Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals tied for most sacks allowed
(09-27-2016, 11:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Fixed it for ya!

That still doesn't change the fact that Ben had more pressure on him? 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 01:05 AM)Sweetness Wrote: It's only been 5 and 2 of them came in the last minute of a game where the best pass rushing team in the league knew we had to pass. So for pretty much 119 minutes they only gave up 3 sacks. Is it good? God no. Is it the worst ever and worst pass blocking line in the league? No. 

We are tied for the most sacks allowed... Dalton is getting hit constantly even though he has one of the quickest releases in the NFL... We can't open up any lanes for our RBs...

Yeah we don't have one of the worst OLs in the league  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 09:23 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Stop it. Do you guys even watch other games?  Other QBs get hit, pressured, and have people in their face all of the time. Ben got pressured way more then Dalton did during the game at Pitt. The difference was they made big plays down the field and the Bengals couldn't he open. Siemien was hit and had pressure during the game too, but they made plays down the field.

The Bengals problem is their run game blows and they don't have anyone who can get open down the field right now. I agree the lines have both been weak, but stop acting like Dalton is the only person facing pressure. Outside of one game by a few people, the offense as a whole has been bad, even when Andy does have time.

We're suppose to have one of the top lines, instead we're tied for last. That's different than a QB getting pressured and sacked some.

The running game problems are on the line. We have lots of people who can get down field, starting with AJ Green and including LaFell, Boyd and Bernard. But if the QB is on his ass before they can get 20 yards down field, there's little point in running multiple guys on deep routes.

Giving up sacks on consecutive plays, then getting called for a hold on the 3rd play to take the team out of field goal range right after a turnover is rather wimpy, if not down right little girly like.

Oh, here they are, I found a gif of our OL.

[Image: aQvTky.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 02:07 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We are tied for the most sacks allowed... Dalton is getting hit constantly even though he has one of the quickest releases in the NFL... We can't open up any lanes for our RBs...

Yeah we don't have one of the worst OLs in the league  Ninja
One problem is Whitworth is still mad about the Bengals drafting Fisher and it has affected his game, Whitworth should have been extended for 2 years IMO, but they allowed him to play in his last year under contract and alongside his obvious replacement (remember his rant when Fisher was drafted). Big whit needs to lead the OL and not worry about next year, like Adam Jones did last year, just go out and ball out and the contract will be there.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 08:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uhh, baloney.  For the second game in a row, Andy got his helmet ripped or knocked off.  This is a team that prided itself on having strong lines, on both sides of the ball.  That simply isn't the case right now.

.....it was nearly knocked completely off in the Jets game too, remember the shot to the chin that should have been a roughing penalty?  His chinstrap was in his eyes....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 02:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We're suppose to have one of the top lines, instead we're tied for last. That's different than a QB getting pressured and sacked some.

The running game problems are on the line. We have lots of people who can get down field, starting with AJ Green and including LaFell, Boyd and Bernard. But if the QB is on his ass before they can get 20 yards down field, there's little point in running multiple guys on deep routes.

Giving up sacks on consecutive plays, then getting called for a hold on the 3rd play to take the team out of field goal range right after a turnover is rather wimpy, if not down right little girly like.

Oh, here they are, I found a gif of our OL.

[Image: aQvTky.gif]

Don't forget not being able to punch it in from the 1 on first and goal....losing three yards the first play.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 01:02 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Well apparently "pressure isn't just sacks" so I guess that proof do be damned. And like I said earlier, over half their sacks came in the first game and another 2 were in the last minute of the game last week. 

Our run blocking has been beyond bad, but outside of the first game and the last minute of the Denver game the pass blocking really hasn't been any worse then any other team. 

Can't be picky and choosy when it comes to the timing of the sacks.  The fact that two of those sacks came late in the game last week when we were down and needed to make a run are probably more d@mning than if they were given up at any other point in the game.  
Reply/Quote
The piano man PA is well past his prime. This offensive line looks like a pee wee league in technique.

Until we get a line coach who's ready to kick ass and take names instead of being determined to not give up on a lost cause. We're gonna get rocked, well Andy's gonna get rocked !

