R1P2-SF: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
R1P3-CHI: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
R1P4-JAX: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
R1P5-TEN: OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
R1P6-NYJ: Mitchel Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
R1P7-LAC: Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
R1P8-CAR: Christian McCaffery, RB, Stanford
R1P9-CIN: Jamal Adams, SS, LSU

If Adams or even Hooker falls to #9, I'd really hope that we would take them. Probably wouldn't happen since we already have two safeties signed through the next few years... That's Mike Brown's logic. Having Adams would bring our secondary to elite status. I'd be pretty excited.

R1P10-BUF: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
R1P11-NO: Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
R1P12-CIN: Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple
(AJM and #153 to Cleveland for #12)

Yeah, another trade mock involving AJM. I think something will happen with him on draft day. Whether it's a 2nd and Richardson from the Jets or a 1st/2nd from CLE. If we get a 1st round pick from anyone, it would be Cleveland...

Haason Reddick has won me over so much, I'd rather take him over Foster at this point. I wouldn't mind Foster in Cincy, I just think Reddick brings better pass rush ability and way better cover skills. Could use him against teams like the Pats who have Gronk.

R2P41: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

Not my favorite pick, but it seems to be the fan favorite in cincy for the second round if LF isn't at #9. He is arguably the best RB in this years draft class. If it weren't for the "character issues", he would be at least a top 15 pick. Some might say he still is. We'll see.

R3P73: Pat Elfein, C, Ohio State

Great value here if he drops to the 3rd. I've seen so many mocks where he's taken in every single round and even undrafted in a couple (NFL.com had one of them). I think it's a fair estimate to say he'll be there in the 3rd. I think #41 is way too early still. Immediate starter.

R4P116: Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State

Drops due to small school and deep DE class. Has the potential to be a starter mid season if he can transition well to the NFL.

R4P138: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech

Insurance for Eifert. Bengals had Hodges in for a visit I believe. Great pass catcher and red zone threat. Needs to work on his blocking.

R5P176: Jalen Myrick, CB/KR, Minnesota

Can we please let PacMan go? Myrick gives us good insurance right here. Blazing speed with decent cover skills.

R6P193: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State

Do I need to explain here? May need to take him earlier.

R6P217: Elijah Lee, ILB, Kansas State

Sleeper pick. I love this kids attitude for the game. Good coverage skills, hard hitter and plays with a chip on his shoulder. YouTube him lol.

R7P227: Eric Smith, OT, Virginia

Yeah, we'll need one of these at some point I guess. I think the Bengals are putting all of their faith in Cedric O. and Fisher. It's anyone's guess if we'll even draft one at all.

R7P251: Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss

Probably won't make the roster. It's a seventh round pick. Worst case they release him if he continues his off the field issues.
Reply/Quote
Looks good to me! Seriously, you covered all the position needs, as well as made the defense well stocked for years to come. Would have liked to have seen another OLman, but you can't have everything.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 06:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks good to me! Seriously, you covered all the position needs, as well as made the defense well stocked for years to come. Would have liked to have seen another OLman, but you can't have everything.
We could almost go any position other than quarterback in the first few rounds. I tried to distribute all of our picks for all of our needs evenly. Chances are in reality, we won't address a position or two that we think should have been addressed. I hope we're able to gather another pick of two by trading down or trading AJM.
Reply/Quote
Outside of the throw away OT you have at the end of the draft, I'd be thrilled if this were to happen. Our defense would once again be elite and we would have a few nice pieces being added to the offense as well.

Good job!
Reply/Quote
I guess they could kick Sean Williams to nickel linebacker.

People on these boards know my position on Mixon.

With that said if the Bengals came away from the draft with the kicker from Arizona strong safety Adams and Reddick I'd be pretty awesome. I mean that would be one scary defense right there especially think it picked up another defensive lineman.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 06:14 PM)Takedown Wrote: R1P1-CLE: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
R1P2-SF: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
R1P3-CHI: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
R1P4-JAX: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
R1P5-TEN: OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
R1P6-NYJ: Mitchel Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
R1P7-LAC: Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
R1P8-CAR: Christian McCaffery, RB, Stanford
R1P9-CIN: Jamal Adams, SS, LSU

If Adams or even Hooker falls to #9, I'd really hope that we would take them. Probably wouldn't happen since we already have two safeties signed through the next few years... That's Mike Brown's logic. Having Adams would bring our secondary to elite status. I'd be pretty excited.

R1P10-BUF: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
R1P11-NO: Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
R1P12-CIN: Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple
(AJM and #153 to Cleveland for #12)

Yeah, another trade mock involving AJM. I think something will happen with him on draft day. Whether it's a 2nd and Richardson from the Jets or a 1st/2nd from CLE. If we get a 1st round pick from anyone, it would be Cleveland...

Haason Reddick has won me over so much, I'd rather take him over Foster at this point. I wouldn't mind Foster in Cincy, I just think Reddick brings better pass rush ability and way better cover skills. Could use him against teams like the Pats who have Gronk.

R2P41: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

Not my favorite pick, but it seems to be the fan favorite in cincy for the second round if LF isn't at #9. He is arguably the best RB in this years draft class. If it weren't for the "character issues", he would be at least a top 15 pick. Some might say he still is. We'll see.

R3P73: Pat Elfein, C, Ohio State

Great value here if he drops to the 3rd. I've seen so many mocks where he's taken in every single round and even undrafted in a couple (NFL.com had one of them). I think it's a fair estimate to say he'll be there in the 3rd. I think #41 is way too early still. Immediate starter.

R4P116: Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State

Drops due to small school and deep DE class. Has the potential to be a starter mid season if he can transition well to the NFL.

R4P138: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech

Insurance for Eifert. Bengals had Hodges in for a visit I believe. Great pass catcher and red zone threat. Needs to work on his blocking.

R5P176: Jalen Myrick, CB/KR, Minnesota

Can we please let PacMan go? Myrick gives us good insurance right here. Blazing speed with decent cover skills.

R6P193: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State

Do I need to explain here? May need to take him earlier.

R6P217: Elijah Lee, ILB, Kansas State

Sleeper pick. I love this kids attitude for the game. Good coverage skills, hard hitter and plays with a chip on his shoulder. YouTube him lol.

R7P227: Eric Smith, OT, Virginia

Yeah, we'll need one of these at some point I guess. I think the Bengals are putting all of their faith in Cedric O. and Fisher. It's anyone's guess if we'll even draft one at all.

R7P251: Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss

Probably won't make the roster. It's a seventh round pick. Worst case they release him if he continues his off the field issues.

I wonder if Tennessee fans would be as irate with taking Howard with Walker on the roster and two years left on his contract as it seems some fans around here would be if the Bengals took Howard with Eifert on the roster and entering a contract year. Walker's put up 800+ yards each year the past three years, so he's not showing signs of slowing down.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder if Tennessee fans would be as irate with taking Howard with Walker on the roster and two years left on his contract as it seems some fans around here would be if the Bengals took Howard with Eifert on the roster and entering a contract year. Walker's put up 800+ yards each year the past three years, so he's not showing signs of slowing down.

New England Patriots. Nothing wrong with having two great tight ends. They proved that.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 11:44 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I guess they could kick Sean Williams to nickel linebacker.

People on these boards know my position on Mixon.

With that said if the Bengals came away from the draft with the kicker from Arizona strong safety Adams and Reddick I'd be pretty awesome. I mean that would be one scary defense right there especially think it picked up another defensive lineman.

Mixon being mocked in the second wasn't the dream part of my mock lol. That was more so the realistic part of it. If he's there we'll take him. I won't be excited by any means. We'll see what happens.

Agreed. I doubt this, but Reddick could possibly drop to the second round. Doubtful, but he's been mocked all over. I'd be ecstatic if we got Adams AND Reddick.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 08:12 PM)Takedown Wrote: New England Patriots. Nothing wrong with having two great tight ends. They proved that.

That was my point. Taking an elite prospect like OJ Howard when there's already a very good receiving TE on the team doesn't mean that is a wasted pick. There are very easy ways to get a player like Howard worked into the offense and still allow a TE like Walker or Eifert to see the field.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 10:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That was my point. Taking an elite prospect like OJ Howard when there's already a very good receiving TE on the team doesn't mean that is a wasted pick. There are very easy ways to get a player like Howard worked into the offense and still allow a TE like Walker or Eifert to see the field.

Gotcha lol. Yeah I think it would be a better pick over Williams for them. A much safer pick at least.
Reply/Quote