Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals v Chiefs past games.
(09-30-2015, 02:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You can blame my parents on that one.

Kids root for winners, I was a Rams fan, and Tom Brady broke my heart.

Haha my dad gave me no choice. We were Bengals fans. I also give my kids no choice in the matter.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 08:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dear lord you mean you missed the 90's lol. That was the true test of fandom.   But we lifers did get 1988 and 1981.

The 80s were nice. Although I learned to loath the 49ers.

Growing up, my whole family were Browns fans. Of course, can't particularly blame them since that was the only pro football team in Ohio at the time. When the Bengals were started it was Paul Brown, who was already famous in the state from his time with the Browns and Ohio State.

The start of the Bengals a few years later started to slowly taking away fans from the Browns. Two SB appearances in the 1980's while the Browns languished were just egg in Modell's face. :)

One of my aunts was down here to Florida (she comes down every winter now and is still a Browns fan). To her Arte Modell resides in a fiery place where there are no exits allowed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
bump for 2021
Reply/Quote
I've been to all of them since 03. The 03 game was really an incredible day and one of my favorite times as a Bengal fan. I recall Marvin the week before in a post game locker room speech saying something to the effect of "You have earned the right to play the Chiefs!". I feel like Sunday's game has the same feeling. This team has earned a chance to see how they measure up vs the best in the conference.
Reply/Quote
Always fun to see the names that pop up in an old thread like this. Oh, Killachubs, we hardly knew ye.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I do because of former Vol Eric Berry.

Great player and a high class person.  Even before the cancer thing came up.

And for some reason a lot of Vols are/have played for the Chief recently

The Chiefs in 1982...I recall drafted a playmaker
From UT named Anthony Hancock who was recruited
Out of Cleveland Ohio via John Hay High School
He played RB in HS.
Hancock was a great great WR at UT in a era where
Jimmy Streeter and Alan Cockrell maybe threw
The ball 20 times a game .in todays game he could catch 8 passes a game. 
Hancock played with Willie Gault, and Reggie White
Among other greats. 
But back to Hancock. He played with Stephone Paige
Carlos Carson in a fun offense at Arrowhead
Reply/Quote