Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals use Eifert's 5th year option

Reply/Quote
Probably the best way to go, get it out of the way and still keep extension talks on the table after this year provided his production is similar.
Reply/Quote
No surprise, hope he can play a full year next year.

Pretty sure could've had around 700-800 yards if not injured and more than 16 TDs.

Funny how everyone laughed at me in my fantasy league when I drafted Eifert in the 7-8th round over people like Kelce, Jimmy Graham, etc.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
No surprise here. I still expect the team to try and get an extension put together during camp.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 04:01 PM)milksheikh Wrote: No surprise, hope he can play a full year next year.

Pretty sure could've had around 700-800 yards if not injured and more than 16 TDs.

Funny how everyone laughed at me in my fantasy league when I drafted Eifert in the 7-8th round over people like Kelce, Jimmy Graham, etc.

I drafted Tebow in my fantasy league with the very last pick. Then consequently dropped him for Eifert directly after the draft. Maybe the best FF move i've ever made lol
Reply/Quote
Easy decision.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 04:57 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Easy decision.

Yep very easy, still nice to have it official. He's earned the money too, not like Kirk where we want to keep him but aren't ready to commit long term. I really like this 5th year option thing, works out well for us
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 04:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I drafted Tebow in my fantasy league with the very last pick. Then consequently dropped him for Eifert directly after the draft. Maybe the best FF move i've ever made lol

It's always nice in fantasy football that the bengals are such a small market/don't get the media exposure other teams do. I'm always able to grab a Bengal or 2 late or undrafted that I know will be a steal 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 04:01 PM)milksheikh Wrote: No surprise, hope he can play a full year next year.

That's kind of a silly game to play, seeing as how all TEs would put up better stats if they didn't get injured, and there's a lot that get injured.

That said, I actually generally try to not draft Bengals players in FF even though I am a big fan. Marvin will never allow his team to destroy teams enough to make them great in FF. Dalton will never get 4,500+ yards/40+ TD, Green will never get 1,600+ yards, and the Bengals have RB By Committee. All generally leads to some letdowns. (Though I didn't listen to my own advice and made Hill my keeper for 2015, which I regretted for 17 long weeks.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good move, i am happy bout it.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 05:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's kind of a silly game to play, seeing as how all TEs would put up better stats if they didn't get injured, and there's a lot that get injured.

That said, I actually generally try to not draft Bengals players in FF even though I am a big fan. Marvin will never allow his team to destroy teams enough to make them great in FF. Dalton will never get 4,500+ yards/40+ TD, Green will never get 1,600+ yards, and the Bengals have RB By Committee. All generally leads to some letdowns. (Though I didn't listen to my own advice and made Hill my keeper for 2015, which I regretted for 17 long weeks.)

And yet Dalton was the leading FF player for a bit last season.

I disagree on Dalton, he is a very good Fantasy option, he just spreads the ball around so much that 1 player will not be, even Green.

Eifert for his Redzone ability is great as well if he wouldn't be injured as much. Eifert just doesn't get that many catches or yards.

But TD's is the big deal anyways in FF in the end.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 06:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good move, i am happy bout it.

Yeah, only real logical move to make with him right now.

$7m-ish for one more year of control is a pretty nice deal considering some of the ridiculous TE contracts that were given out this offseason.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And yet Dalton was the leading FF player for a bit last season.

I disagree on Dalton, he is a very good Fantasy option, he just spreads the ball around so much that 1 player will not be, even Green.

Eifert for his Redzone ability is great as well if he wouldn't be injured as much. Eifert just doesn't get that many catches or yards.

But TD's is the big deal anyways in FF in the end.

The league I play in gives bonus points for reaching X number of yards per position, I think it was 250 passing yards for QBs to get a bonus 3pts (passing TDs are 4pts), and Dalton failed to reach it in 7 of his 12 full starts. So it really hurt because the team loves to go into their passive shutdown offense in the second half where they just run it a bunch of times and punt it, not letting Dalton get the kind of passing yards other QBs would.

Don't get me wrong, he's a solid fantasy option, but I don't think he'll ever be able to get into the elite tier of fantasy QBs because of Marvin.

Reply/Quote
Funny that I grabbed Eifert off waivers in like the 3rd or 4th week into the season. Everyone else in that league went for players almost strictly for their previous seasons which made winning my league easy peesy.. I hope the same thing happens again next year although I kind of doubt Eifert will be just sitting out there on waivers again..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 06:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, only real logical move to make with him right now.

$7m-ish for one more year of control is a pretty nice deal considering some of the ridiculous TE contracts that were given out this offseason.

For sure, i wouldn't even offer him a deal this year now unless he wants to take a lower tier deal which he won't.

This gives the FO some lee-way in case Eifert gets injured again.

BTW i don't think he is injury prone but that is something the FO should use anyway, just smart bidness.

(04-13-2016, 06:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The league I play in gives bonus points for reaching X number of yards per position, I think it was 250 passing yards for QBs to get a bonus 3pts (passing TDs are 4pts), and Dalton failed to reach it in 7 of his 12 full starts. So it really hurt because the team loves to go into their passive shutdown offense in the second half where they just run it a bunch of times and punt it, not letting Dalton get the kind of passing yards other QBs would.

Don't get me wrong, he's a solid fantasy option, but I don't think he'll ever be able to get into the elite tier of fantasy QBs because of Marvin.

Ahhh, that is much different than the leagues i have played in.

Makes sense now. That is true about Marv, he hardly ever has just stepped on team's throats once we are up big.

Too bad, i would like to see it once in awhile especially with some teams i really don't like. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 08:23 PM)grampahol Wrote: Funny that I grabbed Eifert off waivers in like the 3rd or 4th week into the season. Everyone else in that league went for players almost strictly for their previous seasons which made winning my league easy peesy..  I hope the same thing happens again next year although I kind of doubt Eifert will be just sitting out there on waivers again..

Sheesh, lucky... in what, an 8 team league? I play in a 14, so the waiver wire is always crazy bare. Only way to get good players is to pick up backups when starters are injured.

Reply/Quote
No brainer....
Reply/Quote

I took Eifert in the double-digit rounds in most of my leagues. Was a big steal.

He should go within the first four rounds this upcoming draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't see this as a "no brainer" at all. In fact it doesn't seem like a very smart move at all to me.

Why not wait until nest year to take the extension? What if Eifert misses a bunch of games with injury again in '16.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see this as a "no brainer" at all.  In fact it doesn't seem like a very smart move at all to me.

Why not wait until nest year to take the extension?  What if Eifert misses a bunch of games with injury again in '16.

Teams only have from the end of a players 3rd season until early May (May 2nd this year) to pick up the 5th year option. Also extensions aren't guaranteed until the start of the 5th season. So there is no reason not to, do you argue just for the hell of it?
Reply/Quote