Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs. Browns 11/7
Heart 
Good morning to my Bengals brethren!
Over my 38 years, I've been to several games in Cincinnati and been to the last two games vs. the Panthers in Charlotte.
The last game I attended was the Christmas Eve game vs. the Buffalo Bills many moons ago. My about to be 75 yr old father, who lives in Middletown, is a Browns fan because they were the only team in the state when he was a little boy. He used to always take me to Bengals training camp in Wilmington growing up when I would visit in the summertime. So of course I fell in love with the team and have been a Bengals fan since the 80s. Now both of my sons are Bengals fans too. I've been to a few Bengals games with my dad over the years, but NEVER to a Bengals vs. Browns game with him. This was the top thing on my bucket list, to attend one WITH him. Well, he called me a few weeks ago to inform me that he had tickets for us!
I made the trip up from North Carolina and will be attending the game today. I've never been so excited to attend a  sporting event as I am today! Now, let's hope the Bengals don't make my trip home a longer one, lol.
I've met up with a few of you at games over the years. I remember meeting Turk and BengalThing, followed by BengalThing stealing my tailgate drink name for his own...BengalBombs(Orange soda & Jaegermeister). ?
I don't post on here like I used to on the old boards. But I still read from the weeds. Sorry for the rambling, but this game is very special for me.
We are leaving to go do some tailgating this morning @9. Maybe I will run into some of you down there and put a face to a name. I'll be in section 116 wearing a Ja'Maarvelous jersey and dad in a Jim Brown jersey.
Is anyone else attending the game today?

Tiger WhoDey2
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I won't be there but appreciate the back story and hope you both have a great time!

Who Dey !!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Welcome to town and Who Dey! Although I'm sure your dad is a decent guy and there's much love between you, he has gone wrong in a couple of places.

One, I'm about to turn 74 and grew up a huge Browns fan. But along about 1968 I saw the light. No excuse for still being a Browns fan. To paraphrase Sam Wyche, your father doesn't live in Cleveland, he lives in Middletown.

Speaking of which, that brings me to number two. Your dad lives in Middletown. I grew up in Hamilton. Taft Tigers, class of 65. Not much else to say.

To be fair, he did take you to training camp at Wilmington and set you on the right path. Like I said, a decent guy.

Seriously, I attended Bengals games with my dad. Season ticket holder and I think of him every Sunday. Enjoy this precious day with your father.

I'll be in 152. But if I wander down to 116 I'll look for you.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:43 AM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Good morning to my Bengals brethren!
Over my 38 years, I've been to several games in Cincinnati and been to the last two games vs. the Panthers in Charlotte.
The last game I attended was the Christmas Eve game vs. the Buffalo Bills many moons ago. My about to be 75 yr old father, who lives in Middletown, is a Browns fan because they were the only team in the state when he was a little boy. He used to always take me to Bengals training camp in Wilmington growing up when I would visit in the summertime. So of course I fell in love with the team and have been a Bengals fan since the 80s. Now both of my sons are Bengals fans too. I've been to a few Bengals games with my dad over the years, but NEVER to a Bengals vs. Browns game with him. This was the top thing on my bucket list, to attend one WITH him. Well, he called me a few weeks ago to inform me that he had tickets for us!
I made the trip up from North Carolina and will be attending the game today. I've never been so excited to attend a  sporting event as I am today! Now, let's hope the Bengals don't make my trip home a longer one, lol.
I've met up with a few of you at games over the years. I remember meeting Turk and BengalThing, followed by BengalThing stealing my tailgate drink name for his own...BengalBombs(Orange soda & Jaegermeister). ?
I don't post on here like I used to on the old boards. But I still read from the weeds. Sorry for the rambling, but this game is very special for me.
We are leaving to go do some tailgating this morning @9. Maybe I will run into some of you down there and put a face to a name. I'll be in section 116 wearing a Ja'Maarvelous jersey and dad in a Jim Brown jersey.
Is anyone else attending the game today?

Tiger WhoDey2

That is really cool.  I hope you guys have a great time and the Bengals come out on top!

I took my dad to the Ring of Honor game, and that might be our last one.  He's 88 and it was a lot of work.  We had a great time, but in the four years since I gave up my season tickets, he has lost a lot of his stamina due to a knee injury.

Here's to you having a great day with your family.  Safe travels home, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:43 AM)SouthernStripes Wrote: My about to be 75 yr old father, who lives in Middletown, is a Browns fan 

Tiger WhoDey2

Damn brother, that's rough... so sorry! Tongue Hilarious Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I hate cold weather so I've never been to a game even though lately games are in hot weather early in the season..Maybe it's just the idea of being in big crowds..not sure, but enjoy your time with your dad.. Mine passed away last year at 92.. I really thought both my parents would outlive me, but I've outlived both of them..Enjoy them while the getting's good.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Never too late to convert your dad, keep trying!
Reply/Quote
Have fun at the game and enjoy spending time with your dad (even though he is a Clowns fan)
Reply/Quote
Enjoy!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote