Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are they listening?
(02-11-2021, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: JFC, they are probably just trying out different lettering to see what it looks like and what kind of spacing it takes up.

Sounds about right. No way they could do that on one of those devil devices known as computer
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 11:04 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here he comes to save the day....!!!!

Dude, he was just making a joke about inducting names that would cover multiple players.  None of his examples are even in the pictures.

It's a rare day when I come to Bfine's defense, but leave it to you to have me do it.  Is there anything you don't get offended by?

Really, because...

Quote:Looks like they're still trying to cut corners.

Looks to me like it's just another Mike Brown is cheap shot, and whining about getting something people have been asking for. But whatever....
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 11:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sounds about right. No way they could do that on one of those devil devices known as computer

Well, the probably could, but since there are obviously at least 2 different fonts and types of lettering up there according to the pictures, one would think they are trying them out in person.
Reply/Quote
i vote for the DIABLO font

[Image: 340?cb=20081127212724]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:53 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: can't we be a bit more original than another "ring"???

As a cost savings measure, how about a Pole of Honor?  An aluminum pole with players name on it.  They can have a half time ceremony where all of the (living) inductees battle at midfield with their feats of strength, while we all discuss how they've disappointed us over the years.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
What in the actual hell are these banners?

All different colors, fonts, and sizes on some cheap vinyl material.

Seriously, I hate to complain because they are finally doing a ring of honor...but lets hope those are just place holders or something. They look like hell.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i vote for the DIABLO font

[Image: 340?cb=20081127212724]

DOOM font brother. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What in the actual hell are these banners?

Seriously, I hate to complain because they are finally doing a ring of honor...but lets hope those are just place holders or something. They look like hell.

well they havent announced and have some time before the season to finalize it...  What we see is imagines someone took from outside the stadium with no context behind it.
Reply/Quote
This is great news. The family really does seem to be making efforts to change over the last few years. It's not as easy to see due to the W-L record, but making changes doesn't mean instant payoff.

I dare say that I have some degree of confidence in how they will go about running things in the future.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 01:36 PM)samhain Wrote: This is great news.  The family really does seem to be making efforts to change over the last few years.  It's not as easy to see due to the W-L record, but making changes doesn't mean instant payoff.  

I dare say that I have some degree of confidence in how they will go about running things in the future.

i would rather see wins than a Ring of honor to inspire confidence in how the franchise is running.

adding a ring of honor is just a PR move doesnt help the on field product in any way shape or form
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What in the actual hell are these banners?

That doesn't really worry me at this point in time.  You can do mock-ups on a computer, in construction it's cool these days to use VR (that was a big tool for the LV stadium, actually).  But sometimes nothing beats seeing the real thing.  Put up a mock of different fonts, sizes, locations, colors, and move around the stadium and see how it looks.  Then put the real money into doing it based on the decision.  Since this isn't even an official thing and just so happened to be caught by some outside of the stadium spying and a picture on Twitter that probably wasn't supposed to show them, I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves by complaining about details that haven't been confirmed.  

If the team actually went with cheap banners or it was a mashup in the end, I'd be pissed.  But I really don't think they're that stupid.  It's just a mock up phase for now.  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i would rather see wins than a Ring of honor to inspire confidence in how the franchise is running.

adding a ring of honor is just a PR move doesnt help the on field product in any way shape or form

I would have loved to see the ROH and the new unis along with a HC change this offseason.  2/3 is just aesthetics.  But I put them in different categories, too.  The off-field is important, and they're covering that to some extent.  And something like a ROH is so far past due for this franchise I love to see it regardless of anything else the org is doing for the team.  But yes, mostly I just want to see wins, not just lipstick on the pig.  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 02:45 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I would have loved to see the ROH and the new unis along with a HC change this offseason.  2/3 is just aesthetics.  But I put them in different categories, too.  The off-field is important, and they're covering that to some extent.  And something like a ROH is so far past due for this franchise I love to see it regardless of anything else the org is doing for the team.  But yes, mostly I just want to see wins, not just lipstick on the pig.  

well i guess if none of your coaching changes are going to bring fans back a ring of honor at least gets them talking.

But now instead of all these board members whining we dont have one they will argue over who should be in it. (they already were before we thought we were getting one)
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 11:19 PM)jason Wrote: Look at that lettering... Hope nobody with a "B" in their name gets inducted. We'll be pissing and moaning on here.

What the hell are they doing anyway? Aren't you supposed to have an induction ceremony when someone's name goes up? They're just gonna all of the sudden have last names around the stadium?

They will probably cover them up and have a ceremony to honor and induct each name individually.  
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 08:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like they're still trying to cut corners.

They can just put up ANDERSON and say that's for Kenny and Willie

Then they can just put up JOHNSON and cover about 5-6 players

They can put up GREGG with the 3rd G kinda grayed out and say it's for Forrestt and Cook

Painting letters is incredibly expensive these days. Look at all the decisions that have to be made:

Font, color, height, width, spacing, first name and last name or first initial and last name or just last name, which spots are most prominent and who deserves those, which players to include, does Mike Brown get a spot, does Paul Brown get a spot, how long does a player have to be gone before he qualifies, how to handle future players and how do you cut someone off the list if a new better player comes along later and more room needs to be made. I mean this could keep the Bengals' front office committee busy for years to come.

Then there's the other financial issues, such as whose going to pay for player travel to the stadium to be inducted, or does the team simply not bother to invite them.

I can see this front office getting into a whirlwind of confusion over this.

Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i would rather see wins than a Ring of honor to inspire confidence in how the franchise is running.

Oh, so now we need to say we wants wins more than a ROH to sound cool?  I suppose I assumed we all primarily wanted wins as fans of this team and that the need to state that fact was rather redundant, but good job.  You are super hardcore.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 03:47 PM)samhain Wrote: Oh, so now we need to say we wants wins more than a ROH to sound cool?  I suppose I assumed we all primarily wanted wins as fans of this team and that the need to state that fact was rather redundant, but good job.  You are super hardcore.

A monumentment of HOFamers would be nice, something children & adults can interact with and take pics with? Make them 12 ft tall.. you know, bigger than life.

But better than the infamous one below:

[Image: cristiano-ronaldo-new-bust-statue-emanue...6__700.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is this more proof Katie is running the show??

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:53 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: can't we be a bit more original than another "ring"???

At least we would finally have a ring of some kind.
Reply/Quote
Gotta love this new social media staff. Today’s post on their Twitter page shows no sign of the names anywhere.

But this is happening y’all. And IMO while it is true that the most important things to change come in the form of wins, this will certainly be a tradition boost to a franchise that sorely needs it. We as fans know the history and the talented individuals that have played at unusually high levels in this city. Soon, or so it seems, every owner, coach, player, referee, fan, etc. that step foot in the building or tune in on TV will see the names that the organization and we as fans are so proud of as well. Those players deserve the recognition and I applaud the organization for seemingly taking that step to acknowledge them and their accomplishments.

Reply/Quote