"Lookout Andy" will be rolling of tongues
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 07:13 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Well seeing as we gave up like 6 the first game and only 3 the past two I think it's already fixed...As much as people want to blame our offensive woes for Andy being under pressure, he really hasn't faced that that much the past two games. Are their QBS that face less? Yea, obviously. But most teams have just as much or more pressure then he has seen the past two games. We just don't have people who can get open and outside of one 50 yard run we have no run game.

Dalton has one of the quickest release times in the NFL (I believe he was second to Brady last year), yet he is still under constant pressure.  The guy is getting hit, knocked down, pressured, and running for his life on almost every drop back.  Andy played 12 games and one drive last year, during which time he was sacked 20 times. Basically 1.5 times per game.  Even at "only three the past two", that is still double the rate of last year.  He is getting hit way too much.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 11:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So "most times sacked in the NFL" proof be damned, Andy clearly has as much time as any other QB out there because....reasons?

Dude just saw facts, understood them, and said **** em.
lol
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 11:57 AM)Housh Wrote: Dude just saw facts, understood them, and said **** em.
lol

I'm not saying our Oline has been good, I'm saying it's 3 games into the season so one game can make a something look alot worse. Why don't we wait for another few weeks before we start calling them the worse Oline in the league. 

On paper AJ Green is averaging almost 100 yards a game but in reality he has done nothing outside of the first game. 

If you want to say the Oline blows at run blocking I completely agree because theyve ducked since last year. All I'm saying is why don't we wait a bit on the pass blocking part because it's only been 3 games, 2 of which were against 2 of the best Dlines in the league. 

Three games into a season stats don't really mean a whole lot. If you actually watch other games, you would see alot of other lines are struggling to. Seventeen other teams have as many of more QB hits. That stat doesn't matter though because it goes against the narrative that Dalton is the only person facing pressure.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 01:25 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I'm not saying our Oline has been good, I'm saying it's 3 games into the season so one game can make a something look alot worse. Why don't we wait for another few weeks before we start calling them the worse Oline in the league. 

On paper AJ Green is averaging almost 100 yards a game but in reality he has done nothing outside of the first game. 

If you want to say the Oline blows at run blocking I completely agree because theyve ducked since last year. All I'm saying is why don't we wait a bit on the pass blocking part because it's only been 3 games, 2 of which were against 2 of the best Dlines in the league. 

Three games into a season stats don't really mean a whole lot. If you actually watch other games, you would see alot of other lines are struggling to. Seventeen other teams have as many of more QB hits. That stat doesn't matter though because it goes against the narrative that Dalton is the only person facing pressure.

We get that, but are those 17 other teams continually lauded as a top 5 unit?  This iteration of our line certainly doesn't live up to that billing.....I've personally never thought they have.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 09:23 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Stop it. Do you guys even watch other games?  Other QBs get hit, pressured, and have people in their face all of the time. Ben got pressured way more then Dalton did during the game at Pitt. The difference was they made big plays down the field and the Bengals couldn't he open. Siemien was hit and had pressure during the game too, but they made plays down the field.

The Bengals problem is their run game blows and they don't have anyone who can get open down the field right now. I agree the lines have both been weak, but stop acting like Dalton is the only person facing pressure. Outside of one game by a few people, the offense as a whole has been bad, even when Andy does have time.

What games were you watching where Dalton had time?  Time is a clean pocket and he has not had a clean pocket in any game this year thus far.  And you must have really been smoking saying our D got pressure on Siemien.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 01:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: We get that, but are those 17 other teams continually lauded as a top 5 unit?  This iteration of our line certainly doesn't live up to that billing.....I've personally never thought they have.

I never said they were nor do I think they are. The run blocking has been atrocious going back to 2015 but the pass blocking wasn't really that bad until this year. I definitely don't think they're a top 5 line but I don't think they're a bottom 5 line either. I think they're an average line that has a horrible center. From watching other teams games each week, I think a good amount of teams have lines who's pass blocking is about as bad as our. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 01:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: We get that, but are those 17 other teams continually lauded as a top 5 unit?  This iteration of our line certainly doesn't live up to that billing.....I've personally never thought they have.

Right !

Right after the meltdown at end last season everybody (us, fans, even media a bit) started talking one of the most talented rosters in the league. Top tier DB's full of 1st round picks, upper level D-line, Top tier O-line, good RB's, top WR, good QB, and on and on.

Many, including peeps outside of Cincinnati and this board talk about how we've built a top of the line team. Then why is it save Andy and AJ saving our ass in the first game and Hill having some good runs in the last does this team look totally dysfunctional ?

The O-line sucks period besides Whit. The D-line has gotten next to no pressure. Our running game has sucked except for like 10 plays. We are still I'm sure near the bottom in time of possession. The D is getting flamed on the pass defense by rookies. We've already given up nearly as many 40+ plays as the entire previous season. You could go on and on.

I fully understand Burfict and Eifert. But are those two alone really gonna fix our O and D lines ? Are they really gonna get our defense on the same page by themselves. If we were really that talented how do two pieces being missing totally implode the team and all function ?

How does New England pull a QB out of the woodwork and soldier on ? How does Philly beat the crap outta Pittsburgh with a rookie QB and we look like the keystone cops - cue the Benny Hill Music.

There's no doubt players on the field determine the game. But in my mind it's plain and simple - coaching. This team is playing not to lose.

Period

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sQL7q_IOI
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 02:53 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I never said they were nor do I think they are. The run blocking has been atrocious going back to 2015 but the pass blocking wasn't really that bad until this year. I definitely don't think they're a top 5 line but I don't think they're a bottom 5 line either. I think they're an average line that has a horrible center. From watching other teams games each week, I think a good amount of teams have lines who's pass blocking is about as bad as our. 

We are on the same page here, for sure.  For years, when all of the bashing of Dalton was at a near deafening level, all we heard was how great this line is.....I've always felt they were overrated.  A horrible center and a rook on the edge is hurting us.  Horrible centers have been hurting us for nearly a decade. I will add further, Dalton is facing a lot more pressure this season than he was last.....and I haven't seen much pressure from our d at all this year.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 03:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: We are on the same page here, for sure.  For years, when all of the bashing of Dalton was at a near deafening level, all we heard was how great this line is.....I've always felt they were overrated.  A horrible center and a rook on the edge is hurting us.  Horrible centers have been hurting us for nearly a decade.

Except for one year of Cook was it ? This team has sucked at center since Braham went down in 06.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 03:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Except for one year of Cook was it ? This team has sucked at center since Braham went down in 06.

Yep.....and even Cook wasn't THAT good....he was a little above average for one year, and that beats the shit out of what we've had otherwise.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 03:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right !

Right after the meltdown at end last season everybody (us, fans, even media a bit) started talking one of the most talented rosters in the league. Top tier DB's full of 1st round picks, upper level D-line, Top tier O-line, good RB's, top WR, good QB, and on and on.

Many, including peeps outside of Cincinnati and this board talk about how we've built a top of the line team. Then why is it save Andy and AJ saving our ass in the first game and Hill having some good runs in the last does this team look totally dysfunctional ?

The O-line sucks period besides Whit. The D-line has gotten next to no pressure. Our running game has sucked except for like 10 plays. We are still I'm sure near the bottom in time of possession. The D is getting flamed on the pass defense by rookies. We've already given up nearly as many 40+ plays as the entire previous season. You could go on and on.

I fully understand Burfict and Eifert. But are those two alone really gonna fix our O and D lines ? Are they really gonna get our defense on the same page by themselves. If we were really that talented how do two pieces being missing totally implode the team and all function ?

How does New England pull a QB out of the woodwork and soldier on ? How does Philly beat the crap outta Pittsburgh with a rookie QB and we look like the keystone cops - cue the Benny Hill Music.

There's no doubt players on the field determine the game. But in my mind it's plain and simple - coaching. This team is playing not to lose.

Period

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sQL7q_IOI

He's been no better than the rest of them
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 04:53 AM)bengaltruth Wrote: One problem is Whitworth is still mad about the Bengals drafting Fisher and it has affected his game, Whitworth should have been extended for 2 years IMO, but they allowed him to play in his last year under contract and alongside his obvious replacement (remember his rant when Fisher was drafted). Big whit needs to lead the OL and not worry about next year, like Adam Jones did last year, just go out and ball out and the contract will be there.

Um, what? The drafted Fisher and Ced last year, and Whit responded by being 1st Team All-Pro for the second straight year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote