Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign RB Brian Hill and cut Nickerson
(11-14-2017, 08:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: To be fair they kind of had to, with Jeremy 'could have waited until after the season to have surgery' Hill going on IR. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/14/marvin-lewis-jeremy-hill-could-have-waited-until-after-the-season-to-have-surgery/

To be even fairer (said the mirror on the wall) they’ve had to something with this line since game 1.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So do we get the rest of this guy's rookie contract? Or do we have to sign him to a new deal? Might not be a bad idea to keep a 5th round pick on a cheap contract.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 07:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not sure why I goy so darn angry when reading this thread. Oh right... our RB Corp is the area bringing this team down! High priority to sign a RB.

I understand you completely Harley but with Jeremeh getting injuried for the season kind of had to get one.

Kind of needed a decent Center for about 11 years now though lmao!
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 06:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/14/bengals-sign-brian-hill-off-falcons-practice-squad/

"They also saved a little money because they won’t need to print up another nameplate for the depth chart. They announced that they have signed running back Brian Hill off of the Falcons practice squad."

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Saved THAT much money eh?

Cheap bastids. Hope this guy is decent cuz this shows a lot if he is just table scraps. Mellow
Reply/Quote
How you going to give a players number away mid season? Hill has disappointed, but I'm stumped on the last time that has happened. Hill deserves better. Even as a bust.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 07:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's official. He's #32 

What's funny about it is that some of the "casual" fans likely won't even realize that it's a different player..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 10:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's funny about it is that some of the "casual" fans likely won't even realize that it's a different player..

Well when he averages 2.8 YPC behind this line, he'll even look like Jeremy Hill.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I laughed when I heard it was another hill. I thought Marvin is determined to start a guy named hill on first series . I got around to watching his highlight video and I do remember him in the draft barely. He looks decent,strong runner and very decisive back,and patient with pretty good burst. The highlight video did mention he was a top back in college. His qb which I do like now,was josh Allen. And they used to stack the box for hill.
Reply/Quote
All frustration with this season aside, I like this move. Kinda like picking up an extra 5th rounder. He was extremely productive at Wyoming, rushing for 1631 yards as a soph, then 1860 yards last year. Big back (6'1" 220 lbs) with speed (4.54 forty). Doak Award finalist. Doesn't fumble.

Draft profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/brian-hill?id=2558112

Reply/Quote
Surely they will put a "B" before the Hill on the Jersey - won't they? And don't call me shirley!
Reply/Quote
On the first goal line TD scored by Tennessee Hardy Nickerson got run over when he should have stuffed Demarco Murray on the 2-yard line.

Hopefully he can stick on the PS but he's not ready for the 53.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 09:37 AM)corpjet Wrote: On the first goal line TD scored by Tennessee Hardy Nickerson got run over when he should have stuffed Demarco Murray on the 2-yard line.

Hopefully he can stick on the PS but he's not ready for the 53.

I thought I saw him out there.....good call.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 07:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's official. He's #32 

Maybe a sign that the Bengals won't bring Jeremy back next season?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 12:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe a sign that the Bengals won't bring Jeremy back next season?

He was gone the minute they put him on IR
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All frustration with this season aside, I like this move. Kinda like picking up an extra 5th rounder. He was extremely productive at Wyoming, rushing for 1631 yards as a soph, then 1860 yards last year. Big back (6'1" 220 lbs) with speed (4.54 forty). Doak Award finalist. Doesn't fumble.

Pretty impressive video. But then again he will more than likely get no more than 4 touches a game... And behind this o-line
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All frustration with this season aside, I like this move. Kinda like picking up an extra 5th rounder. He was extremely productive at Wyoming, rushing for 1631 yards as a soph, then 1860 yards last year. Big back (6'1" 220 lbs) with speed (4.54 forty). Doak Award finalist. Doesn't fumble.

Maybe it will lessen the blow for losing Jake Elliott in the 5th round

I can tell myself we traded Jake for a "new" Hill
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 10:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: How you going to give a players number away mid season? Hill has disappointed, but I'm stumped on the last time that has happened. Hill deserves better. Even as a bust.

It sezzz on the Bengals website he is #23, if you check the roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:46 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: It sezzz on the Bengals website he is #23, if you check the roster.

Yeah, there's no way he could've been 32. Maybe next season. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty impressive video. But then again he will more than likely get no more than 4 touches a game... And behind this o-line

No doubt that our Oline will make him into a super star like they do for every other running back.. 
True lock for rookie of the year with only half a season..

Yeah..no..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote