Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals to be featured on NFL Network's "Inside Training Camp" today
Both commentators made comments pre show about Dalton and were dead set to go after him post practice based on those comments. I mean come on they act like he isn't an NFL caliber QB, even going as far to say he will get pulled for McCaron. If they knew anything they would know his regular season record isn't the issue. Why would you pull your QB in the regular season when he is most likely going to win 10 games? For all the talk about the post season, you have to be in it to win it.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 10:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: Both commentators made comments pre show about Dalton and were dead set to go after him post practice based on those comments. I mean come on they act like he isn't an NFL caliber QB, even going as far to say he will get pulled for McCaron. If they knew anything they would know his regular season record isn't the issue. Why would you pull your QB in the regular season when he is most likely going to win 10 games? For all the talk about the post season, you have to be in it to win it.

Anytime the national media talks about the Bengals they are going to address the inconsistent play of Andy Dalton.  Even the most hard core Bengal fan realizes this is an issue.  But no legitimate analyst is going to predict that Dalton will be benched for McCarron during the regular season.
Reply/Quote
Hoard and Lapham did a GREAT job covering the practice! It was great watching except for when the NFL Networks analyst took over although they do love them some Hill!
Reply/Quote
You have to take the national media for what they are worth. They continued to act like McCarron was going to push Dalton even after the practice where McCarran looked awful, and couldn't even make 3/4th the throws Dalton made. But they still shot Dalton down and pumped McCarron up. Craziness. All they compare him to is Tom Brady. Sorry he's not, but no other young qb has to meet such high comparisons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Jamie Dukes actually said that when a team has running plays for its QB it means the team doesn't think the QB can throw the ball.
Reply/Quote
Unless it's one of the darlings. Then running is a clear sign of their athleticism, the ability to beat you in multiple ways etc. I heard that too Fred and thought since when was this the case?

Reply/Quote
The more Dukes talked the dumber he appeared.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 12:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: You have to take the national media for what they are worth. They continued to act like McCarron was going to push Dalton even after the practice where McCarran looked awful, and couldn't even make 3/4th the throws Dalton made. But they still shot Dalton down and pumped McCarron up. Craziness. All they compare him to is Tom Brady. Sorry he's not, but no other young qb has to meet such high comparisons.

I didn't hear theem say AJ looked good. I actually heard them say McCarron looked bad as well and although they predicted a change they were not sure McCarron could keep the job.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 01:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't hear theem say AJ looked good. I actually heard them say McCarron looked bad as well and although they predicted a change they were not sure McCarron could keep the job.

I'm not sure how they could even predict any change but McCarron getting cut based off of what they were seeing from him.  They really watched that practice and predicted Dalton would lose his job to him. Think about that. They must have saw something I didn't.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 02:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sure how they could even predict any change but McCarron getting cut based off of what they were seeing from him.  They really watched that practice and predicted Dalton would lose his job to him. Think about that. They must have saw something I didn't.

The only thing I saw from McCarron is that he has good power behind his throws and bad accuracy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jamie Dukes actually said that when a team has running plays for its QB it means the team doesn't think the  QB can throw the ball.

I guess San Fran and Seattle didn't represent the NFC in the last three Super Bowls with that very belief.
Reply/Quote
The primetime coverage was much better until they broke away to cover the Dez fight.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 05:24 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Watched it and wished I could have that time back.  Jamie Dukes is an idiot and I wish the NFL channel would get rid of him.

BTW, ton of pressure on all the QBs.  Either Geno was back to the old Geno (I hope) or once again the line is under achieving.

Gotta be Geno.....we all know our o line coach is a sure fire HOFer, and our line NEVER under-performs Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote