Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals sign Reid Sinnett
He's a QB formerly with the Eagles and the XFL.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-burrow-injury-update-bengals-star-out-several-weeks-with-calf-strain-team-reportedly-signing-xfl-qb/?fbclid=IwAR3vGSR5FAdpdxPYSEVgc10PrKio7DOZegNwWvodtE7Fgzh7Q9M4TDewn74
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe who?

OK, I guess the kid impressed if he beat out dude with time spent on the team.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They have some familiarity from preseason game against him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Lol he indeed had a big game against us either last year or the previous one (with Miami).

He sucks, hard.

For a camp body, wish it was someone that I liked lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Someone to throw balls to the WRs in camp, nothing more.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 12:43 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lol he indeed had a big game against us either last year or the previous one (with Miami).

He sucks, hard.

For a camp body, wish it was someone that I liked lol

Who's sitting around, being looked over by every other team in the NFL, that you genuinely think would be in the competition? I'm not saying this guy doesn't suck but anyone we bring in is going to suck. 
Reply/Quote
I despise the click bait news of today. I saw an article last night titled something like: Bengals replace Joe Burrow with new QB.

He's a camp body, that's all.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 12:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I despise the click bait news of today. I saw an article last night titled something like: Bengals replace Joe Burrow with new QB.

He's a camp body, that's all.

I just saw that myself. I had to do a double take. 
Reply/Quote
Looks like Cochran to IR was the corresponding roster move.
Reply/Quote
No surprise to see a camp body added

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 10:49 AM)TheFan Wrote: Who's sitting around, being looked over by every other team in the NFL, that you genuinely think would be in the competition? I'm not saying this guy doesn't suck but anyone we bring in is going to suck. 

Jordan Ta'amu

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 05:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jordan Ta'amu

Through the XFL and USFL he has:

61.5 Completion percentage, 37 TDs and 22 INT. 

Pass. Again, this Reid dude brings no excitement but no less than Jordan would. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 08:06 PM)TheFan Wrote: Through the XFL and USFL he has:

I was surprised they even had a "tryout". It's obvious Simeon is the backup and will start any game(s) that JB may miss. Shoulda just signed the closest live arm. I guess we could sign someone to battle for our PS spot, but it matters little. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Ta'amu had 13 TD/2 INT in his final 5 games. Maybe with NFL caliber coaching, training, and conditioning, he can tap a bit more into that and become a good NFL backup.

You know what Reid Sinnett's stats in the XFL were last year? 1 TD and 1 INT, because he had only the 4th most pass attempts on his own team. The 3 guys with more attempts than him combined for 7 TD and 8 INT, and yet he was still 4th fiddle.

You can't reasonably expect anyone to buy that an XFL 4th string QB brings the same excitement as the XFL's OPoY.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 10:49 AM)TheFan Wrote: Who's sitting around, being looked over by every other team in the NFL, that you genuinely think would be in the competition? I'm not saying this guy doesn't suck but anyone we bring in is going to suck. 

Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 08:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ta'amu had 13 TD/2 INT in his final 5 games. Maybe with NFL caliber coaching, training, and conditioning, he can tap a bit more into that and become a good NFL backup.

You know what Reid Sinnett's stats in the XFL were last year? 1 TD and 1 INT, because he had only the 4th most pass attempts on his own team. The 3 guys with more attempts than him combined for 7 TD and 8 INT, and yet he was still 4th fiddle.

You can't reasonably expect anyone to buy that an XFL 4th string QB brings the same excitement as the XFL's OPoY.

He was 2nd fiddle, thank you very much! He got hurt which is why he didnt continue as the starter, after looking much better (stats wise because I'm not actually going to watch). Not some 4th stringer non factor like you claimed. 

Again, both are just bodies with arms that no one will be excited or care about in a month when Burrow is back. So poo pooing this signing seems silly. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 10:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Tom Brady.

Very true, we definitely should have signed Brady. Bengals bungled that one  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 08:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ta'amu had 13 TD/2 INT in his final 5 games. Maybe with NFL caliber coaching, training, and conditioning, he can tap a bit more into that and become a good NFL backup.

I doubt the Bengals were looking to sign someone that brings excitement. They went with probably the cheapest, most-obviously-won't-make-the-team guy possible. 

Hell, they were probably considering the weirdos that think any player of ANY significance would mean Burrow's injury is worse than they're letting on, so they went with the cheapest, most-obviously-won't-make-the-team guy possible.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 10:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Tom Brady.

That would be freakin hilarious.
Reply/Quote

I don't really care lol as his only contribution to my enjoyment would be the 4th Q of the PS games.

But I don't like him: Plitt I'd've been cool with.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote