worse in this case. There is literally no risk.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 03:17 PM)motoarch Wrote: The worst case is he preforms exactly as bad as the other guy cause he can’t possibly do worse in this case.  There is literally no risk.

Yes he can be worse.  Our special team could get worse.

Or Tate may not be as good of a downfiled blocker as Core.

Or Core could be clearly the better player based on what they see in practice.

As I said before this "it could not be worse" argument makes no sense.  If it did then I would be justified in saying the Bengals should give me a shot at WR.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes he can be worse.  Our special team could get worse.

Or Tate may not be as good of a downfiled blocker as Core.

Or Core could be clearly the better player based on what they see in practice.

As I said before this "it could not be worse" argument makes no sense.  If it did then I would be justified in saying the Bengals should give me a shot at WR.

No it can’t be worse than a guy that’s literally by definition of the words never ever done anything this year?

Fine but what have we seen core do on special teams that is of meaningful value? Is what he does on special teams out weight the fact that he’s a liability as a receiver? Can he alternate at tight end as some many people seem to thin Tate can. A position we might need help at.

Do you honestly think his special teams bonifieds as a blocker exceed Tate’s or that it even really matters? A guy that could get blown over by a stiff breeze vs a guy everyone else thinks could maybe play tight end?

The problem with you is you can’t separate opinions from facts. You think your opinions are facts and others opinions are wrong. By definition they can’t be. I’m sorry you’re maybe the most obtuse person I’ve ever wasted time arguing with.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 04:21 PM)motoarch Wrote: No it can’t be worse than a guy that’s literally by definition of the words never ever done anything this year?

Fine but what have we seen core do on special teams that is of meaningful value?  Is what he does on special teams out weight the fact that he’s a liability as a receiver?  Can he alternate at tight end as some many people seem to thin Tate can.  A position we might need help at.

Do you honestly think his special teams bonifieds as a blocker exceed Tate’s or that it even really matters?  A guy that could get blown over by a stiff breeze vs a guy everyone else thinks could maybe play tight end?  

The problem with you is you can’t separate opinions from facts.  You think your opinions are facts and others opinions are wrong.  By definition they can’t be.  I’m sorry you’re maybe the most obtuse person I’ve ever wasted time arguing with.

It absolutely can get worse. Core hasn't produced, but he hasn't made any grave mistakes. There is plenty of room for wrong/bad routes that lead to INTs, missed tackles on STs, dropped passes that lead to picks.

I understand the frustration with Core. I don't understand the frustration with waiving Tate. The guy literally cannot beat Core out of a job. Is it disappointing to see him not get a shot? I mean, I guess it'd be cool to see him come in when the Bengals are in the redzone to see if he can utilize his size.  However, the reality is Tate isn't good. He is obviously not better than Core, or he would be getting gametime right now. He was drafted with the intent of being a project.

I'm critical of the coaching staff, but one thing that Marvin has always done incredibly well is find/develop talent. If Tate was a valuable asset to the offense, he would be playing. 
Reply/Quote
Honestly none of this matters that much. It’s not as if this was the difference between us winning a sb. These are 4th option or lower guys. Why do we even care?

Hate to go to this well but look at BB in New England. He slots complete scrubs in anytime he feels like it they play like world beaters for one or two games then he tosses them to the curb. We’re arguing about nobodies.
Reply/Quote
Aaaaaaand Tate made it to the practice squad, safe and sound. Breathe, everyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 02:13 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I think they’re really a half game behind the Steelers. They have to play them again and it’s an automatic loss on the schedule!

It’s not at Heinz Field West, so it’s not an automatic L. We’ve been able to scrape out a few wins here and there up in Heinz Field East.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
As expected:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/10/19/auden-tate-bengals-2018-nfl-week-7/1697749002/

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals and Auden Tate aren't parting ways after all.

The rookie wideout cleared waivers Friday and was signed to the Bengals practice squad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As expected:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/10/19/auden-tate-bengals-2018-nfl-week-7/1697749002/

Good stuff....and Cody Core is still turrible.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 04:21 PM)motoarch Wrote: No it can’t be worse than a guy that’s literally by definition of the words never ever done anything this year?

Fine but what have we seen core do on special teams that is of meaningful value?  Is what he does on special teams out weight the fact that he’s a liability as a receiver?  Can he alternate at tight end as some many people seem to thin Tate can.  A position we might need help at.

Do you honestly think his special teams bonifieds as a blocker exceed Tate’s or that it even really matters?  A guy that could get blown over by a stiff breeze vs a guy everyone else thinks could maybe play tight end?  

The problem with you is you can’t separate opinions from facts.  You think your opinions are facts and others opinions are wrong.  By definition they can’t be.  I’m sorry you’re maybe the most obtuse person I’ve ever wasted time arguing with.

Who exactly thinks Tate can play TE? At 225 pounds he has no chance to play TE in the NFL. None. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 04:36 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Who exactly thinks Tate can play TE? At 225 pounds he has no chance to play TE in the NFL. None. 

Seriously. He’d be worse than Chase Coffman.

Reply/Quote

So your claiming that the special teams would not be any worse with me replacing Core is a FACT?

And your claims that Core could get blown over by a stiff breeze is a FACT?

And your opinion that blocking ability does not matter is a FACT? 

And your statement that EVERYONE thinks tate could play TE is a FACT?

WRs who do not make catches still block and do other things on plays when they are on the field.  Your claim the Core has done "never ever done anything this year"is false.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 04:36 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Who exactly thinks Tate can play TE?

EVERYONE.

And it is a "fact" not an "opinion".

BTW which NFL team swooped in to claim the amazing Tate when we released him?  Surely all the teams with "smart" coaches were in a bidding war over a td machine that we were too stupid to play, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: EVERYONE.

And it is a "fact" not an "opinion".

BTW which NFL team swooped in to claim the amazing Tate when we released him?  Surely all the teams with "smart" coaches were in a bidding war over a td machine that we were too stupid to play, right?

The same coaches that let Kirk Cousins, Rodney Harrison, Harry Carson, Jared Allen, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Antonio Brown, Richard Dent, Richard Sherman, Zach Thomas, Kevin Greene, Bart Starr, Mike Webster, Roger Staubach, Steve Largent, Johnny Unitas, Deacon Jones and others fall as far as they did in the draft. 

Look, the dude may never amount to anything. He's way slow for a WR but no one will ever know if he can make an impact unless he gets on the field and succeeds/fails on his own. The whole 'bad practice player' is BS. Not that he is because there were several noteworthy plays in TC and the preseason to get him on the field for a shot. 

The "fact" that the Bengals have not given him a live snap is not = to him not being good enough. They kept Dunlap from being a full time starter because he supposedly wasn't a good practice guy. Geno Atkins got one start, late in his rookie year and he's widely regarded as a top 2 or 3 DT in the NFL. 

Your trust in this FO/coaching staff gives way more credit than they deserve. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote