Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals sign Randy Bullock cut Mike Nugent
Discuss....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bengals/status/808782382916653056?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Long overdue, too little too late but at least good tryout period to see if this is a long term solution
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 06:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Discuss....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bengals/status/808782382916653056?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Long overdue

Great news.  Best of luck to Nugent in his future endeavors, but I think we just made a serious long term upgrade.
Reply/Quote
Very long over due

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Omg, I just saw this. About 4 weeks too late but, I am still in shock that they actually finally did it.
Well Front Office..........one issue down, many more to go.
Reply/Quote
Can't be worse. Short term fix and an audition, search in the offseason
Reply/Quote
Best thing is no more cut nugent threads....
Reply/Quote
It was about time.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Was a consensus all American and best kicker in college a couple years back. Still only 26 so at least they can give him N extended look for next year.

Struggles on kicks over 50 but at least is competent from 33 and in
Reply/Quote
Too little, too late.

Should've happened when he was costing us games in the midst of realistic playoff contention.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Wow didnt see this one coming. Adios Nuge, you were good for a time here but this year just fell off the cliff bigtime. Good luck in retirement.

Now, Bullock cant be worse. And maybe he shows some promise on being the kicker next year, or at least a top candidate. His career stats are so-so, but maybe like a lot of kickers will be better with age.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Cutting Nugent, benching Ced... Still waiting for Bodine to GTFO.

All too little too late. Any other coaching staff would have done this months ago
Reply/Quote
All I have to say is it about time. However, it is probably about 5 weeks too late because he should have been cut when the Bengals would have a legit shot at the playoffs. Now at least I can probably relax when Bullock goes out to kick an extra point or field goal under 35 yards. Not really convinced that he is the long term answer but for the rest of the season at least the team can look at what they have and if they are not happy with him then they can go another route. Also, everyone should give the front office kudos for doing the right thing for once. Maybe this is a sign to come that if you don't produce on the field or as a coach your job will be in jeopardy. Not likely, but one can hope.
Reply/Quote
Wow.

I figured that after they didn't cut him 3 or 4 weeks ago that they would just ride it out to the end of the season and replace in the off season.
Reply/Quote
Stunned they cut Nuge during the season, but pleased to be wrong about the timing.
Reply/Quote
Heard Mo announce this on his show just as I was pulling into our garage. Long overdue, but despite that, still can't believe they really did it. Maybe this can be one less worry for 2017. And, maybe the message gets through to some other under-performers to get their shit together pronto.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 06:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Discuss....

Long overdue, too little too late but at least good tryout period to see if this is a long term solution

I'm cool with it. They signed the guy I brought up in multiple threads. Bigger leg, more accurate, younger, cheaper.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
While I am happy that we've made a move, I'm still saddened that Mike Nugent had a downfall this season.

Thank you for your years of service, Nuge. You will be missed certainly!
Reply/Quote
I'm pleasantly shocked. We now have 4 games to see if this guy is worth taking into 2017.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 07:15 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Thank you for your years of service, Nuge. You will be missed certainly!

Yet, ironically, he'll no longer miss.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 07:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pleasantly shocked.  We now have 4 games to see if this guy is worth taking into 2017.

4 games?  Interesting.  So, you still see the Bengals making the playoffs, and going one and done again? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote