Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals tender 4 players
(03-16-2020, 03:56 PM)Earendil Wrote: Camp body?

Maybe, but still, why not find a camp body that will be healthy during camp?
Reply/Quote
My Guess is the Bengals will accept 4th rounder from Bears, extend Mixon, and maybe sign Schobert. Count on Bengals drafting a backer in round 2 and maybe WR/TE round 3. Not a lot of movement at this point but it is still early.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Ryan Glasgow, he just cannot stay healthy. I would re-sign Billings for this very reason.

Not to mention letting Billings go right when he is coming into his own is completely idiotic. I don't care how Tupou played.

again this isn't what I'm campaigning for.  its what I think may happen

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
After tendering these 4 guys the Bengals are done with free agency
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 01:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What is the teams fascination with Redmond? He’s always hurt and when he does play, he’s a walking penalty flag.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It looks like one of the mystery upsides that only the Bengals front office sees.

Reply/Quote
I just don't get why we tender Alex Redmond? camp body or not I just think the money could be better spent elsewhere. As far as the Dalton trade rumors, I think a deal gets done with the Bears for this package:

Bengals trade: Dalton

Bears trade: #140 comp pick, and #200 6th rd

-at 140 Bengals could get a nice Guard , and at 200 we could get a nice WR that slipped down a round due to position in draft strength.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 11:00 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I just don't get why we tender Alex Redmond? camp body or not I just think the money could be better spent elsewhere. As far as the Dalton trade rumors, I think a deal gets done with the Bears for this package:

Bengals trade: Dalton

Bears trade: #140 comp pick, and #200 6th rd

-at 140 Bengals could get a nice Guard , and at 200 we could get a nice WR that slipped down a round due to position in draft strength.

Heck, with those two picks, the Bengals could package them and trade back up into a round, at any point.  (not that they would, or anything like that..)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 02:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Believe we can match and get into a bidding war, but not entire clear on that.

we get the right to match... any tender.. and if we don't we get a draft pick for whatever round they were tendered if they were tendered in such a way
Reply/Quote
Last week I heard a guy on the radio say something and I had no idea if he meant. . .

"Bengals to tender two players"

or

"Bengals too tender to players"
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 09:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It looks like one of the mystery upsides that only the Bengals front office sees.

think its just makes sure you got an upgrade coming before you let the current guy go....

don't believe his contract would be gaurenteed anything till the actual start of the league in September. so could always cut him later if everyone else pans out.
Reply/Quote