Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign DL Larry Ogunjobi
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/03/bengals-sign-dl-larry-ogunjobi
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
This is that second Defensive Line Free Agent I was hoping they would target. Ogunjobi has been a rock in the Browns defensive line since he was drafted. Hopefully he looks like he did in 2018 and 2019 than 2020.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know this isn't the end-all be-all, but Spotrac has him at a 9.3 million dollar evaluation.

Another writer, which I can't find the link for now, had him at 3 years 28 million dollars heading into free agency. So that's pretty much exactly in line with Spotrac.

So, just for discussion's sake, let's assume this a one year deal between 7 and 11 million dollars. (the exact figure isn't important).

This has to mean we move on from Geno, right? I can't see anywhere we pay this guy, Reader, and Geno even if he restructures (unless he takes like 2 million to stay.)

So if we clear Geno off the books, that will pretty much pay for this guy. And if we sign Reiff to replace Hart then I would assume we clear Hart of the books as well, which would go a long way in paying Reiff.

At least this I hope they're planning on doing this. Bring these two in and let Atkins and Hart hit the road. All said and done you are probably out a couple million bucks in cap used, and still have the vasty majority of what's left to spend elsewhere. You can also clear more cap by making more cuts.

***fingers crossed this is the actual plan***
Reply/Quote
Nice signing. Looking forward to seeing the numbers.
Reply/Quote
Nice signing I think. I’ve been pimping this guy as a target over the last few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:10 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I know this isn't the end-all be-all, but Spotrac has him at a 9.3 million dollar evaluation.  

Another writer, which I can't find the link for now, had him at 3 years 28 million dollars heading into free agency.  So that's pretty much exactly in line with Spotrac.

So, just for discussion's sake, let's assume this a one year deal between 7 and 11 million dollars. (the exact figure isn't important).

This has to mean we move on from Geno, right?  I can't see anywhere we pay this guy, Reader, and Geno even if he restructures (unless he takes like 2 million to stay.)

So if we clear Geno off the books, that will pretty much pay for this guy.  And if we sign Reiff to replace Hart then I would assume we clear Hart of the books as well, which would go a long way in paying Reiff.

At least this I hope they're planning on doing this.  Bring these two in and let Atkins and Hart hit the road.  All said and done you are probably out a couple million bucks in cap used, and still have the vasty majority of what's left to spend elsewhere.  You can also clear more cap by making more cuts.  

***fingers crossed this is the actual plan***

Even with him being close to Geno, I don't know that he signs the showcase deal unless he knows he plays heavy snaps.  You also can't justify paying Geno even 2/3 of his deal in a rotation at UT.  It was unlikely Geno stays.  

I think they save about 9.5M this year by cutting him, basically the range you guessed for Ogunjobi's deal.  I saw that they didn't expect having to throw him in at NT until Billings opted out.  Between him and Awuzie at CB these are solid young starters likely to rebound rather than just hoping for the absolute best to work out just to get by. 
Reply/Quote