Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign CJ Uzomah
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/5/14/8595377/bengals-sign-c-j-uzomah-to-rookie-contract

officially in the fold!

Looks like the Bengals are sticking to the norm (Since RWS)
Sign 7 and work their way down to 1.

Mario signed
Smith signed
Uzomah signed

I wonder whose next???

Hardison probably lol
Reply/Quote
Defenses are going to have trouble covering this dude.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:04 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Defenses are going to have trouble covering this dude.

Agreed. I don't think we know how good this kid can be. He wasn't used very much at Auburn, but he showed good skills as a receiver when he was. The biggest ? about him might be his blocking ability, but he has good size for that, too.

Evidently, we have 5 tight ends who show signs of being very good or even excellent. One thing's for sure; I don't think we've ever had a scenario where there will be this much competition for roster spots at TE. Our Red Zone offense should have no excuses.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The new CBA makes it so much easier to sign draft picks.

My blood used boil with TC holdouts...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:40 PM)JSR18 Wrote: The new CBA makes it so much easier to sign draft picks.

My blood used boil with TC holdouts...

It is really nice not having to worry about draft picks signing. So much nicer than the old days, I couldn't stand players who had never played in the league holding out for outrageous contracts.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 03:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It is really nice not having to worry about draft picks signing. So much nicer than the old days, I couldn't stand players who had never played in the league holding out for outrageous contracts.

As much as I love they are all signed before June July....

I somewhat (I stress SOMEWHAT) miss the drama.

Think about it. July was a dead zone the only month of football off.

But if your favorite team has a player or two not signed. You'd wake up everyday hoping waiting and be like "IS TODAY THE DAY!"
Then when they did sign, it would give 3-5 days worth of "OMG WE ARE GOING TO BE BEAST!" speculations.

Now in July you hope not to hear any news! Usually its an arrest or something stupid or an injury.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:17 PM)Shady Wrote: Agreed. I don't think we know how good this kid can be. He wasn't used very much at Auburn, but he showed good skills as a receiver when he was. The biggest ? about him might be his blocking ability, but he has good size for that, too.

Evidently, we have 5 tight ends who show signs of being very good or even excellent. One thing's for sure; I don't think we've ever had a scenario where there will be this much competition for roster spots at TE. Our Red Zone offense should have no excuses.

I think that Uzomah is going to be inactive a lot this season. This is the first time he's had a TE coach so he's a work in progress.

Plus, here's why I don't have the highest hopes for Uzomah, and partially Kroft.

Here's all the TEs drafted under Marvin:

Matt Sherry
Chase Coffman
Jermain Gresham
Orson Charles
Tyler Eifert

Sherry, Coffman, and Charles barely made a peep for us. Gresham was solid, but never seemed to develop and Eifert remains a question mark. Yet, Marvin keeps Jon Hayes around despite him not being able to develop a TE.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:04 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Defenses are going to have trouble covering this dude.

I'd probably be a rich man if I had a dollar for every time something similar has been said about a Bengals player over the last 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:17 PM)Shady Wrote: Agreed. I don't think we know how good this kid can be. He wasn't used very much at Auburn, but he showed good skills as a receiver when he was. The biggest ? about him might be his blocking ability, but he has good size for that, too.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Woohoo, we signed most likely to not make the team. Although I still hold the belief that every draft pick has a good shot at the 53.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 11:49 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd probably be a rich man if I had a dollar for every time something similar has been said about a Bengals player over the last 10 years.

You're telling me Armon "cutout" Binns and Jerome Simpson didn't actually end up being as UNCOVERABLE as we had anticipated? Well, this guy will! Ninja

I do love the offseason as we have at least one position group that we dream can absolutely NOT fit all its talent on the field. This year it seems to be the WRs, TEs, AND the RBs! Oh man! Can our bench win a Super Bowl, too? Sorry, I just like to rant about this...it's all in good fun.
Reply/Quote