Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals tender 5 players
(03-10-2019, 02:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: The problem is that if you don't tender Trey, you either need to find a replacement in FA or draft a new backup.  It will likely cost more than $3 mil to get an equivalent C in FA and you don't want to to be forced to spend a pick on the position.

If we would have tendered Hopkins at the original round level it would have saved us money. If someone signs him Oh well. We have 11 draft picks so I am not worried about having to draft another C. I think we should add another body whether Hopkins is here or not. 

Backup interior OL shouldn't be a major cost. And we are penny pinching to begin with so it hurts our chances even more for making a big move. 

Basically we overpaid Hopkins by about 2 million, money that I wish would be going to a guy that we were paying to be a starter. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 06:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Special teams is his forte.

Remember when he played some RB at Houston?  And returned kicks?  I would love to see him get a shot at that (KR).  He's a freak.  Great athlete but not the best instincts in the back half.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 09:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Redmond is the type of dude Belicheat cuts on day four of training camp for being dumb ass hell and not knowing what a snap count is.

Exactly, but old Merv gives him 5 years to develop into a player he then cuts
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 02:52 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Redmond is trash, not even a good backup let alone starter. Others should be drafted or signed and he should be tossed

Redmon? Mr. Penalty Redmon? The Bengals are the NFL's player development team. The only player that consistently got penalties from start to end of the season. Whatever Whatever

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-alex-redmond-benched-for-second-half/

Redmon's reaction after reading my comments and getting a tender from the team.  Mooning
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What kind of OG/C do you think we could get for $3 million in free agency?

Billy Turner OG/RT
Ty Neskhe LT (maybe a prove it deal)
Cameron Fleming RT
Marshall Newhouse RT

All avg and some are swing men as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 12:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Billy Turner OG/RT
Cameron Fleming RT
Marshall Newhouse RT

Uh, Marshall Newhouse was a Bengal for a year, he wasn't exactly what I would describe as an "average" player.  He was pretty bad.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 12:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uh, Marshall Newhouse was a Bengal for a year, he wasn't exactly what I would describe as an "average" player.  He was pretty bad.

Yep....I see nothing wrong with keeping Hopkins around.  He played well at Center, considering he'd never played the position before.  He provides decent play at 3 different positions.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Disheartening. Drafted scrubs on the offensive line, and now we tender them. I can’t think of another team that would render these guys to be perennial backups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 12:45 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote:  I can’t think of another team that would render these guys to be perennial backups. 

Actually you have no clue.

I could just as easily say that every team in the league would be happy to have these guys as backup or even starters.

Claiming that other NFL teams agree with you is a laughable way to try and prove a point.  I remember when guys like you were claiming that no other team in the league would pay Peko to be a starter before the best defense in the league paid him more than the Bengals to start for them.
Reply/Quote
True. Maybe some team with the 26st or lower ranked offensive line aspires to have the 25th ranked offensive line like us and will sign Hopkins and Redmond to get there.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 01:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: True. Maybe some team with the 26st or lower ranked offensive line aspires to have the 25th ranked offensive line like us and will sign Hopkins and Redmond to get there.

Broncos had a top 5 D-line when they signed Peko to start for them.

Despite the fact that so many experts around here claimed us playing Peko was proof that we did not want to win.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 12:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Billy Turner OG/RT
Cameron Fleming RT
Marshall Newhouse RT

Newhouse might be the only RT worse than what we have...
Reply/Quote