Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Falcons
My buddy is a huge Okie State guy ( played there) and I’m a Sooner so we fight and argue. His favorite NFL team is the Falcons. I’m trying to tell him although they’ve been playing well their corners are banged up but they are allowing 69% completion (31st) and are 31st in sacks. I said give Burrow time he’s going to kill you. What am I missing? I think it’s a bad matchup for the Falcons and not surprised by the -6 spread.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My buddy is a huge Okie State guy ( played there) and I’m a Sooner so we fight and argue. His favorite NFL team is the Falcons. I’m trying to tell him although they’ve been playing well their corners are banged up but they are allowing 69% completion (31st) and are 31st in sacks. I said give Burrow time he’s going to kill you. What am I missing? I think it’s a bad matchup for the Falcons and not surprised by the -6 spread.

If we can get them out of being able to run the ball I believe we can run away with it a bit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If we can get them out of being able to run the ball I believe we can run away with it a bit.

That’s true very true but I think their corners are banged up and they are 31st in sacks. Giving up 69% passing. Really bad recipe facing Burrow.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My buddy is a huge Okie State guy ( played there) and I’m a Sooner so we fight and argue. His favorite NFL team is the Falcons. I’m trying to tell him although they’ve been playing well their corners are banged up but they are allowing 69% completion (31st) and are 31st in sacks. I said give Burrow time he’s going to kill you. What am I missing? I think it’s a bad matchup for the Falcons and not surprised by the -6 spread.

Glad to hear your analysis, although I also was impressed with the game that Marcus Mariota had against what some analyst said was the best defense in the league in San Francisco. He completed all but one of his passes (13/14) and had a rating of 144. The Falcons also rushed for 168 yards against that 49ers defense. 

But the 49ers did have problems with turnovers, so if the Bengals can avoid a similarly bad day with turnovers, I am hopeful. At any rate, the Bengals have to make a statement over these next four games before their schedule really gets challenging.
Reply/Quote
Seems like it should favor the Bengals, yeah. But that's not the first time this season that's been the case, and the offense failed to exploit the weakness. Bengals should win, but seems it'll depend which version of the offense shows up to play.
Reply/Quote
Falcons have lost their 3 games by 11 total pts

We have lost 3 games by 8 pts

I cant figure out the Falcons

They have a very pedestrian roster

Pitts has been pretty invisible all year

Patterson on IR

Defense doesnt cover or get sacks. Yet they are 3 and 3.
Reply/Quote
Falcons are #3 in rushing with 5 yds per (the Saints were 7th), and the Falcons probably have some starters available at WR...

Definitely need to get up early and make them pass. We will be missing Logan, Tupou and Reader.

Reply/Quote
They have gone against the grain. Not great for fantasy stats but has them punching above their weight. As someone who has followed the Titans pretty closely , I respect A Smith a lot. We “should” beat them if we’re smart , but they are trending in the right direction. I still think they should not be playing Pitts as essentially an outside threat and deploying him in a more traditional TE fashion (LB nightmare) , but props to them and some other teams who’ve decided to Zag against the grain. And Drake London was my fav prospect in this year’s draft. Despite their heavy run approach, we need to be very weary of his ability if they decide to surprise us with shot plays to he or Pitts.
Reply/Quote
Theres a few teams this year that were projected to not do so well but have went run heavy and found success.

Falcons and the Giants are two that come to mind.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:06 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Theres a few teams this year that were projected to not do so well but have went run heavy and found success.

Falcons and the Giants are two that come to mind.

Absolutely . Jets week 6 too. I’m surprised we aren’t hearing more of it in the media. I’ve been noticing it and think it’s a very intriguing development. It’s interesting to see the chess match between offense vs defensive schemes, the cyclical evolution , player archeotypes (ie big corners vs smaller and quicker corners etc), and how it defines the success of each team in how they respond .
Reply/Quote

The Falcons are a good young team from what I am seeing and Mariota is a damn good running QB that can beat you in 
the passing game if you allow it. Kyle Pitts is crazy talented, same with Drake London and the wild named Slot Receiver they
have that I cannot yet pronounce his name. Grady Jarrett is great...

Still, we are used to a QB like Mariota who is not Lamar and I agree with your thoughts on them being banged up and Burrow
going off, this last game was just a tad of what him and Chase can do, let alone Boyd and Tee getting a little time to heal and 
a hungry Hayden Hurst against his old team....

I like Tufele our new NT to help in the running game against a great running team and we just saw a team that attacks us 
the same way in the Saints and Lou and our Defense will be watching all what they did wrong.

We win this game at home going away, but the Falcons come back and try and make it a game with Arthur Smith's coaching.

But don't be mistaken, the Falcons are a good young team. I like these guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:16 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Absolutely .   Jets week 6 too.  I’m surprised we aren’t hearing more of it in the media.   I’ve been noticing it and think it’s a very intriguing development.   It’s interesting to see the chess match between offense vs defensive schemes, the cyclical evolution  , player archeotypes (ie big corners vs smaller and quicker corners etc), and how it defines the success of each team in how they respond .

That's kind of been our MO even dating back to the Marvin era. We tended to play down to our competition but then also play up to it in a lot of games.

I'm glad that Patterson's out because I think he would destroy us and let's just hope that Pitts doesn't have his coming out party for the year against us.

Luckily, Atlanta has the worst pass rushing D in the league, so I hope Burrow just eats them alive and picks apart their banged up secondary. Mix in some runs, especially once we get up two scores and they're tired out, and just keeping posting long drives that result in points.

45-10.
Reply/Quote
I'm done playing around. My 9 year old son has been to 3 games. Vikings, KC, and the Wild Card game last year. He's never seen the Bengals lose in a game he's attended. He's coming to this one.

Sorry, Falcons. No upset this week.
Reply/Quote
If Bengals stop their rushing attack, it should be a long day for the Falcons.

If not ?

Then glad Samhain is taking his boy to give Bengals some extra mojo.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:46 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm done playing around. My 9 year old son has been to 3 games. Vikings, KC, and the Wild Card game last year. He's never seen the Bengals lose in a game he's attended. He's coming to this one.

Sorry, Falcons. No upset this week.

Rock and roll. Weather looks unreal this wknd too
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:27 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Falcons have lost their 3 games by 11 total pts

Patterson on IR

Defense doesnt cover or get sacks.   Yet they are 3 and 3.

Pitts has been a disappointment this year and has only 2 TDs in his career... we will see how their careers go but I believed Parsons would be more impacting than Pitts in the NFL and so far not even close. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:07 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Rock and roll.  Weather looks unreal this wknd too

Really cold I heard...
Reply/Quote
I like the Bengals chances if they either 1) stop the run OR 2) start fast on offense. If they do both, it's a comfortable win. If they do neither, it's a pain in the ass. The Falcons are a poor man's Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:19 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I like the Bengals chances if they either 1) stop the run OR 2) start fast on offense. If they do both, it's a comfortable win. If they do neither, it's a pain in the ass. The Falcons are a poor man's Ravens.

Pretty much, I liked what I saw of Jay Tufele, the LB's and Secondary just really need to converge on those outside runs.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:27 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Falcons have lost their 3 games by 11 total pts

Patterson on IR

Defense doesnt cover or get sacks.   Yet they are 3 and 3.

They run more than they pass. Patterson is out. How about Patterson though. Wr turned rb.
Reply/Quote