Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals v Giants history.
Giants are one of only 3 teams that the Bengals have at least .667 winning percentage against, but we have only played them 9 times (6-3). Home team has won EVERY game in the series.

Notable games.....

'85....Weak Bengals team (7-9) is held to less than 200 yards in offense while allowing Phil Sims to pass for 513. But Cincy gets four turnovers (including an int ret td) and a 35-30 upset win against a Giants team that would finish 10-6 and beat the Forty-niners in the playoffs.

'12....Through the first 9 weeks of the season the Bengals looked dead at 3-5 while only 3 teams had a better record than the defending Super Bowl Champion Giants 6-3. Bengals explode out of the gate (Dalton to Green 56 yd td,....Adam Jones 68 yd PR.....Dalton to Hawkins td) and are up 14 in just four-and-a-half minutes. Giants never get closer than 11 points as Bengals cruise to 31-13 victory. Most importantly this was the first win in a 7-1 finish that would take the Bengals from dead (3-5) to the playoffs (10-6).
Reply/Quote
Went to last game they played against each other. First time I saw monkeys riding on dogs. It was a great time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When I think of us playing the Giants and I can't help but to remember that game against them back in '04. It was the day after Christmas and we won a close one, within a point or two. But, that was lost in the news of the day as we were just learning about that horrific tsunami that had hit Indonesia and killed hundreds of thousands.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Second time we've played in this stadium this year. Think it gives us any kind of boost, or makes the team more comfortable for this game ?
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will need to step it up. The Giants are gaining confidence and played well today.
Reply/Quote
Good stuff. I've been thinking about the 7-1 finish in 2012 and the big win over the Giants (Dalton threw 4 TDs), but I didn't really connect the 2. I seriously doubt we get another 7-1 finish. It's just not realistic...but I do think this team can win this weak division. We desperately need a W to keep pace though. I would bring up Marv's fantastic record vs the NFC, but it seems like that hasn't carried into this season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Giants are one of only 3 teams that the Bengals have at least .667 winning percentage against, but we have only played them 9 times (6-3).  Home team has won EVERY game in the series.

Notable games.....

'85....Weak Bengals team (7-9) is held to less than 200 yards in offense while allowing Phil Sims to pass for 513.  But Cincy gets four turnovers (including an int ret td) and a 35-30 upset win against a Giants team that would finish 10-6 and beat the Forty-niners in the playoffs.

'12....Through the first 9 weeks of the season the Bengals looked dead at 3-5 while only 3 teams had a better record than the defending Super Bowl Champion Giants 6-3.  Bengals explode out of the gate (Dalton to Green 56 yd td,....Adam Jones 68 yd PR.....Dalton to Hawkins td) and are up 14 in just four-and-a-half minutes.  Giants never get closer than 11 points as Bengals cruise to 31-13 victory. Most importantly this was the first win in a 7-1 finish that would take the Bengals from dead (3-5) to the playoffs (10-6).

How can you forget the 1991 game?? The 7-5 Giants coming off a Super Bowl win roll into Cincy on a 3 game winning streak against a horrible Bengals team that was 1-11. Giants lead 17-7 in the 3rd and then the Bengals come back thanks to a Mitchell Price punt return to win 27-24. The Giants never didn't recover and finished the year 8-8. Bengals finish 3-13.

Living in a family of Giants fans, it was quite a nice surprise to watch them win. All of my friends and family avoided me for a week (well, for years but that's another story).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote