Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals vists and workouts
(04-19-2017, 04:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This says he never hit that girl in highschool.    Is there another incident?

That was my take. If the father of the girl didn't come out and state this, teams might think this could be a recurring problem.
Now that the father of the girl clarified that Mixon didn't strike his daughter and that they remain friends to this day, the only incident of violence was the one with Molitor at Oklahoma.
So this might make teams consider Mixon more.

TBH, I didn't even know this high school incident was a story. All the publicity has been around the college incident.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 10:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That was my take. If the father of the girl didn't come out and state this, teams might think this could be a recurring problem.
Now that the father of the girl clarified that Mixon didn't strike his daughter and that they remain friends to this day, the only incident of violence was the one with Molitor at Oklahoma.
So this might make teams consider Mixon more.

TBH, I didn't even know this high school incident was a story. All the publicity has been around the college incident.

Me Neither, the only reason i was for Mixon was cause i thought this was a one time drunken idiotic mistake.

If he likes to hit women i don't want the guy at all. Off my draft board.
Reply/Quote
Foster may be looking at a second shoulder surgery. I don't consider him at 9 unless the Medicals come back clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:39 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Foster may be looking at a second shoulder surgery.  I don't consider him at 9 unless the Medicals come back clean

If he does need a second surgery I consider coming up into the late first to catch him falling and let him redshirt behind Minter.
Reply/Quote
Purdue WR DeAngelo Yancey was in for a visit.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 10:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Amazing how someone can think Foster (who currently has a very serious shoulder injury that he's not yet recovered from) will stay healthy throughout his career and be an elite player, but refuses to believe the same for John Ross just because of previous injuries in which he's already shown recovery from.

John Ross, Reuben Foster, Mike Williams, and Corey Davis all have some injury history.

Just take the safe pick and go with OJ Howard. No injuries to worry about. Considered a consensus top 10 talent. Plays at a position in which the Bengals lack great talent if Eifert is out (which is often). Offers insurance if Eifert leaves in FA (which is ultimately his choice, not the Bengals' choice).

I am totally on board with a Howard pick but I feel he'll be gone before we get a chance.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Bengals met with Villanova DE Tanoh Kpassagnon

We worked out Ohio DT Casey Sayles on campus. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Kpasagnon!! Mark my words he will be the best defensive end in this draft when all is said and done.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 07:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Kpasagnon!! Mark my words he will be the best defensive end in this draft when all is said and done.

Need to see some film on this guy but his name is just too damn hard to remember...
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 10:00 PM)09ItsOurTime Wrote: Huh?

Foster, who is by most analysts a top 10 player in this class? That Foster? Burfict is up next year, Minter is up next year and we have little to no LB depth. We don't even have a good line of starter LB's.

Foster starts from day 1 (well, SHOULD. No one knows what Marvin will do.) Foster is a brusier who will help Burfict give the Steelers a taste of their own medicine. He brings "swag" and toughness to this defense. The past few years the Bengals have drafted a bunch of 'high character guys" which is cool and all, but we need some badass dudes to set the expectation. The high character guys the Bengals have been drafting recently dont back their teammates up in a fight, they go to the bench.

Ross? He'd be a great pick. In the second round. He's a walking injury. He probably gets injured surfing the web. There is no way he has a full healthy career. You guys are upset with Eifert's availability? Ross is 10x worse. You cant take a guy who has his injury history at #9, it would be stupid. 

Foster is an undersized two down linebacker with and injury, who got kicked out of the combine AND failed his drug test.  9 is way too high to pick that guy. 
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 07:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Kpasagnon!! Mark my words he will be the best defensive end in this draft when all is said and done.

I don't see it. He is a big project that doesn't have NFL level rush moves right now. He looked better playing lower quality opponents, but I don't think it translated to the next level. He will not give a team consistent production until year 3 or 4, if ever.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 04:16 AM)pledgi Wrote: Foster is an undersized two down linebacker with and injury, who got kicked out of the combine AND failed his drug test.  9 is way too high to pick that guy. 

Not a two down linebacker at all, actually that "undersized" you talk about is what you get in the new era three down linebacker. He is a sideline to sideline LB who can play in coverage. He can stack and shed as well as any MLB in the last couple drafts. He doesn't get lost in traffic.

The injury issues are the only real red flag on him in my mind. There is no doubt he can play day 1 as a rookie and be very successful. He is as good a prospect coming out as CJ Mosley and will anchor a teams defense on the inside for years if he can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 09:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't see it. He is a big project that doesn't have NFL level rush moves right now. He looked better playing lower quality opponents, but I don't think it translated to the next level. He will not give a team consistent production until year 3 or 4, if ever.

You didn't mark his words. That's the greatest end in the draft and can be had 3-4 round.

Reply/Quote
The best end in this draft I think will be Hendrickson or Willis.
Reply/Quote