Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Falcons
We should be 7-4 or 8-3 in 5-6 weeks.
Reply/Quote
I think this is going to be another shootout similar to the Saints game. 35-30 Bengals
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
If Cincy can get the opening kickoff,drive down
The field, score 6, force the Falcons to punt
Then score again , all of a sudden the Falcons will be forced to throw the ball. That's not their identity on
Offense for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 07:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: Glad to hear your analysis, although I also was impressed with the game that Marcus Mariota had against what some analyst said was the best defense in the league in San Francisco. He completed all but one of his passes (13/14) and had a rating of 144. The Falcons also rushed for 168 yards against that 49ers defense. 

But the 49ers did have problems with turnovers, so if the Bengals can avoid a similarly bad day with turnovers, I am hopeful. At any rate, the Bengals have to make a statement over these next four games before their schedule really gets challenging.

I heard before the game the 9ers would not have a single starter on their D line that game. That said ATL has a rushing atack and our run D is suspect especially when attacking the right side of the defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:27 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Falcons have lost their 3 games by 11 total pts

We have lost 3 games by 8 pts

I cant figure out the Falcons

They have a very pedestrian roster

Pitts has been pretty invisible all year

Patterson on IR

Defense doesnt cover or get sacks.   Yet they are 3 and 3.

Their run game reallllly shortens the game, similar to what we saw against the Saints. If we score touchdowns like this past weekend we should be in the clear. With turnovers and fieldgoals we're looking at another 3 point game. 

Getting off to a quick start would be huge. Given how Joe Burrow and the Bengals have been the last 3 years to start games though it's pretty much a given it won't be until drive 3 we start moving. Just hope we don't fall into a 10 point deficit for a 5th game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:51 PM)Trademark Wrote: I think this is going to be another shootout similar to the Saints game. 35-30 Bengals

I would be shocked if Atlanta had an offense able to score quick enough to even allow for that many series. Unless every one is a scoring drive. 
Reply/Quote
Falcons have the pieces on defense to give the Bengals fits. Grady Jarrett is still manning the middle, and our tackles have been a liability for most of the season. D-ends could find a groove there.

Kyle Pitts impregenated Arthur Smith's daughter, because he's insisting on not using him in the passing game. The moment Smith decided to use him against CLE and SF they started winning games.
Reply/Quote
Obviously stopping the run will be the #1 priority on defense. They will look to have long sustained drives to keep our offense off the field. On offense we need to start fast for once and get them behind early. That makes them have to pass more often than they want too, which equals success for us. I think we should win, but they cannot take Atlanta lightly. They lack talent but they play very physical and hard.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If there were a game or two that the Bengals needed to start fast, this game and the Browns game are it. They cannot have stupid penalties or turnovers. This will take the opposing teams rush out of game plan. The Bengals really need to win the next 3 games because the backend of schedule is brutal.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:51 PM)Trademark Wrote: I think this is going to be another shootout similar to the Saints game. 35-30 Bengals

I dont think the Falcons will score more than 14 pts.

Bengals gonna win this by 16-25 pts. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:38 AM)ATOTR Wrote: I dont think the Falcons will score more than 14 pts.

Hope you're right but I look at any game on the schedule and figure they will all be close battles. Really, any team in the league is dangerous I don't care what their record or how many #1 players are out.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:45 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Hope you're right but I look at any game on the schedule and figure they will all be close battles. Really, any team in the league is dangerous I don't care what their record or how many #1 players are out.

The falcons seem like major frauds to me.

They have been exceedingly lucky and really dont have any impact players on either side of the ball, less pitts. 

Mariota is awful.  Their D is bad.  Their WRs are pedestrian.  Home game. 

im bullish.  Love Bengals -6 too.  Id take it at -7.5
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:38 AM)ATOTR Wrote: I dont think the Falcons will score more than 14 pts.

Haha…. You a comedian ?

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 01:21 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Falcons have the pieces on defense to give the Bengals fits. Grady Jarrett is still manning the middle, and our tackles have been a liability for most of the season. D-ends could find a groove there.

Kyle Pitts impregenated Arthur Smith's daughter, because he's insisting on not using him in the passing game. The moment Smith decided to use him against CLE and SF they started winning games.

Not really.   They are winning because of the clock-control ground and pound approach.   Those two games were his two lowest target-share games.  He did get his first td last week, but it was only 1 of 3 targets the entire game.    

Grady Jarret is a load.  I could see them testing Volson with him.   I wonder if LB Mykal Walker will be back for this game.   He has been all over the field up until his injury with tackle-share, blitzing, and I believe an int.   
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:49 AM)ATOTR Wrote: The falcons seem like major frauds to me.

They have been exceedingly lucky and really dont have any impact players on either side of the ball, less pitts. 

Drake London is Uber-talented.   

Hope you're right though about the outcome.   Also dig the avatar  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 11:34 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Cincy can get the opening kickoff,drive down
The field, score 6, force the Falcons to punt
Then score again , all of a sudden the Falcons will be forced to throw the ball. That's not their identity on
Offense for them.

Truth, if we can finally start fast on Offense it will take them out of their gameplan. Or at least make them pass more
than they want to.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My buddy is a huge Okie State guy ( played there) and I’m a Sooner so we fight and argue. His favorite NFL team is the Falcons. I’m trying to tell him although they’ve been playing well their corners are banged up but they are allowing 69% completion (31st) and are 31st in sacks. I said give Burrow time he’s going to kill you. What am I missing? I think it’s a bad matchup for the Falcons and not surprised by the -6 spread.

Falcons are a running team, and we are going into the game without Reader, Topou and Wilson. Their corners might be banged up, but it won't matter if they control the ball on the ground and run it at will. Don't get me wrong, I think the Bengals win this one, but stopping the run is going to be paramount or the offense won't see much of the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:49 AM)ATOTR Wrote: The falcons seem like major frauds to me.

Agree 100% with this. They have been basically spotted a touchdown in 2 of their 3 wins. Much like the Saints were when the Bengals played them. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Would like to see Bengals take the ball to begin the game again if possible.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote