Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals type of prospects!
I have 5 guys that come April that Zac and Duke would love to draft. Feel free to add more!

1.) Cooper Dejean S/CB/NB Iowa- can play all 5 spots in the secondary (currently a starting CB), willing in run stopper, leadership qualities, all around athlete, and amazing Ball skills(giggidy). He had 5 Interceptions and he returned 3 for TDS.

Role- He would slide into the deep Safety role and Hill would move to nickel back.

Player Comp- Jessie Bates/Minkah Fitzpatrick

2.)Orande Gadsden II TE/WR Syracuse- A WR TE Hybrid that has 6-5 size, huge catch radius, and will be under 21 come draft day.

Role- Developmental type player with long term aspirations of filling in for Tee Higgins.

Player Comp- Tee Higgins

3.) Ahkeem Mesidore DE/DT Miami- Can play DE on Run Downs and kicks inside on passing downs. Long Arms but short stature might be closer to 6-1 then his listed height of 6-3.

Role- Nickel DT

Player comp- Osa Odighizuwa DT Cowboys

4.) Ladd Mcconkey WR Georgia- Slot WR with deep speed, Return ability, special teams ability, and willing run Blocker.

Role- 4th/5th WR

Player Comb- Julian Edelman

5.) William Shipley RB Clemson- speedy RB who has the ability to factor in the passing game.

Role- third down back

Comparison- Rex Burkhead
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 12:09 AM)J24 Wrote: I have 5 guys that come April that Zac and Duke would love to draft. Feel free to add more!

1.) Cooper Dejean S/CB/NB Iowa- can play all 5 spots in the secondary (currently a starting CB), willing in run stopper, leadership qualities, all around athlete, and amazing Ball skills(giggidy). He had 5 Interceptions and he returned 3 for TDS.

Role- He would slide into the deep Safety role and Hill would move to nickel back.

Player Comp- Jessie Bates/Minkah Fitzpatrick

2.)Orande Gadsden II TE/WR Syracuse- A WR TE Hybrid that has 6-5  size, huge catch radius, and will be under 21 come draft day.

Role- Developmental type player with long term aspirations of filling in for Tee Higgins.

Player Comp- Tee Higgins

3.) Ahkeem Mesidore DE/DT Miami- Can play DE on Run Downs and kicks inside on passing downs. Long Arms but short stature might be closer to 6-1 then his listed height of 6-3.

Role- Nickel DT

Player comp- Osa Odighizuwa DT Cowboys

4.) Ladd Mcconkey WR Georgia- Slot WR with deep speed, Return ability, special teams ability, and willing run Blocker.

Role- 4th/5th WR

Player Comb- Julian Edelman

5.) William Shipley RB Clemson- speedy RB who has the ability to factor in the passing game.

Role- third down back

Comparison- Rex Burkhead

So you're going to get a brand new safety after the Bengals have just drafted two guys in back-to-back years? Let's see if Hill and Battle actually can be something before looking for a new safety.
If you're wanting to prep for someone to take over nickel CB after Hilton departs, why not just select a CB to groom behind Hilton for a year? Why bump Hill to a new position in his 3rd year? Do you think Hill won't succeed at safety? If so, why not?

As for the others, they sound fine for the roles you mentioned. Which ones are team captains? Taylor likes team captains.

I'd like a long-term starting-caliber TE who could come in immediately if Irv Smith leaves in FA after this year or is just not good.
I'd really like a TE who gets 500+ yards. Bengals haven't had a TE achieve that since Eifert and Gresham. Not saying the Bengals HAVE to spend a 1st rounder on a TE, but the 1st rounders in Eifert and Gresham have arguably been the best receiving TEs in team history for the past two decades.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: So you're going to get a brand new safety after the Bengals have just drafted two guys in back-to-back years? Let's see if Hill and Battle actually can be something before looking for a new safety.
If you're wanting to prep for someone to take over nickel CB after Hilton departs, why not just select a CB to groom behind Hilton for a year? Why bump Hill to a new position in his 3rd year? Do you think Hill won't succeed at safety? If so, why not?

As for the others, they sound fine for the roles you mentioned. Which ones are team captains? Taylor likes team captains.

I'd like a long-term starting-caliber TE who could come in immediately if Irv Smith leaves in FA after this year or is just not good.
I'd really like a TE who gets 500+ yards. Bengals haven't had a TE achieve that since Eifert and Gresham. Not saying the Bengals HAVE to spend a 1st rounder on a TE, but the 1st rounders in Eifert and Gresham have arguably been the best receiving TEs in team history for the past two decades.

Hill is more of a Nickleback/ Box safety who while has the ability to play deep Safety it really isn't his strength.  I would rather have him man up Slot Wrs and TEs. Also he is a really good run  defender.

Cooper also has position versatility where he had had experience playing all three CB positions. So you can very well pencil him in as NB if that makes you more comfortable.

The kid is a special player and has the ability to be a perinatal pro bowler/All Pro type player. If the Bengals were to draft him it wouldn't be a knock on Hill or Battle. 
J24

Reply/Quote
Unless one of the young members of the secondary has some sort of catastrophic, career ending type of injury or something, I don't think the Bengals will be drafting a CB or S in the early rounds next year.

I'd put my money on interior DL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 01:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Hill is more of a Nickleback/ Box safety who while has the ability to play deep Safety it really isn't his strength.  I would rather have him man up Slot Wrs and TEs. Also he is a really good run  defender.

Cooper also has position versatility where he had had experience playing all three CB positions. So you can very well pencil him in as NB if that makes you more comfortable.

The kid is a special player and has the ability to be a perinatal pro bowler/All Pro type player. If the Bengals were to draft him it wouldn't be a knock on Hill or Battle. 

Again, let's give him a chance before writing him off. I don't think the Bengals would have bothered drafting Hill to be a box safety and continuing to play him at safety but also draft Battle, who is not a rangy FS type. Out of the two, Hill is someone who is better equipped to handle single high safeties duties over Battle.

Maybe after this year, we can know better if Hill can hang as a safety or needs to move to CB, but we know he's not getting moved to CB this year. Let's wait and see how this year goes before wanting yet another safety.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 01:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Again, let's give him a chance before writing him off. I don't think the Bengals would have bothered drafting Hill to be a box safety and continuing to play him at safety but also draft Battle, who is not a rangy FS type. Out of the two, Hill is someone who is better equipped to handle single high safeties duties over Battle.

Maybe after this year, we can know better if Hill can hang as a safety or needs to move to CB, but we know he's not getting moved to CB this year. Let's wait and see how this year goes before wanting yet another safety.

Exactly, the Bengals wouldn't have spent a first round pick on Hill, and then confidently let both Bates and Bell walk out of the building if they didn't have confidence in the player they believe Hill to be.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 01:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Again, let's give him a chance before writing him off. I don't think the Bengals would have bothered drafting Hill to be a box safety and continuing to play him at safety but also draft Battle, who is not a rangy FS type. Out of the two, Hill is someone who is better equipped to handle single high safeties duties over Battle.

How I'm writing him off? You act like I said bench the guy instead he would still be a starter at his natural position. 

Also this isn't a mock draft it a series of prospects that i feel the Bengals would like come draft time. I stand 100% that the Bengals would love Dejean as a prospect. What Position he would play at might be a different story. 

Hypothetically  if the Bengals were to draft Dejean it wouldn't really  derail either Battle or Hill. You can easily fit all three into the defense. The guy that would be derailed would be Hilton who will 30 next season. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 05:06 PM)J24 Wrote: How I'm writing him off? You act like I said bench the guy instead he would still be a starter at his natural position. 

Also this isn't a mock draft it a series of prospects that i feel the Bengals would like come draft time. I stand 100% that the Bengals would love Dejean as a prospect. What Position he would play at might be a different story. 

Hypothetically  if the Bengals were to draft Dejean it wouldn't really  derail either Battle or Hill. You can easily fit all three into the defense. The guy that would be derailed would be Hilton who will 30 next season. 

Why is nickel CB his natural position instead of FS?
He's been working at FS last year and now this year.
Moving him to nickel CB feels like you're giving up on him at FS before even seeing how he really is there.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 06:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why is nickel CB his natural position instead of FS?
He's been working at FS last year and now this year.
Moving him to nickel CB feels like you're giving up on him at FS before even seeing how he really is there.

He was a nickel CB in college. Also from most reports he has been playing in the box and at nickel during training camp.

Do I think Hill will be fine at deep Safety but I also do not think it's a place he will thrive 
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 07:02 PM)J24 Wrote: He was a nickel CB in college. Also from most reports he has been playing in the box and at nickel during training camp.

Do I think Hill will be fine at deep Safety but I also do not think it's a place he will thrive 

Hill played nickel CB some, sure. But it wasn't all he played.
He has the range to be a potential pro bowl caliber safety.
He's at his best keeping the action in front of him and attacking downfield.
There's some worry that while he's fluid and fast, he's not very sticky as a CB, which might cause some problems playing DB.

I still stand by I'd like to see how he does at safety before taking yet another safety and moving him to nickel.

Heck, you can still move him to nickel and just play Battle and Scott at safety if you wanted.

Talking about drafting a new safety yet again just feels too premature in my book.
If you wanted to sell me on drafting a new nickel CB on Day 2 who can groom behind Hilton for a year, I'd buy that more.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hill played nickel CB some, sure. But it wasn't all he played.
He has the range to be a potential pro bowl caliber safety.
He's at his best keeping the action in front of him and attacking downfield.
There's some worry that while he's fluid and fast, he's not very sticky as a CB, which might cause some problems playing DB.

I still stand by I'd like to see how he does at safety before taking yet another safety and moving him to nickel.

Heck, you can still move him to nickel and just play Battle and Scott at safety if you wanted.

Talking about drafting a new safety yet again just feels too premature in my book.
If you wanted to sell me on drafting a new nickel CB on Day 2 who can groom behind Hilton for a year, I'd buy that more.
Have you even looked into Dejean as a prospect though? Dude  can be a legit stud at the next level and give this team a legit Ball Hawk. 

Also this isn't a mock draft this is just a list of prospects  I think that the FO would like. Dejean checks every box that Duke likes in DBs.
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 03:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Have you even looked into Dejean as a prospect though? Dude  can be a legit stud at the next level and give this team a legit Ball Hawk. 

Also this isn't a mock draft this is just a list of prospects  I think that the FO would like. Dejean checks every box that Duke likes in DBs.

My bad.
Because you did a numbered list, I assumed you were doing it in a round-style draft.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Adding two more guys to this list.

1.) Sébastien Castro NB Iowa- he is physical in the run game, great blitzer, and is a ball hawk. Think a slightly bigger Mike Hilton.

2.) Ricky Pearsall WR Florida- Reminds me of the Puka kid from the Rams. I think he would fit perfectly in Zacs system.
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 07:02 PM)J24 Wrote: He was a nickel CB in college. Also from most reports he has been playing in the box and at nickel during training camp.

He played multiple positions in college.  His diversity is one of the reasons he was drafted so high.  You're pidgeon holing him to justfy your argument and poorly I might add.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 05:06 PM)J24 Wrote: How I'm writing him off? You act like I said bench the guy instead he would still be a starter at his natural position. 

If im drafting for Bengals next yr it would be HEAVY on trenches (OL and DL) and hopefully land a very good Edge in FA and a RB. 
AND FOR GOD SAKE AN ABOVE AVERAGE TE !! via draft of FA. 
Reply/Quote
DeJean will likely be long gone by the time we pick. He is a top 15 guy.

I think this is a draft year for the trenches.

1) OT. Jonah is a FA and the OT class is extremely deep. Nada depth.
2) NT. Readee is a FA and Tupou/Tufele are replacement level at best.
3) DT. Hill is marginally above replacement level and no leap from Carter yet.
4) IOL. Volson is worse and our depth is mediocre (Scharping) or worse (Hill, Ford).
----------
5) WR. Depending on what heppens with Tee & Boyd.
6) TE. Smith has not been good.
-----------
7) CB depth. Chido a FA. Hilton last year is next.
8) RB.
9) LB depth.
10) S. Depending on how Battle looks.
11) DE
12) QB.
Reply/Quote