Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals v Steelers in Lewis era
I remember reading a quote from Maualuga after that Leonard leap game about how the coaches were crying afterwards. It was a great game but really lets you know how high the coaches thought of the Steelers as I believe that was only the 3rd game of the season. Not sure if that's a factor but it is interesting as I can only assuming crying from a random regular season victory wasn't the norm.
Also I do feel that the Steelers have gotten the benefit of alot of no calls against the Bengals and dirty plays. But they are a well run oganization for the most part that drafts good players and coaches them up as well as doing good putting them in positions to succeed. As much as I hate to say it.
Reply/Quote
Alas, our CURRENT head coach has zero history of success against any team. He's literally been owned by the entire league! Last season against the worst division in the NFL he couldn't manage a single win.

I am confused as to the relevance of this thread with the year 2021 though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 06:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Also I do feel that the Steelers have gotten the benefit of alot of no calls against the Bengals and dirty plays. But they are a well run oganization for the most part that drafts good players and coaches them up as well as doing good putting them in positions to succeed. As much as I hate to say it.

No doubt the Steelers were a better ran team than the Bengals.  Their record over that period was second in the league.  Onlly the Patriots won more games than they did..  But they were not that much better than us.  Just look at how well we did against other winning teams compared to our record against the Steelers
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 06:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I am confused as to the relevance of this thread with the year 2021 though.

Maybe it will help you new fans understand our history against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 04:27 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marvin Lewis admittedly grew up a diehard Steelers fan Ninja

Damn right he did. And there's your answer. He received 2 paychecks.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 06:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I am confused as to the relevance of this thread with the year 2021 though.

In hopes we don't repeat the past maybe, IDK. Marvin bad. Mike bad. ZT almost bad. Doesnt win Sunday? Bad.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe it will help you new fans understand our history against the Steelers.

It's just that is was more about Marvin.

Zac Taylor has been much worse overall. Let's talk about his 2-10 record in the division and how that might be improved or something. Or his 1 in a bazillion road record. Even with tied records the Bengals are listed as last in the division. I believe that is fitting and deserved until they prove otherwise.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 02:59 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: And then to further complicate things during that period - we owned the Raven and the Ravens owned the Steelers. Mellow

We did own the Ravens, but not quite to the level the Steelers owned us.

Steelers/Ravens often felt like a toss up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 02:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's just that is was more about Marvin.

Zac Taylor has been much worse overall. Let's talk about his 2-10 record in the division and how that might be improved or something. Or his 1 in a bazillion road record. Even with tied records the Bengals are listed as last in the division. I believe that is fitting and deserved until they prove otherwise.

My guess on why the bengals are listed as last in the division is because the bengals win was against the NFC while all the other teams in our division beat AFC opponents.  And tie breakers go to in conference wins over non conference when all other tie breakers are rendered moot.  I dont think its some sinister plot by the NFL to put us last despite all having the same record
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 09:59 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: My guess on why the bengals are listed as last in the division is because the bengals win was against the NFC while all the other teams in our division beat AFC opponents.  And tie breakers go to in conference wins over non conference when all other tie breakers are rendered moot.  I dont think its some sinister plot by the NFL to put us last despite all having the same record

I know why the Bengals are listed as last in the division. I'm saying that it's deserved until they show otherwise.

Reply/Quote