Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Bengals v Dolphins history
Bengals have last the last 2 games against Miami.  Dolphins have the third highest winning percentage against the Bengals (.708).  At one point we went 27 years without beating them (0-9 from '77 t0 '04) and are just 7-17 overall.  However we have won the last 2 home games ('16, '18)

-In 2016 a 6-win Bengals team beat a 10-win Dolphins team by 15 points (22-7)  The only other time we beat a Miami team that finished with a winning record was in '77 when the 8-6 Bengals beat the 10-4 Dolphins.

-This will be the third time in our last six meetings that we play on Thursday night. ('13, '16)

-Two of our previous 5 meetings have gone to overtime ('13, '19).  We lost both.

Individual records.

Passing yds......396, Andy Dalton, 12-22-19 (Bengals make biggest 4th quarter comeback in team history (23 points) behind 3 Dalton td passes, but lose in overtime)
Passing tds.......4, Dalton, 12-22-19
Pass rating.......121.4, Carson Palmer, 12-30-07

Rush yds.........134, Paul Robinson, 11-17-68 (Robinson leads AFL in rushing [1023 yds] as rookie in Bengals inaugural season.  Never rushes for over 650 yards in a season for the rest of his career)
Rush td...........  3, Paul Robinson, 11-17-68

Receptions....... 11, A.J. Green, 10-31-13 (Classic Bengals prime time flop.  Dalton throws 3 ints for 6-2 Bengals and is sacked for safety in overtime to lose to 3-4 Dolphins)
Rec yds...........173, A.J. Green, 9-29-16
Rec td.............  3, Carl Pickens, 10-1-95 (11 point underdog Bengals lose to playoff bound Dolphins 26-23 on Marino TD pass with just 1:03 left in game)
Reply/Quote
bump
Reply/Quote
I remember the ‘13 one for sure. Halloween night and safety in OT. Might also have been the game Gino was hurt .

‘19 is the only time I’ve rooted for the Bengals to lose.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: ‘19 is the only time I’ve rooted for the Bengals to lose.

And Dalton had probably the greatest 4th quarter in Bengal history.  190 passing yards, 3 passing tds, 1 passing 2P, 1 rushing 2P

Good thing he disappeared in OT.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I remember the ‘13 one for sure. Halloween night and safety in OT. Might also have been the game Gino was hurt .

Safety was a lot like the blitze Joe hit Boyd on except I think if Dalton let it go and got it to Marvin Jones he just runs untouched for a TD. I also remember a helmet to helmet on Sanu that wasn't called and led to a pick on what looked to be a scoring drive.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And Dalton had probably the greatest 4th quarter in Bengal history.  190 passing yards, 3 passing tds, 1 passing 2P, 1 rushing 2P

Good thing he disappeared in OT.

Almost lost Burrow in that game.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I remember the ‘13 one for sure. Halloween night and safety in OT. Might also have been the game Gino was hurt .

I remember that night very well. Wore my authentic Atkins jersey taking the kids trick or treating. Night ended up sucking. Never wore that jersey again.
Reply/Quote
Reminder there was some of you who wanted the Bengals to win that 2019 game.... what a disaster that would of turned out to be.

Bengals could still be stuck with the corpse of Andy Dalton or perhaps we are all Trevor Lawrence fans in another lifetime.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:55 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Reminder there was some of you who wanted the Bengals to win that 2019 game.... what a disaster that would of turned out to be.

Bengals could still be stuck with the corpse of Andy Dalton or perhaps we are all Trevor Lawrence fans in another lifetime.

At least Trevor Lawrence is looking better. What a turd Urban Meyer is.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:55 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Reminder there was some of you who wanted the Bengals to win that 2019 game.... what a disaster that would of turned out to be.

Would have been Herbert or Tua I imagine.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

It was precarious position to be in.  We knew what (likely) was at stake with the pick, and yet they were fighting and scrapping so hard it was difficult to cheer against them.  In the moment I was of two minds on the outcome, and I imagine a lot of others here were too.   

Here's hoping we're never in that position again.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

It wouldn't have been a disaster, knowing what we know now. We would have all been frustrated because it meant no Burrow, but Cincinnati would have ended up with Herbert, most likely. There were pre-draft questions around him, but he has turned out great. In the end, we would all be happy but we may not have ended up with Chase unless Herbert got hurt, too. 
Reply/Quote
Isnt the Dolphins the Team that was on their way to 0-16 till we stepped in Forget the year
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It wouldn't have been a disaster, knowing what we know now. We would have all been frustrated because it meant no Burrow, but Cincinnati would have ended up with Herbert, most likely. There were pre-draft questions around him, but he has turned out great. In the end, we would all be happy but we may not have ended up with Chase unless Herbert got hurt, too. 

True I forgot about the other QB's in the draft class LOL.... for some reason my mind skipped to the next year. 

However Chase Young was still on the mind for a lot of fans... but I can agree I think the new coaching staff was dead set on a new QB
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote