Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals v Bills history
Overall Buffalo leads the series 16-15.  It looks close, but it has been a series of streaks.  From 1981-88 the Bengals won 7 of 8 including 2 playoff games, but after the 1988 AFC Championship game the Bengals did not beat the Bills for 21 years losing ten straight.

The last of those 10 straight was one of the worst home performances I have ever seen from the Bengals (and that is saying a lot).  The '10 Bills would only win 4 games and finish with the #28 offense in the league, but after trailing 31-14 at halftime they outscored the Bengals 35-0 in the second half rolling up 449 yards of offense for the game.

Since that game the Bengals have won 4 of 5.

Single game Bengals records v Bills
Rushing yards......141, Harold Green '91
Receiving yards....189, A J Green '17
Receptions...…….… 10, Cris Collinsworth '81
Passing yards...….447, Ken Anderson '75 (epic Monday night duel where O J Simpson had 218 yards and 2 tds)
Passer rating...…..140.6, Ken Anderson '84

In 2017 the Bengals only victory against a playoff team was 20-16 over the Bills.
Reply/Quote
Whenever I think of Bills v. Bengals history I think of 2 things:

Marv Levy whining about the No-huddle the year before he copied it.

Chad Johnson leaving in a ambulance.

F-Buffalo
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
88/89 AFCCG was probably my best moment as a Bengal fan.. The build up was amazing. Like Bfine said, Levy was crying about the no huddle should be illegal. The Bills defensive front 7 was amazing, but so was our oline. The Ickey Shuffle had swept the nation. Good ole days boys, the good ole days.

A lot of my family had moved to Florida the year before. We'd all get together on Sundays and try our hardest to make homemade Skyline and root for the Bengals. That year they really delivered. They showed up and played their butts off, minus one road game to the hated rival Oilers who they had shalacked earlier in the year. Undefeated at home and The Jungle was considered one of the toughest places to play in the league. My Bengals on the big stage grinded the Bills vaunted front 7.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2019, 07:46 AM)bonesaw Wrote: 88/89 AFCCG was probably my best moment as a Bengal fan.. The build up was amazing.  Like Bfine said, Levy was crying about the no huddle should be illegal.  The Bills defensive front 7 was amazing, but so was our oline.  The Ickey Shuffle had swept the nation.  Good ole days boys, the good ole days.

A lot of my family had moved to Florida the year before.  We'd all get together on Sundays and try our hardest to make homemade Skyline and root for the Bengals.  That year they really delivered.  They showed up and played their butts off, minus one road game to the hated rival Oilers who they had shalacked earlier in the year.  Undefeated at home and The Jungle was considered one of the toughest places to play in the league.  My Bengals on the big stage grinded the Bills vaunted front 7.

Neither team could throw the ball, but we stuffed their rushing game and ran the ball down their throats.

Boomer won the MVP that year (deservedly so), but our running game was #1 in the league and carried us in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whenever I think of Bills v. Bengals history I think of 2 things:

Marv Levy whining about the No-huddle the year before he copied it.

Chad Johnson leaving in a ambulance.

F-Buffalo

I think of them being gifted their last playoff appearance by Andy Dalton.

You're welcome Buffalo, and **** you.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote