Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Ricardo Allen
(03-24-2021, 04:37 PM)J24 Wrote: They have their starting C, RT, and LT for next season. I would agree that G is a need but they won't do that at 5. 

And they shouldn't, if Sewell is bpa then take him and play him or Reiff at OG, if he is not bpa then take a WR or TE then grab an OG in rds 2-3  maybe both unless they really like Spain or XSF.

We need Oline help but the sky isn't falling quite as bad as he wants it to be. He may be throwing Hopkins in because of injury but I thought I saw he would be ready for camp, although I could be wrong on that one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here is an amazing stat.

Our two safeties, Bates and Bell, both played 100% of the defensive snaps last season.
Reply/Quote
Good signing. We should be set at safety and corner.

CB starters: Waynes, Awuzie, Hilton (slot).
CB reserves: Apple, Phillips (slot), Brown (special teams)
CB deep reserves/PS: Davis, Rose, Lewis (?)

S starters: Bell, Bates
S reserves: Allen, B. Wilson
S deep reserve/PS: Henderson

Draft is gonna be primarily OL & WR. First three rounds for sure. Unless we take Pitts and/or trade back, then DL or LB come into play with the extra picks.
Could see a late round kicker.

Williams is history. He olayed under 100 snaps last year on D. And was not happy.

I mean, 2 deeps + kickers/long snappers gets you to 47 guys. That means +6 more on the 53. Perine just signed. Down to 5. Three TEs is a given. Down to 4. Gonna carry more than 8 DL. Down to 3. More than 4 LBs. Down to 2.
Could we carry 5 safeties? Maybe. Maybe if rosters are expanded again.
Reply/Quote
Trying to remember the last CFA to stick to the roster in any significant way and the only name that comes to mind is Ericson and he's gone now.. Anyone lately? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 04:37 PM)J24 Wrote: They have their starting C, RT, and LT for next season. I would agree that G is a need but they won't do that at 5. 

LOL  Isn't it obvious that those guys are just place holders?  Seriously, Jonah on a rookie deal, but has yet to play an entire season.  Reiff is good, but signed to a one year deal on the cheap.  Spain, another one year deal.  Hopkins, coming off a serious injury, and on the back third of his playing days.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: Trying to remember the last CFA to stick to the roster in any significant way and the only name that comes to mind is Ericson and he's gone now.. Anyone lately? 

Trey Hopkins, that was 6 years ago though.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: LOL  Isn't it obvious that those guys are just place holders?  Seriously, Jonah on a rookie deal, but has yet to play an entire season.  Reiff is good, but signed to a one year deal on the cheap.  Spain, another one year deal.  Hopkins, coming off a serious injury, and on the back third of his playing days.

Jonah is definitely going to be here long term. As for Hopkins and Reiff I could see them both staying or leaving next season depending on play.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Not bad. Good depth piece
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Maybe we reached agreement with the NfL to have extra defenders on the field, to play all our DBs at once?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 10:53 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Maybe we reached agreement with the NfL to have extra defenders on the field, to play all our DBs at once?

Did you happen to notice that last year our #5 CB, LeShaun Smith, ended up starting 10 games and playing over 600 snaps on defense?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you happen to notice that last year our #5 CB, LeShaun Smith, ended up starting 10 games and playing over 600 snaps on defense?

I did, just trying to be funny
Reply/Quote
To compliment Ricardo Allen Bengals also picked up Hervé Villechaize today.
Reply/Quote
Interesting that I've seen comments on him that he was playing out of position and really a corner. Explains why he has ball skills and will pick it.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 02:11 PM)GodFather Wrote: To compliment Ricardo Allen Bengals also pick up Hervé Villechaize today.

I actually looked him up... I've been waiting on a stud signing like that 
Reply/Quote