Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals tender 5 players

Reply/Quote
Hopkins got a 2nd Round Tender. No team is going to sign him and give up that.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 05:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hopkins got a 2nd Round Tender. No team is going to sign him and give up that.

I think the 2nd round tender is also around 3m this year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 05:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think the 2nd round tender is also around 3m this year. 

Yeah...that's totally puzzling. He was pretty bad at Guard 2 years ago. A little better at Center, but I wouldn't call him a good player.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 05:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...that's totally puzzling. He was pretty bad at Guard 2 years ago. A little better at Center, but I wouldn't call him a good player.

he stepped in well for price when he went down last year.  And while not an all pro at any position a versitle backup that has already played 3 spots on the OL for us.
Are Tenders Fully Gaurenteed or like a normal contract only applies if on the team to start the season

the Rest are just to get them back to camp
Reply/Quote
I liked all on the list. I think Hopkins is worth a 2nd round tender but I can see how others see it too high. He is flexible and can play C/G. I still think he is a better Center compared to Price at this point. I will see who the Bengals draft. I could see them drafting a C/G hybrid fairly high in Bradbury.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 05:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...that's totally puzzling. He was pretty bad at Guard 2 years ago. A little better at Center, but I wouldn't call him a good player.

What kind of OG/C do you think we could get for $3 million in free agency?
Reply/Quote
Brandon Wilson kind of surprises me. He only played 54 snaps on defense all last season. He must be good on ST.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Brandon Wilson kind of surprises me.  He only played 54 snaps on defense all last season.  He must be good on ST.

Special teams is his forte.
Reply/Quote
I can agree with their selections, for the most part. Especially Hopkins and McRae. The only one that makes me look twice, is Redmond. Evidently, the team must still see him as the starter, until someone beats him out?

On the bright side, at least Bobby Hart wasn't on the tendered list..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 05:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

All are decent backups besides Redmond who played terrible last season but i still think he has upside if he can get the penalty problems out of his game. Hopkins played well last year at Center, surprised me, good backup to Price. I like McRae and Wilson as backups in the Secondary and on ST's. Tupou is a big dude that can stop the run. Liking this.

Need to re-sign Dennard next and even Eifert if he is willing to do another incentive laden contract for if he cannot stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 06:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can agree with their selections, for the most part.  Especially Hopkins and McRae.  The only one that makes me look twice, is Redmond.  Evidently, the team must still see him as the starter, until someone beats him out?  

I think only restricted FA's can be tendered.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 06:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can agree with their selections, for the most part.  Especially Hopkins and McRae.  The only one that makes me look twice, is Redmond.  Evidently, the team must still see him as the starter, until someone beats him out?  

Alex is 24 years old and will be playing with his 3rd OL coach and 3rd OC in his 3-year career after being undrafted.   The upside is there.  Keep him at least through training camp.  It doesn't hurt to see how this new staff works with him and how he responds

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 07:11 PM)pally Wrote: Alex is 24 years old and will be playing with his 3rd OL coach and 3rd OC in his 3-year career after being undrafted.   The upside is there.  Keep him at least through training camp.  It doesn't hurt to see how this new staff works with him and how he responds

Actually, you have a good point.  For some reason, I thought that Redmond had been around longer than he has.  I did notice that when he wasn't false starting, or getting flagged for holding, he did have some good plays.  There is potential, I just hope the carousel of coaches hasn't thwarted his development.  He seemed to get good push in run blocking, but really struggled with pass protection.

I think what tends to get him in pass pro, is the slide step back, and "catch who's coming".  He seems powerful, when he's the one to initiate contact.  Perhaps Turner will allow them to punch, and then maintain contact, while only giving ground to avoid getting beaten?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What kind of OG/C do you think we could get for $3 million in free agency?

I'd rather have a solid starter for $5-6 million than a backup for $3 million.
Reply/Quote
Blown away that Redmond is on that list, I don't think Turner will want him. He said in an interview he wants huge guys like 330+ and Redmond is barely 300 lbs. Plus he's awful, last year between him and Hart I'm surprised that Dalton is still walking upright.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Redmond is trash, not even a good backup let alone starter. Others should be drafted or signed and he should be tossed
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 09:31 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Blown away that Redmond is on that list, I don't think Turner will want him. He said in an interview he wants huge guys like 330+ and Redmond is barely 300 lbs. Plus he's awful, last year between him and Hart I'm surprised that Dalton is still walking upright.

(03-09-2019, 02:52 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Redmond is trash, not even a good backup let alone starter. Others should be drafted or signed and he should be tossed

Agreed. He’s a damn penalty machine, too. Don’t want him on this team next season.

Reply/Quote

THIS ^

Interesting to see who the new staff sees as valuable, and who not. Anyone besides Hart not get tendered who could have?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Hart's $3M deal is good. Serviceable utility OL guys are very valuable.

Redmond is a nasty, mean SOB. Even in the huddle he looks like a caged dog. He needs to get his temper more focused and mature a bit. Got pulled out of a game last year for penalties as it seemed he was about to go postal on the field.

We need a couple of guys like that on this Team. So I'm all for that.
Reply/Quote