Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals thank Chad for his support
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-chad-johnson-cigars

The term 'Bengal for life' hasn't been used much over the past few decades. Maybe it's time for it to become a more common phrase. 

Bengals legend Chad Johnson has supported the organization since his NFL career ended, but he's stepped his game up to an entirely new level this offseason. 

Johnson welcomed multiple rookies to Cincinnati on social media and made a video for No. 1 pick Joe Burrow.

He's gone on national television shows like ESPN's 'First Take' to defend the organization. Johnson also offered to work with the Bengals wide receivers this offseason, including rookie Tee Higgins. 

Johnson even appeared on the live stream during the Bengals schedule reveal. His support has been consistent throughout the offseason and the entire organization has taken notice. 

The Bengals sent Ochocinco a note thanking him for all of his support. The package included an assortment of cigars (Chad's favorite). 
Reply/Quote
Seen this morning. He's been pretty supportive and although some either love or hate the guy, he's always seemed to have supported the organization and it's players. I think to Chad, it is a family, and he's very proud of it and acts accordingly. Good for him. I hope he gets a chance to make a difference here other than a basic off-field cheerleader.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
LOVE Chad Johnson! Probably my favorite Bengal ever.

Such a great, great player who made the game and team so much fun. And he's proven time and again to be good guy off the field too.

Ex. He just left a 1,000 tip at a restaraunt recently, which has been covered in the media. And he's done that numerous times too.
Reply/Quote
Chad was not "always" supportive of the team. In fact he tried to cry his way out of town after the '07 season.

But since he has come back to supporting the team I will welcome him with open arms.
Reply/Quote
Did they also thank CP9? I had to listen for years on the mothership to those with CP9 fatheads on their walls tell me how much of a better player, person, and Bengal CP9 was.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2020, 03:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: LOVE Chad Johnson!  Probably my favorite Bengal ever.

Such a great, great player who made the game and team so much fun. And he's proven time and again to be good guy off the field too.

Ex. He just left a 1,000 tip at a restaraunt recently, which has been covered in the media. And he's done that numerous times too.

There was that one year he bought tickets to save Cincy from blackouts. I've always considered the Rattler (f. the HOF) my favorite Bengal but Chad is a close second.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This just shows why the Bengals need a ring of honor or a Bengals Hall of Fame.

The old guys should be brought back once a year and celebrated.

I also would like to see former Bengals on coaching staff or as members of front office or something.

Honoring the best from the past can help the current and future culture for sure!
Reply/Quote
I think, if Chad could do it all over again, he would have done whatever to stay in Cincinnati and retire a Bengal. HE went to th Patriots and didn't get the ring, so maybe the squeeze was not worth it.
Reply/Quote
Chad will always be one of my favorite Bengals, in fact he's probably my 2nd favorite Bengal ! But I must admit I got frustrated with him quite a bit around the T.O. time.

But he more than anyone else made Bengals football fun again after years of suffering and I'll always love him for that.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2020, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chad was not "always" supportive of the team.  In fact he tried to cry his way out of town after the '07 season.

But since he has come back to supporting the team I will welcome him with open arms.

I think after he went to the Patriots he realized how good he had it here in Cincinnati.  
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2020, 08:56 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Chad will always be one of my favorite Bengals, in fact he's probably my 2nd favorite Bengal ! But I must admit I got frustrated with him quite a bit around the T.O. time.

But he more than anyone else made Bengals football fun again after years of suffering and I'll always love him for that.

The T.O. Batman and Robin thing was kinda over the top and although kind of funny at first, got old very quickly. Would have been much more tolerable had they actually made the impact they claimed they were going to.

(05-22-2020, 09:12 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think after he went to the Patriots he realized how good he had it here in Cincinnati.  

2 teams ran very differently. Hard to be a showboat on BB's team.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2020, 09:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: The T.O. Batman and Robin thing was kinda over the top and although kind of funny at first, got old very quickly. Would have been much more tolerable had they actually made the impact they claimed they were going to.

2 teams ran very differently. Hard to be a showboat on BB's team.

And according to some recently departed Pats, it is also hard to have fun.  Say what you will about not being fun, as they still won a LOT, but Chad needs to be having fun or he will die.  Awful fit.  
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2020, 10:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And according to some recently departed Pats, it is also hard to have fun.  Say what you will about not being fun, as they still won a LOT, but Chad needs to be having fun or he will die.  Awful fit.  

I did not like the antics as Chad had huge success. But, I loved his work ethic and love the fact he supports the bengals and will tell anyone who will listen, Bengals FO gets a bad rap.

As for Pats, after all of these years, we will see did Pats win because of BB and Tom Brady or because of BB?

My guess is Tom Brady took a very good NFL coach to greatness, now he will look ordinary again in 2020. Show me a great coach in the last 2 decades (once league became passing and offense friendly) and it appears they have a great or HOF QB.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The Pepto and list of DBs was genius in my opinion! Chad backed it up and it was fun to watch. In my eyes, he tarnished himself with the gold jacket-marriage proposal routine after he changed to Ocho Cinco.
Reply/Quote
Chad is such a good guy. So my Mom is in real estate here in Cincy, and she has some shared connections with Chad. I think it was when PS3 came out, Chad ended up buying a PS3 her friends son had gotten. He paid a good bit over retail, and hooked the kid up with a bunch of tickets and Bengals swag.

I still will never forget him working with companies to get Bengals tickets bought out, so that the games would be broadcasted. Dude is the truth.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2020, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chad was not "always" supportive of the team.  In fact he tried to cry his way out of town after the '07 season.

That was an ugly offseason. He was trying to strong arm the org into a bigger payday or trade. As much as I love Chad, those two first rounders from the 'Skins were tempting. 
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2020, 11:17 AM)sandwedge Wrote: The Pepto and list of DBs was genius in my opinion! Chad backed it up and it was fun to watch. In my eyes, he tarnished himself with the gold jacket-marriage proposal routine after he changed to Ocho Cinco.
Unfortunately those "genius"  antics were the beginnings of ocho cinco. Im a BIG Chad Johnson fan on the other hand. Those antics proved to be motivation for the opposition. It wasn't fun watching "ocho" get concussed by Ray Lewis https://youtu.be/dkJVXfyRksg and the no name Browns safety. https://youtu.be/U60aEO9FC3s"   Remember that ? A mouthy WR is great motivation for any defender. Ocho took the hits and never complained but they were targeting him.
I'm very very glad Chad Johnson is back !
Reply/Quote
Good man Chad, love how he has supported the team this Offseason and Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I was not always happy with the way Chad went about things calling DB out pissing the other team off given them locker room news to hype their team up before a game with us. But he was a good player and when he was a Bengal I rooted for him like I do all Bengal players weather I like them or not.

When Carson wanted to leave I was not happy with the timing and short notice but if a guy wants to part ways with the team you can not hold that against him. When I heard about trash being thrown on his lawn {true or not true} I did not agree with doing a player that way. That being said Carson telling a draft pick 10 years or longer down the road to pull an Eli and refuse to play for the Bengals is beyond forgivable. He is not attacking just the front office or ownership he is hurting the fans also which does not deserve it because a few fans treated him badly at the end of his time on the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 07:54 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I was not always happy with the way Chad went about things calling DB out pissing the other team off given them locker room news to hype their team up before a game with us. But he was a good player and when he was a Bengal I rooted for him like I do all Bengal players weather I like them or not.

When Carson wanted to leave I was not happy with the timing and short notice but if a guy wants to part ways with the team you can not hold that against him. When I heard about trash being thrown on his lawn {true or not true} I did not agree with doing a player that way. That being said Carson telling a draft pick 10 years or longer down the road to pull an Eli and refuse to play for the Bengals is beyond forgivable. He is not attacking just the front office or ownership he is hurting the fans also which does not deserve it because a few fans treated him badly at the end of his time on the team.

But that didn't happen.

He publicly stated that he did not feel that the Bengals front office was serious about trying to win a Super Bowl.  At no point did he say to Burrow that he should refuse to play here, and Burrow has even stated that himself.
Reply/Quote