Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals underdogs vs Bears?
(09-13-2021, 06:52 PM)jason Wrote: Wasn't he already benched for Fields last night? I didn't watch the game, but I glanced up and saw Justin Fields on the field.

Anyway... Being the home team gets you 3 in Vegas. This game is essentially a pick em.

No. He had a few packages.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No. He had a few packages.

Gotcha...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No. He had a few packages.

You like lookin' at Fields' packages, do ya? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:52 PM)jason Wrote: Wasn't he already benched for Fields last night? I didn't watch the game, but I glanced up and saw Justin Fields on the field.

Anyway... Being the home team gets you 3 in Vegas (as I just now saw you pointed out). This game is essentially a pick em

No they brought Justin Fields in for a couple plays in the red zone. But that doesn't mean he won't be the starter next week or get even more plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:20 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals are gonna completely destroy Andy Freaking Dalton

(09-13-2021, 05:55 PM)Tony Wrote: I just hope it's Andy Dalton for most of the game

Just a reminder that they Bengals played Andy Dalton last year and Dalton had a bad OL that year too.

The Bengals lost 30-7.

I think the Bengals have a good chance at winning this game, but it seems awfully foolish to learn absolutely nothing from less than a year ago.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No reason the Bears shouldn’t be favored at home. They get three for being home and 6 for Zac. So player wise they think the Bengals are six points better.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Its a matchup of two potentially bad teams and we are not at home this time. Seems fair enough.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fun fact. Almost 29 years to the day 9/20/92, we played a NFC North team who was starting a QB on a one year contract. We knocked that QB out of the game and in came a QB named Brett that many mispronounced his last name. That dude came back, beat us, ans started every game for that team for the following 15 years.

Here's to Andy staying healthy...

I remember that game. We were up by 12 or so with like 9 minutes to go or something ? And I believe we were 2-0 going in . Fav Ray did 2 touchdown drives like it was nothing. We lost and went on to lose like 5 of the next 6. 

Fav Ray took all the wind out of our sails in no time.

I feel we have a good shot vs Bears though.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fun fact. Almost 29 years to the day 9/20/92, we played a NFC North team who was starting a QB on a one year contract. We knocked that QB out of the game and in came a QB named Brett that many mispronounced his last name. That dude came back, beat us, ans started every game for that team for the following 15 years.

Here's to Andy staying healthy...

I'm sitting here trying to think what Bears QB started 15 years much less one named Brett then I realized you were talking about the Packers.
Reply/Quote
This is just indicative of how little respect there is for this Bengals organization.And rightly so.They have to earn it.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 08:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just a reminder that they Bengals played Andy Dalton last year and Dalton had a bad OL that year too.

The Bengals lost 30-7.

I think the Bengals have a good chance at winning this game, but it seems awfully foolish to learn absolutely nothing from less than a year ago.
Ya with no Burrow or Mixon,  the Best WR corp in football and Zeke... Not even close to the same..
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bears aren’t trash. They’re sort of like the nfc version of the Steelers currently, but with a weaker oline

Rams are just the most complete team in the NFC

Expect to see them in the nfc championship

No dude. Just no
Reply/Quote
This is a winnable game. The Vikings and Bears are similar in terms of where they will end up in the standings.

Bears defense is pretty good. Good defensive line. They generate some good pressure, which will test our pass pro.

The Bears run game with Montgomery is legit. He picked up where he left off late last season.

I think we can definitely win if we can get some explosive plays and play with a lead. But the Bears have a good run D. They moved the ball well passing and rushing against a very good Rams defense. We'll need to play well to beat them.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 10:56 PM)N_B Wrote: No dude. Just no

No to what?

The bears have a great defense. This is factual.

Their offense is bad, yes. But that defense is dangerous
Reply/Quote
I don’t consider them a pushover by any means. David Montgomery is a very tough back to stop. He was productive vs The Rams yesterday who are a ***** to gain yards against. I still like our chances, but we are going to have to do more than narrowly win our first game in overtime to get “respect.”
Reply/Quote
I can see Lou Anarumo putting in some run.blitzes.
He is going.to.do what teams did to.the Bengals when Andy
Was under center 2 years ago. Load the box and stop.Mixon.
I cant see AD beating this defense.
Play Cover 2 and Andy will be exposed
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:34 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Given your post history the Bengals should be underdogs to some NCAA teams LOL

He wanted to bench Joe Burrow for Brandon Allen yesterday and now he’s mad we’re a 3 point underdog on the road. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:20 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals are gonna completely destroy Andy Freaking Dalton.. I'm just hoping they don't start fields. We all know how the Bengals do against first game rookie / unknown QBs..

I will say this about Fields:  That guy has crazy athleticism and can burn you with his legs but one thing he has done wrong for some time is that he stares down his receivers.  I think when he comes in, and they give him the chance to throw, that Bates will get an INT if it is more than a 5 yard pass.  

As far as Dalton goes, he doesn't have a great line around him nor is his offense flooded with weapons.  Watching the game against the Rams (tough draw week 1...opening that new stadium), he threw a LOT of short passes where his receiver (or back) would only get about 7 yards a completion, but he was getting the ball out very quickly and was accurate.  Can't offer a cushion or he will just nickel and dime you to death.  

They were in that game until the 4th quarter.  
Reply/Quote
We just need "Bad Andy" to make one more appearance.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We just need "Bad Andy" to make one more appearance.

You saying this team can't beat "Good Andy?"
Reply/Quote