Bengals to pursue Logan Ryan
Goodbye Dre?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8516/logan-ryan

Or goodbye Jones?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I dont believe this. Since when have we leaked who we would pursue? Weird story.

Why would we go after him when our starting CB is a free agent. Makes no sense
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 12:49 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I dont believe this. Since when have we leaked who we would pursue? Weird story.

And when Logan Ryan is going to request to be paid? Why bother.
Reply/Quote
I'd be ok with this. Make pac man take a pay cut to stay or cut him too. Doubt that happens.
Reply/Quote
At 14 mil a year? Hell no. If this happened, I see a Pacman cut coming real quick. If this actually came from the organization, then they're playing a hell of a misinformation game. 15 mil to spend and you want to blow it all on one player? LOL.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 12:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Goodbye Dre?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8516/logan-ryan

Or goodbye Jones?

If they get a deal done, I would say it's goodbye to both.  They won't pay both Logan and Dre, and they may be holding onto Jones just until they get a veteran starting CB under contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 11:18 AM)samhain Wrote: At 14 mil a year?  Hell no.  If this happened, I see a Pacman cut coming real quick.  If this actually came from the organization, then they're playing a hell of a misinformation game.  15 mil to spend and you want to blow it all on one player?  LOL.

Yeah, if this is true, then I would guess that the $15 mill number is what they plan on spending to reta our guys with.
Reply/Quote
I question whether the Bengals world ever pay the money needed o sign a top free agent CB, but if this is true, Jones and Dre are gone.

Also- how good is logan? Is he just a product of NE system?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 01:41 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I'd be ok with this.  Make pac man take a pay cut to stay or cut him too.  Doubt that happens.

That is why I wanted Jones released immediately after the police cruiser footage leaked...then when no one else signs him, you could sign him for pennies on the dollar (that you were paying him, because I think that is what he is worth now).
Reply/Quote
Looks like a smokescreen, and not a very good one. Something like this is totally out of character for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:06 PM)snowy Wrote: Looks like a smokescreen, and not a very good one. Something like this is totally out of character for the Bengals.

Yeah, this guy is one of the top Corners out there IMHO.

Much better than Dre and he will cost tons of money. No way we do this.

If we spent big money on an outside FA it should be a pass rusher like Calais Campbell or an O-lineman like Ricky Wagner.

Neither of those would happen either though, especially Calais even though it would put our pass rush over the top.

Chance Warmack at Guard is a possibility. Hoping for this and a decent Linebacker like Sean Spence.
Reply/Quote
If this happened that would be amazing.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt Ryan will be available "when the dust settles" so I can't imagine us actually going after him. This just seems like a terrible smokescreen. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I can't really remember the bengals using " smoke screens " like this. Something tells me this story is real.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If were going after top corner give me bouye
Reply/Quote
I'm not feeling this. Ryan got torched on the perimeter and looked good after the Pats moved him almost exclusively to slot. So unless we plan to just use him in slot this would be a bad move.

On the other hand, we have a good track record with former Patriot players (and the Pats likewise tend to do good with former Bengals).
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 08:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I seriously doubt Ryan will be available "when the dust settles" so I can't imagine us actually going after him. This just seems like a terrible smokescreen. 

We might actually go after him.  We won't bring a big enough truck full of money to sign him, though.  We'll fill the glove compartment of Mike's '82 Citation and say, See, we went after a top FA.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't believe this "rumor", at all. If you follow the story to the original source, Pauline never says who said what. Not even an allusion to "an unnamed source on or close to the Bengals organization", or any other BS. I think this guy simply created the rumor to have something to talk about.

Think about it. Do the Bengals really ever leak who they are genuinely interested in?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 12:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't believe this "rumor", at all.  If you follow the story to the original source, Pauline never says who said what.  Not even an allusion to "an unnamed source on or close to the Bengals organization", or any other BS.  I think this guy simply created the rumor to have something to talk about.

Think about it.  Do the Bengals really ever leak who they are genuinely interested in?

They never leak anything really.  You just wake up one day and find out they signed a 40 year old linebacker who does interviews about his old superbowl team and plays 10 reps a game.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 12:49 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I dont believe this. Since when have we leaked who we would pursue? Weird story.

Pretty much this.  Sounds more like a reporter seeing that Dre wasn't signed long term, sees that the team values corners with high picks and connects imaginary dots that they'll be in the mix for one of the two NE corners.  I wish more smoke would pop up though so we would stop treating Hobspin's 15M number as an absolute (though some of the talk is tongue in cheek).  I know the guy is a FO mouthpiece but there is no work to get to that number.  They'll look at backup options, but targeting Ryan would be a surprise.  
Reply/Quote