Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is What We the Fans Wanted: A Complete Overhaul
(09-22-2019, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am glad you are happy with a 0-2 start and 0-1 at home with a lot of the missing injured pieces and a new draft class in place.

I hope Zac succeeds, as of right now, the jury is out.

I am never happy with any loss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Until this overhaul extends significantly to the roster, expect the same guys to mostly continue to play the same way. I am optimistic about Taylor as a HC but I think that he will need some turnover in his staff and among his core players before he finds success here.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But a full off season and training camp should be enough to show major improvement.  Players talk all the time about making adjustments to their game over the offseason.  It is not like they are learning to play a new position.

I didn't expect Zac to be able to fix everything this year, but there should at least be marked improvement.

There is nothing any coach could do about losing 3 key players from the O-line (Boling, Williams, Glenn).  I just don't think they have enough talent to fix the O-line, but our defense has enough talent to be decent.  Coaches should eb able to fix many of the problems on that side of the ball.

Facts. Also at what point does Billy Price get back in the starting lineup?

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am glad you are happy with a 0-2 start

I am sorry, but I seemed to have missed something here.

Could you show me where Kettering said he was "happy with the 0-2 start"?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sorry, but I seemed to have missed something here.

Could you show me where Kettering said he was "happy with the 0-2 start"?

Your attempt to troll at every turn causes you to miss a lot of things.

He said he is happy with Zac being 0-2, guess you missed Zac is the HC of the Bengals. But he clarified it, he is a man (respected) and does not need you to fight for him
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 12:37 PM)Bryan Wrote: Facts. Also at what point does Billy Price get back in the starting lineup?

He is starting today, presumably at LG.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2019, 11:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown finally did the right thing and hired a new coaching staff and as much as it pains me to write this, we need to give the new coaches a chance to do their job and inculcate the proper fundamentals.  This process doesn’t happen overnight.  It’s hard for players coached in bad technique to relearn and internalize good technique.  

The Cincinnati Bengals did not slide from competitive to non-competitive overnight either.  The fall took place over several seasons and I suspect a restoration to consistently making the playoffs might be a year away.

However, making the playoffs is not good enough.  We all believe that.  Personally, I believe Cincinnati has a better long term competitive prognosis with Zac Taylor as head coach than I did with Marvin Lewis at the helm.

[Image: XNL7wowz_400x400.jpg]

Meanwhile, Marvin Lewis is spotted leaving a local sports bar shortly after Dalton's interception to seal the Bengals fate....
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2019, 11:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown ... Personally, I believe Cincinnati has a better long term competitive prognosis with Zac Taylor as head coach than I did with Marvin Lewis at the helm.

Are you saying that you were more excited being a Bengals fan this last offseason than you were back in 2003 when Marvin was hired? 

Can any Bengal fan that has been around since the early 90's say this? Judging by the 139 Bengal fans at the game last week, I am guessing not many.

I cant speak for other fans, but this was not a complete overhaul I wanted with the front office composed of Tobin and Clown family still doing their thing. And then they bring in a head coach that has never been an OC before to be OC and HC, and a DC that also never has been one. 

I hope Taylor does well, time will tell. But there is no way I can even come close to saying I think Taylor will be better for the long term than what I thought back in 2003 in regards to Marvin. Back then I was wanting to go to games which I did. Now after today, I'll only watch on tv if absolutely there is nothing else to do.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote