Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals v. Steelers Must See TV
Bengal fan here.

Love to read all the smack and very rarely reply within this forum. Aside from the Bengals not winning any of these games the last couple of years I have to say the games between these 2 teams are generally must see tv. I hate to see anybody get hurt, especially to the level of Shazier's injury, but these 2 teams when they play each other play the game the way it's supposed to be played: very physical, great athletes, we used to call these games "slobber knockers".

The current NFL is missing this type of action on a weekly basis. It's what made me love the game so much. Today's game for the most part is not the same football I grew up with and it's really starting to turn me off, save for a few games a year, generally AFC North games, and maybe the occasional Bears/Packers game (but even still they don't hold a candle to the AFC North).

Not a big Steelers fan but do respect how they play, and how the Bengals generally play against them. Look for another prime time game in 2018. The NFL loves it too, although Godell and his goons would never admit to it. If sedate Marvin finally gets shown the door maybe we'll start winning some of these games again!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 01:12 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Bengal fan here.

Love to read all the smack and very rarely reply within this forum.  Aside from the Bengals not winning any of these games the last couple of years I have to say the games between these 2 teams are generally must see tv.  I hate to see anybody get hurt, especially to the level of Shazier's injury, but these 2 teams when they play each other play the game the way it's supposed to be played:  very physical, great athletes, we used to call these games "slobber knockers".

The current NFL is missing this type of action on a weekly basis.  It's what made me love the game so much.  Today's game for the most part is not the same football I grew up with and it's really starting to turn me off, save for a few games a year, generally AFC North games, and maybe the occasional Bears/Packers game (but even still they don't hold a candle to the AFC North).

Not a big Steelers fan but do respect how they play, and how the Bengals generally play against them.  Look for another prime time game in 2018.  The NFL loves it too, although Godell and his goons would never admit to it.  If sedate Marvin finally gets shown the door maybe we'll start winning some of these games again!

My issue is the Shazier injury had nothing to do with anything a Bengal's player did, yet the talking heads use it as a reference comparing the cheap shot delivered by JuJU Schuster. The games next year will be interesting. Will Bengals be smart enough to send someone else after JuJu, Bell or AB to atone for the Burfict hit? Will the Bengals ignore the rants of karma by Brown walking off the field and then while JuJu was doing his fake apology?

You are correct, must see TV to see what happens in 2018. It has become more than just a football game, it has become very personal for fans and players.

As for Shazier, the dummy did it to himself trying one more time to use his head as a weapon so hard to feel any empathy or sympathy for a guy with a history of using the head as a weapon as he did in 2015 against Gio. No one wished it on him. Let's hope he can walk again and have a normal life outside of football maybe teaching others about his own stupidity and helping others avoid injury.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 01:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My issue is the Shazier injury had nothing to do with anything a Bengal's player did, yet the talking heads talk about as the reference the cheap shot delivered by JuJU Schuster. The games next year will be interesting. Will Bengals be smart enough to send someone else after JuJu, Bell or AB to atone for the Burfict hit? Will the Bengals ignore the rants of karma by Brown walking off the field and then while JuJu was doing his fake apology?

You are correct, must see TV to see what happens in 2018. It has become more than just a football game, it has become very personal for fans and players.

As for Shazier, the dummy did it to himself trying one more time to use his head as a weapon so hard to feel any empathy or sympathy for a guy with a history of using the head as a weapon as he did in 2015 against Gio. No one wished it on him. Let's hope he can walk again and have a normal life outside of football maybe teaching others about his own stupidity and helping others avoid injury.

That's what happens when you lead with the crown.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 01:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My issue is the Shazier injury had nothing to do with anything a Bengal's player did, yet the talking heads talk about as the reference the cheap shot delivered by JuJU Schuster. The games next year will be interesting. Will Bengals be smart enough to send someone else after JuJu, Bell or AB to atone for the Burfict hit? Will the Bengals ignore the rants of karma by Brown walking off the field and then while JuJu was doing his fake apology?

Again with the wanting to see players hurt.

Sick and sad.

Bengals already tried to get "revenge" with the hit on Brown.  The player got a fine and that's all.

Bengals fans got to cry and moan and see a rookie with no history of cheap shots suspended for one game got an H2H because he blocked a bit too high.

Congrats.

Why you think "sending someone after" a player is the right thing to do is beyond me.  It's what leads to thing like the hit on AB and why people think these games are too violent.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 01:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again with the wanting to see players hurt.

Sick and sad.

Bengals already tried to get "revenge" with the hit on Brown.  The player got a fine and that's all.

Bengals fans got to cry and moan and see a rookie with no history of cheap shots suspended for one game got an H2H because he blocked a bit too high.

Congrats.

Why you think "sending someone after" a player is the right thing to do is beyond me.  It's what leads to thing like the hit on AB and why people think these games are too violent.

Reading comprehension has never been your strong suit. I simply asked a question and never once implied I wanted anyone injured.

Sad that you are bright enough to read and understand a post and you jump to fake news and posts to support your points.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 01:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Reading comprehension has never been your strong suit. I simply asked a question and never once implied I wanted anyone injured.

Sad that you are bright enough to read and understand a post and you jump to fake news and posts to support your points.

You have repeatedly called for players to injured...then when called out throw the caveat "with a legal play" in.

For years that's been your MO.  Own it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 12:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The funny thing is you and other Steelers fan think no fine for Shazier, Porter or Munchak is a good thing. In reality, it will be bad, very bad as Bengals players and fans will not feel vindicated in any way losing to the NFL, the refs and the Steelers combination. It will just fuel the hate, fuel the bad blood and give a valid reason for Bengals players ands fans to retaliate making an ugly situation more ugly in the future. Simply, it will not go away and guys like Burfict who have hurt guys twice with hard legal hits with continue their mission to hurt players (yes, the intent should be to tackle and block and not to injure) which is bad for the NFL, the Steelers, Bengals and all fans. If no penalties levied for the Steelers behavior in this game, then it just adds to 2016 meetings as nothing was resolved on the Bengals side.

(01-15-2016, 03:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good luck taking Burfict out, I suggest you send more than 1 player as they have been trying for years to hurt him to no avail. On the other hand, Bell, Ben and Brown called to tell you Burfict is one tough SOB and likely more damage to come so stay tuned.

(05-28-2016, 03:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My conclusion after reading this thread is some Steeler's fans feel since Bell did not injure his ACL, the Bengals missed their mark. Well maybe better luck in 2016 for Mr. Bell, get matching ACL injury to go with his MCL and PCL. As for Bell, man Jack Lambert just pulled out his one front tooth in protest and burned his #58 jersey. What a wuss Bell has become.

(09-18-2016, 10:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just hope the Steelers players and fans don't whine and cry when a Bengal legally tackles a Steeler's player and injures his knee. If so, we will have to hand out more panties in the forum again.  Cry  Cry  Cry

(10-11-2016, 09:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Such stupidity 

Burfict hurt Bell on a legal hit and ended his year
Burfict hurt Ben on a legal tackle
Burfict hurt Brown on a questionable hit that Mike Mitchell gets away every week

The question you should ask yourself: Which Steeler will Burfict hurt (legally) in December and will he go for 2 since he did not play game one

Long way to go, Steelers look great but one bad injury plagued game and goodbye season for the Steelers. That game could be December 18th

It is fine as I know what goes around comes around.
Reply/Quote

If he insists on calling that a problem of 'reading comprehension', it may be time for him to review his 'writing comprehension'.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 02:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: You have repeatedly called for players to injured...then when called out throw the caveat "with a legal play" in.

For years that's been your MO.  Own it.

The original post was intended to talk about how these 2 teams play old school football.  Somehow it got derailed right out of the gate and turned into a who's team is dirtier.

Shame on me for trying start a more civil conversation.... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
I posted in this thread about a specific post. Where in this thread did I say I wished someone was hurt?

I didn't so stop the lies.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 02:23 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: The original post was intended to talk about how these 2 teams play old school football.  Somehow it got derailed right out of the gate and turned into a who's team is dirtier.

That is on Dino. He is the one who purposely derailed the thread as nothing I stated was off script.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 02:23 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: The original post was intended to talk about how these 2 teams play old school football.  Somehow it got derailed right out of the gate and turned into a who's team is dirtier.

Ha!  It's smack talk...and Luvnit wanted it to be a "dirty Steeelers" "I hope they get injured back" thread because he has a fascination with "real men" and those who "wear panties".

I will defer to the OP and discontinue reposting his own words back to him.

I agree that the hard hits are what the NFL and its affiliates promoted for decades.  Heck the Steelers/Bengals game was replayed MONDAY on NFL network.

They secretly love it, but when the opposing player doesn't get up they have to CYA and make like they care about safety.  If they truly cared they would switch helmets...but they have a deal so that would cost money.  Or they'd allow replay to correct the H2H calls.  Or be more consistent with the suspensions and fines.

But it's all just to protect themselves from lawsuits.

Good, clean hits will always be appreciated.  Injuries may still occur...and that's something the NFL doesn't want to acknowledge.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 02:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I posted in this thread about a specific post. Where in this thread did I say I wished someone was hurt?

I didn't so stop the lies.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bengals-v-Steelers-Must-See-TV?pid=482236#pid482236

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 01:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again with the wanting to see players hurt.

Sick and sad.

Congrats.

He's so butthurt about the "karma" thing and wants someone to be "atoned", but is completely unaware that Burficts hit on Brown that got him suspended is what this is all about. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Good original post. Some of your fellow fans have trouble letting things go. In all fairness, me and my fellow fans are to blame too as we egg him on because it's dirt cheap smack. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 03:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ha!  It's smack talk...and Luvnit wanted it to be a "dirty Steeelers" "I hope they get injured back" thread because he has a fascination with "real men" and those who "wear panties".

I will defer to the OP and discontinue reposting his own words back to him.

I agree that the hard hits are what the NFL and its affiliates promoted for decades.  Heck the Steelers/Bengals game was replayed MONDAY on NFL network.

They secretly love it, but when the opposing player doesn't get up they have to CYA and make like they care about safety.  If they truly cared they would switch helmets...but they have a deal so that would cost money.  Or they'd allow replay to correct the H2H calls.  Or be more consistent with the suspensions and fines.

But it's all just to protect themselves from lawsuits.

Good, clean hits will always be appreciated.  Injuries may still occur...and that's something the NFL doesn't want to acknowledge.

Hits are punished based on who makes them and how it reflects upon the league as opposed to how dangerous they are to the players. That's why 10 years after Goodell started with his BS nothing in the league has actually changed regarding hits. How many of the players in the league now where there week 3 2007 when Goodell made his first rash reaction based on a college player getting injured? The culture has more than enough time to change; most players in the league have played their entire careers under the allegedly 'changed' NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 01:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My issue is the Shazier injury had nothing to do with anything a Bengal's player did, yet the talking heads use it as a reference comparing the cheap shot delivered by JuJU Schuster. The games next year will be interesting. Will Bengals be smart enough to send someone else after JuJu, Bell or AB to atone for the Burfict hit? Will the Bengals ignore the rants of karma by Brown walking off the field and then while JuJu was doing his fake apology?

Remember when Hines Ward knocked Keith Rivers TFO with a legal block?  We heard for years about how you guys were going to get him back.  Never happened did it?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I never said someone would take out cheap shot artist JuJu Schuster next year. I asked if anyone thought they would and if they did would it be Burfict or someone else doing it.

How is your dummy doing who uses that helmet as a weapon? Has he figured out yet bad move trying to use crown of the helmet to hurt people? Just a thought, Tomlin and Butler own his injury due to poor training and discipline.

The simple fact that you think JuJu's hit was a "cheap shot" is bad, your talk about another human being who is may have trouble even walking again is awful.  Put aside your hate at least when talking an injured player.  Whether you wanted it to happen (you did) or not.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: The simple fact that you think JuJu's hit was a "cheap shot" is bad, your talk about another human being who is may have trouble even walking again is awful.  Put aside your hate at least when talking an injured player.  Whether you wanted it to happen (you did) or not.

Steeler's fans mock the dead (like you and others) going after Chris Henry. So excuse us when we call bullshit with a Steeler's fan supposed morality clause in a smack forum.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:28 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Steeler's fans mock the dead (like you and others) going after Chris Henry. So excuse us when we call bullshit with a Steeler's fan supposed morality clause in a smack forum.

At least you owned it this time.

Mellow
Reply/Quote