Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals vs. Browns 2.0 and Mike Brown
(10-24-2020, 04:49 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It’s because of his run block grade. Hart is graded very, very well when it comes to run blocking out is pretty piss poor in pass blocking. It is a huge discrepancy, something like an 81 grade at run blocking and 54 in pass blocking (not exact numbers, just working off of memory.)

The total grade is just an aggregation of those two, I believe. Hart would be a fine backup or a great swing tackle in unbalanced formations.
Well the grading is the same for all run and pass both count and are equally important if he is grading above average I assume other tackles are not. Along not sure how you get a 76 out of those number you would have to bring up the passing numbers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 03:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cleveland Browns come to town this weekend for the second Bengals-Browns game of the year.  It's interesting both intra-Ohio games are taking place in the first half of the season before the Bengals' bye week which brings something to mind.

If the Bengals lose to the Browns on Sunday do you think the Front Office might make some coaching changes during the bye week?  What about the end of the season?

It has stuck with me that Marvin Lewis was retained after several consecutive losing seasons but let go after the first season where the Bengals dropped both games to Cleveland.  In all his seasons as head coach, Marvin never lost two games to the Browns but the moment he did in 2018 BAM!  He was gone.  Might Zac Taylor suffer a similar fate?

Let's not forget Mike Brown worked for his father Paul in Cleveland.  He hero-worshiped his father and made sure the Bengals' new stadium was named after his father.  Mike Brown might not be ahead of the times as a team president but he has two redeeming qualities:  (1) Extreme loyalty and (2) a vitriolic hatred of the Cleveland Browns.  Mike Brown is keenly aware of January 9, 1963; that's the day Art Modell fired Paul Brown which meant Mikey Boy was out of work too. 

Mike went to work with his father again in Cincinnati but he never lost his hate for the Cleveland Browns.  Two losses to Cleveland may be the needed catalyst for change.

Hmmm! This is a very interesting post.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 08:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well the grading is the same for all run and pass both count and are equally important if he is grading above average I assume other tackles are not. Along not sure how you get a 76 out of those number you would have to bring up the passing numbers

I’m not sure where you’re getting 76 from but Hart isn’t graded at 76 by PFF. He is at 66. An aggregation of the grades I mentioned would be 135, which divides by two is 67.5; not far off of Harts grade. I’m not sure how they calculate it all, but he is heading out as a really good run blocker and piss poor pass blocker.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 08:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well the grading is the same for all run and pass both count and are equally important if he is grading above average I assume other tackles are not. Along not sure how you get a 76 out of those number you would have to bring up the passing numbers

Just for context.

Overall he's graded 38th for tackles. Just a smidge below average.
Pass blocking 48th
Run blocking 23rd

He's given up the 4th most total pressures, including 3 sacks, which is tied for 3rd most.
His pass block efficiency is 95.4, which is 53rd for tackles.

For context to the context, he's taken the most pass block snaps of all tackles (actually tied for 1st with Jonah).

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 11:00 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: Hmmm! This is a very interesting post.

Dave Shula lost both Cleveland games in '93, '94 and '95 and he lost the 2nd game in '92. 

That's 7 consecutive losses to Cleveland and he didn't get fired until he started 0-6 in 1996.

I guess that almost kind of blows that theory out of the water. 

Dick Lebeau lost both in 2002 but was fired after compiling a 5 and 27 record in 2 years. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote