Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals thank Chad for his support
(05-23-2020, 09:12 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But that didn't happen.

He publicly stated that he did not feel that the Bengals front office was serious about trying to win a Super Bowl.  At no point did he say to Burrow that he should refuse to play here, and Burrow has even stated that himself.

Yeah, that was other assholes. 

We cannot disagree with Palmer (or shouldn't we all know how we are not big dogs in FA usually but)….

maybe it even helped in the process for Burrow in the long run.

I don't know. Things needed to change around here in Free Agency and it happened.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2020, 09:12 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But that didn't happen.

He publicly stated that he did not feel that the Bengals front office was serious about trying to win a Super Bowl.  At no point did he say to Burrow that he should refuse to play here, and Burrow has even stated that himself.

I agree he didn't explicitly say that, but Carsone knew what he was doing...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2020, 12:08 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Unfortunately those "genius"  antics were the beginnings of ocho cinco. Im a BIG Chad Johnson fan on the other hand. Those antics proved to be motivation for the opposition. It wasn't fun watching "ocho" get concussed by Ray Lewis  https://youtu.be/dkJVXfyRksg and the no name Browns safety.  https://youtu.be/U60aEO9FC3s"   Remember that ? A mouthy WR is great motivation for any defender. Ocho took the hits and never complained but they were targeting him.
I'm very very glad Chad Johnson is back !

I am not a fan of pre-staged celebrations, and Chad was a big part of getting those started. Seems to me the time they spend during the week figuring out what kind of "show" they are going to put on if they score, so they can get on Sports Center, would be better spent studying the playbook. I'm fine with end zone celebrations that are spontaneous, but when they are pre planned it is just irritating. (to me anyway)
Reply/Quote
I remember when AJ Green was drafted and thought how good the offensive skill group was going to be with Chad, AJ, Ced Benson, Jermaine Gresham, and Jerome Simpson.
Then they traded Chad for two late-round round picks Sad

Would have been really neat to see Chad and AJ together.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2020, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I am not a fan of pre-staged celebrations, and Chad was a big part of getting those started. Seems to me the time they spend during the week figuring out what kind of "show" they are going to put on if they score, so they can get on Sports Center, would be better spent studying the playbook. I'm fine with end zone celebrations that are spontaneous, but when they are pre planned it is just irritating. (to me anyway)

I think you might be overestimating how much time goes into TD celebration planning.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2020, 12:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think you might be overestimating how much time goes into TD celebration planning.

And you may be underestimating it. Especially when they get their teammates to join in to perform little skits like JuJushitbean re-enacting the Burfict hit.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2020, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And you may be underestimating it. Especially when they get their teammates to join in to perform little skits like JuJushitbean re-enacting the Burfict hit.

I may be. But to me, it shouldn't take more than like 10-15 minutes to come up with a creative TD celebration and rehearse it a couple times.

Assuming that's all that it really would/should take, I don't know if it makes a big difference if they use that time toward studying the playbook more.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No one has said "I liked Chad but hated Ochocinco" yet? Yall dropped the ball there.

Seriously though, it's great to see a bromance between Chad and the team. Chad is the rare Bengals legend that still loves the team, and big props to the Bengals for finally caring a bit about their image, former players and PR. I've been loving all the changes this off-season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Chad is one of the all timers for this team. He lost me with the ocho cinco stuff but it's nice to see him figuring it out now. Would love to see some role for him with the organization.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2020, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I am not a fan of pre-staged celebrations, and Chad was a big part of getting those started. Seems to me the time they spend during the week figuring out what kind of "show" they are going to put on if they score, so they can get on Sports Center, would be better spent studying the playbook. I'm fine with end zone celebrations that are spontaneous, but when they are pre planned it is just irritating. (to me anyway)

WhoDey2 Absolutely. I'm with Paul Brown on this: Act like you've been there before.

That said, I'm still a big Chad fan...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote

Have to agree, even if it is entertaining it gets irritating to me as well with the planned out celebrations for the entire team.

As JSR quoted PB...
Reply/Quote
Just so I have this straight.

It is okay for fans to celebrate a td even thought they did nothing but sit on their butts and watch.

It is NOT okay for players to celebrate a td even though they have busted their ass all year to accomplish that feat.

Is that correct?
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just so I have this straight.

It is okay for fans to celebrate a td even thought they did nothing but sit on their butts and watch.

It is NOT okay for players to celebrate a td even though they have busted their ass all year to accomplish that feat.

Is that correct?

Nope, not correct. It is the planned out team celebrations that are over the top that get irritating to me.

A nice little celebration is just fine with me.
Reply/Quote
As weak as some of the TD celebrations have been in recent years maybe more players need to be rehearsing them...

Chad’s were always the best.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 05:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As weak as some of the TD celebrations have been in recent years maybe more players need to be rehearsing them...

Chad’s were always the best.

His were definitely the first and I always got a kick out of them as long as they didn't cost us games.

With the way the rules or lack thereof are now he would be having a ball now a days.

And it is true these guys work their asses off all year and since they got the TD in the first place they should be able to celebrate.

I just find it irritating when a team is down big and they are all celebrating while getting their ass kicked.

Should be all bidness when you are down trying to get your team back into the game.

Love Mixon but he does this sometimes when we are getting our ass kicked.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: His were definitely the first and I always got a kick out of them as long as they didn't cost us games.

With the way the rules or lack thereof are now he would be having a ball now a days.

And it is true these guys work their asses off all year and since they got the TD in the first place they should be able to celebrate.

I just find it irritating when a team is down big and they are all celebrating while getting their ass kicked.

Should be all bidness when you are down trying to get your team back into the game.

Love Mixon but he does this sometimes when we are getting our ass kicked.

Yeah, Mixon is actually who I was thinking about wrt weak celebrations. He’s had some cringy ones. Lol

Nothing was worse than Dre always acting like he just made a game winning pick 6 though. And most of the time he did very little to break up the pass.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2020, 08:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Mixon is actually who I was thinking about wrt weak celebrations. He’s had some cringy ones. Lol

Nothing was worse than Dre always acting like he just made a game winning pick 6 though. And most of the time he did very little to break up the pass.

Agree and yes Dre really got on my nerves even more for sure.

Still remember that tweet that showed Dre in Madden where he is nowhere near his guy in coverage and the QB just misses the
wide open Receiver and Dre flails his hands around like he just made an all world play lol
Reply/Quote