Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals "unknowns" going into '16.
(07-18-2016, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They didn't call you "negative" because of one post. They called you negative because you say the same thing about almost every player on our roster.

And even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Okay, Crooked Fred. Ban Fred, Make the Bengals Board great again!
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 03:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ...starts packing his bags because he's going to be cut?  ZING!

Hoping this is sarcasm bc he is more likely that not to make the roster
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2016, 05:14 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Hoping this is sarcasm bc he is more likely that not to make the roster

Man I like the kid but people really need to temper their expectations for him and many of our young guys.

He has a good shot at making it if he plays well, but I wouldn't exactly say he has a better chance of making it than not. We usually keep 6 WR's. Aj, LaFell, and Boyd are locks, and unfortunately Tate all probably makes it as well. That leaves 2 spots for Alford, wright, core, and Kumerow along with all other undrafted WR's.The bengals spent draft picks on all the other guys, and drafted Alford when Kumerow was still available. Like it or not they have more invested in the other players. Also remember Kumerow wasn't playing against great competition in college, and has only had one year on an NFL practice squad. He could certainly make the 53 but could just as easily miss it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2016, 12:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Man I like the kid but people really need to temper their expectations for him and many of our young guys.

He has a good shot at making it if he plays well, but I wouldn't exactly say he has a better chance of making it than not. We usually keep 6 WR's. Aj, LaFell, and Boyd are locks, and unfortunately Tate all probably makes it as well. That leaves 2 spots for Alford, wright, core, and Kumerow along with all other undrafted WR's.The bengals spent draft picks on all the other guys, and drafted Alford when Kumerow was still available. Like it or not they have more invested in the other players. Also remember Kumerow wasn't playing against great competition in college, and has only had one year on an NFL practice squad. He could certainly make the 53 but could just as easily miss it
While I agree with everything you are saying first off ill take a guy who catches everything thrown his way granted without pads over a guy who seems to drop everything in Alford. I'm in love with core I think he's another Marvin jones I think lafell does solid this year but core impresses and we will have Boyd core and green as our starting three next year but anyways getting off topi then we have wright coming off microfracture surgery I liked how he looked in Tampa bay game but you never know how that shakes out. Obviously he won't start above lafell and Boyd but I would put him in front of Boyd in the red zone think about it every reciever would be over 6"3 205 pounds matchup nightmares across the board
Reply/Quote