Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals sign Randy Bullock cut Mike Nugent
(12-13-2016, 09:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ogbuehi benched 12 games too late.
Nugent cut a year/two years too late.

This is the type of management that will make sure the Bengals never win anything meaningful.

Mark Twain allegedly said "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always twenty years behind the times." 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Well shit. Looks like it is up to our OL to lose us games and preserve our good draft position from here on out.
Reply/Quote
Well it's about time and long overdue.. I kind of felt bad for Nugent, but then I realize he makes more money than people who do much more dangerous and hard jobs.
Reply/Quote
And his first game for us is against the team that just cut him. Hope he makes them pay with 4 or 5 extra points on Sunday
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, I think any player that gets paid to make field goals and extra points better make them. Nuge just lost it between the ears this year. Always some other player looking for an opportunity. And he got it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 09:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ogbuehi benched 12 games too late.
Nugent cut a year/two years too late.

This is the type of management that will make sure the Bengals never win anything meaningful.

Maybe they saw that they let go of RFN and Andre Smith a year too early and decided that any change was super scary.

Looking at Bullock's stats he averaged around an 83% FG success rate for the Texans in 2014 and 2015.  That percentage would be good for about 20th best in the league for this season.  He looks like an upgrade, but I don't know if he'll ever make it into the above average, good, or great categories.  At any rate, it is refreshing to see some accountability.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why some on here think he cant be the guy for the next couple years. He seems to have plenty left in the tank. Seems he won a lot of games for teams, most recent Pitt but was let go due to getting their starter back from injury. Kinda odd timing for Nuge but at least we get the rest of this season to see what we have. Heck I wanted a K in this coming draft (last one too) but now we will just wait and see. Now lets get someone in there to play C the rest of the season too.
Reply/Quote
Thought the move should have been made earlier and am surprised that is is happening now.

But it was time, Nugents confidence was shot here. Time for us and him to part ways for each parties good.

Good Luck to him unless he is kicking against Bengals in future.

In that case please remember Mr Nugent, you owe us a few.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Great guy from a great family. And a Bengal through and through. Made some great kicks, but had some bad misses, especially lately. Love the guy, but it was overdue. I wish him all the best.
Reply/Quote
I could see the Browns signing Nugent to be honest
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 06:18 AM)Trademark Wrote: I could see the Browns signing Nugent to be honest

Why would the Browns get rid of their meh kicker for a terrible kicker? Both aren't great at FG, but at least the Browns current kicker has only missed 1 PAT in his career.

Plus he's 24 and had a really good 2014 and injury shortened 2015. He is also 10 for 17 at 50+.  Meanwhile, Nugent hasn't been higher than 23rd in the league in FG% in the last four years I do believe.

He is younger, better AND cheaper than Nugent.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm actually shocked. They've been giving him passes for quite a while now. Maybe they actually will try to improve next year.
Reply/Quote
Imagine the thread for when Marv resigns or gets fired.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 11:43 PM)Shady Wrote: And his first game for us is against the team that just cut him.

Well, not really. Pittsburgh got him up off the couch to kick for their injured kicker, who promptly came back one game later. That's not really getting cut.....
Reply/Quote
Should have been done about 3 weeks ago.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 06:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Discuss....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bengals/status/808782382916653056?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Long overdue, too little too late but at least good tryout period to see if this is a long term solution

Good move of course it is 3 or 4 weeks too late as you say.

Like the Nuge and he was a good kicker in his day but clearly the extra points are in his head.

You just cannot miss extra kicks in any football game, not to mention in the NFL.

Justin Tucker has the mentality that you want in a kicker. Right down the middle everytime or get pissed at yourself.
Reply/Quote
I felt bad Nugent had to go the way he did, but it's either perform or don't in the league and he failed.  I hope for his own sake he gets it back together again and can be successful elsewhere as long as it's not against us. I like Nugent, but his ticket as a Bengal was punched and expired. Truth is he scored a lot of points for us, but missed a lot especially when they counted. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
[Image: Happy-Birthday-Animated.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote