Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson Said The Browns Will Win The Super Bowl
Quote:Browns Coach Hue Jackson knows what Browns fans have been through, and he knows external expectations for his team weren’t high even before last week’s 29-10 loss to the Eagles.

Jackson isn’t just promising better. He said during his press conference Wednesday that, eventually, the Browns will win a championship.

Like, an actual championship. He actually said it.

“I don’t know if there’s going to be a ton of struggle before there’s a ton of great times, but I don’t worry about people not being happy right now,” Jackson said. “I’m going to do the best job I can with our staff and these players and we’re going to keep working at it.

“My point is eventually they will love me because we’re going to win. We’re going to win a championship here for the Cleveland Browns.”

The Browns last avoided a last-place finish in 2010 and last had a winning record in 2007.

Jackson isn’t fazed by all that. He said he “didn’t come here to be average” and though he didn’t promise an instant turnaround, he’s not wavering from his belief.

“The fans might not like me for a while, but they’re going to love me here pretty soon,” he said. “That’s OK. Eventually they will love me. I promise you that, because I do plan on winning here and I do get it. I know with every loss there’s another dagger that drags you down another few feet deeper.

“That’s OK. I’ve been there before. I’m a fighter. We’re going to get back up and we’re going to keep swinging. We’re going to be fine.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/not-a-misprint-hue-jackson-says-browns-will-win-a-championship/#comments
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 07:51 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/not-a-misprint-hue-jackson-says-browns-will-win-a-championship/#comments

Someone plays the browns on madden>?
Reply/Quote
You gotta admire Hue's spirit. After the last game of the 2017 season, when he's been tossed out on his keyster and the stadium door locked behind him, he'll still be standing out on the sidewalk talking up the team.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 07:51 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/not-a-misprint-hue-jackson-says-browns-will-win-a-championship/#comments

Cocaine is a hell of a drug...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 08:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: You gotta admire Hue's spirit.  After the last game of the 2017 season, when he's been tossed out on his keyster and the stadium door locked behind him, he'll still be standing out on the sidewalk talking up the team.

he will be asking marvin for a job again....   maybe zimmer or gruden will take him in this time.
Reply/Quote
Raise your hand if you ever believed the Bengals would win a championship in the past 48 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 02:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Raise your hand if you ever believed the Bengals would win a championship in the past 48 years.

Twice, as a matter of fact.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 02:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Raise your hand if you ever believed the Bengals would win a championship in the past 48 years.

Yep.  Many years past the '81 and '88 teams, folks (on the old board) thought we would in 2005, and maybe again in 2009.  Many probably thought we had a championship in our grasp three or so of the last five seasons.  There were endless discussions each of these past five Januarys of how it was finally our year. And, none of those times did we even come anywhere close.  

Should he come out and just admit "We're doomed" and shuffle off like Eeyore?  I mean, anyone with any football acumen knows they won't do shit this year.  No, he's the HC, and it's his job to provide hope and help sell tickets, no matter how ****** they are.  It's all they've got up there.  So, I can cut the guy some slack.  He's the captain of the Titanic, but dammit, he's staying on the bridge.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote