Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals tender 4 players

Reply/Quote
Great news! Save for Carter.

Would much rather get someone in the draft or FA that is an actual TE who's also good at STs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Brandon Wilson kicks ass, good news. Tupou also played well last season.

Bring back BILLINGS!!!
Reply/Quote
omg flush Redmond already

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 01:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brandon Wilson kicks ass, good news. Tupou also played well last season.

Bring back BILLINGS!!!

i think they value Tupou over billings and wouldn't be surprised if they move on from him especially if they land Derek Wolfe.  

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 01:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: i think they value Tupou over billings and wouldn't be surprised if they move on from him especially if they land Derek Wolfe.  

Sad
Reply/Quote
When an RFA is tendered, isn't normally at a certain level? For example, a 2nd round tender, or an original round tender etc?

I can't find anything in the article specifying this. I hope they put a 2nd round tender on Tupou and Wilson. We really need to keep them.
Reply/Quote
What is the teams fascination with Redmond? He’s always hurt and when he does play, he’s a walking penalty flag.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 01:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When an RFA is tendered, isn't normally at a certain level? For example, a 2nd round tender, or an original round tender etc?

I can't find anything in the article specifying this. I hope they put a 2nd round tender on Tupou and Wilson. We really need to keep them.

They haven't announced it, but Hobson said on Friday he expected these 4 tenders to total around 8.6m. That would seem to mean they all got original round tenders if he was right.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 01:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: i think they value Tupou over billings and wouldn't be surprised if they move on from him especially if they land Derek Wolfe.  

Why did they play Billings more than Tupou?

BTW when I looked up the numbers Tupou actually played more snaps than I thought.  He played more than half of the snaps in 9 games and over 40% total.  Not near as much as Billings, but more than I remember.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 01:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They haven't announced it, but Hobson said on Friday he expected these 4 tenders to total around 8.6m. That would seem to mean they all got original round tenders if he was right.

Ugh...that sucks haha.

So now all a team has to do is outbid us for Tupou and he's gone for nothing.

And Wilson isn't much better, as merely a 6th rounder.
Reply/Quote
that leaves the Bengals with roughly $27.6M before offloading Andy Dalton's $17.7M cap hit, right? With the Bears signing Teddy B, I'm assuming they'll cut AD (hopefully soon)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 01:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What is the teams fascination with Redmond? He’s always hurt and when he does play, he’s a walking penalty flag.

I remember thinking Redmon and Westerman would be our starting guards for some time to come....swing and a miss!
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Puke.emoji
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why did they play Billings more than Tupou?

BTW when I looked up the numbers Tupou actually played more snaps than I thought.  He played more than half of the snaps in 9 games and over 40% total.  Not near as much as Billings, but more than I remember.

They always go with the guy that is more established.  I like billings a lot, but depending on the market it makes sense that Tupou could be a cheaper long term play for them.  They also have Glasgow coming back next year off injury so if they sign billings and Tupou, then most likely they release Glasgow.  

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 02:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: They always go with the guy that is more established.  I like billings a lot, but depending on the market it makes sense that Tupou could be a cheaper long term play for them.  They also have Glasgow coming back next year off injury so if they sign billings and Tupou, then most likely they release Glasgow.  

I like Ryan Glasgow, he just cannot stay healthy. I would re-sign Billings for this very reason.

Not to mention letting Billings go right when he is coming into his own is completely idiotic. I don't care how Tupou played.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 02:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Ugh...that sucks haha.

So now all a team has to do is outbid us for Tupou and he's gone for nothing.

And Wilson isn't much better, as merely a 6th rounder.

Believe we can match and get into a bidding war, but not entire clear on that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 02:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Believe we can match and get into a bidding war, but not entire clear on that.

Yea, we have the opportunity to match whatever he is offered. But still. It would have been nice if they had just completely prevented that from occurring by giving them 2nd round tenders.

Hopefully, we get through free agency and they sign their tenders and no team forces us to match any offer. That would mean the Bengals made the right choice. :)
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 02:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: They always go with the guy that is more established. 

Explain that to Nick Price.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 01:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What is the teams fascination with Redmond? He’s always hurt and when he does play, he’s a walking penalty flag.

Camp body?
Reply/Quote