Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choke artists
That was classic. Dominate a team in the first half only to let them catch up and pass you in the second half. Classic Marvin.
Reply/Quote
It was typical Bungles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I was thinking as we were up 20-9 or whatever, that it would be real nice to see the Bengals dominate the Steelers and whoop them good.. then I laughed out loud because I knew it was never going to happen.
Reply/Quote
This game was not lost on the field. It was lost on the sideline.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This game was not lost on the field.  It was lost on the sideline.

It was lost in the front office FIK!  Come on, you and Wyche have been around long enough to know the history of this franchise.

Did anyone truly expect any other ending even at halftime??
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:53 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It was lost in the front office FIK!  Come on, you and Wyche have been around long enough to know the history of this franchise.

Did anyone truly expect any other ending even at halftime??

Actually, yes.  I expected the Bengals to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Actually, yes.  I expected the Bengals to win.

Really???  Expected or hoped????
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Really???  Expected or hoped????

Expected. When an NFL team goes up by two scores or more I expect them to hold that lead and finish the game on top.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Expected. When an NFL team goes up by two scores or more I expect them to hold that lead and finish the game on top.

.... It's Marvin Lewis. You should be "expecting" the polar opposite 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Expected. When an NFL team goes up by two scores or more I expect them to hold that lead and finish the game on top.

I realize I'm a pessimist, but I had a strong feeling the Bengals were going to have to ball out in the first half to make up for the fact that they have a tendency to do zilch in the second.  20 points didn't seem like enough to win, but I was hoping they'd at least score 3 points in the second half.  Alas, I was too optimistic.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:10 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: .... It's Marvin Lewis. You should be "expecting" the polar opposite 

I want to buy him a ticket on the Polar Express.
Reply/Quote

When (most) NFL teams goes up by two scores or more I expect them to hold that lead and finish the game on top.

There.  That's better.  
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want to buy him a ticket on the Polar Express.

He belongs on the Poo Choo Train.

[Image: 92a.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:32 PM)car91 Wrote: That was classic. Dominate a team in the first half only to let them catch up and pass you in the second half. Classic Marvin.

It's on a loop.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:32 PM)car91 Wrote: That was classic. Dominate a team in the first half only to let them catch up and pass you in the second half. Classic Marvin.

It has happened so many times, it's expected.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Actually, yes.  I expected the Bengals to win.

You haven't watched much Bengals football since Marv has been around, have you?

Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

You're a smart guy. There's nothing logical or probable, when a Marv Lewis team is in the equation, to support this belief. 

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:48 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I was thinking as we were up 20-9 or whatever, that it would be real nice to see the Bengals dominate the Steelers and whoop them good.. then I laughed out loud because I knew it was never going to happen.

Not even joking, I was the exact same. Thought 'it'd be real nice if we could lay a whoopin' on the Steelers when they have it all to play for and it means nothing to us. But I knew we would either blow the game, or pick up a close nail-biting 3 point win. The former it usually is, and the former it was. I hate the Steelers, but in all honesty we are just their whipping boys. It's truly pathetic every time we play them.
Reply/Quote
Yep. On the game winning drive, the Bengals committed 4 penalties.
Reply/Quote