Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions
Bengals 27-17.Bengals by all rights should be 2-1 right now.I believe both the O-line and D-line will play better in this game.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 01:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Bengals by all rights should be 2-1 right now.
They should?  
Reply/Quote
Jaguars - 24
Bengals - 16
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 01:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Bengals 27-17.Bengals by all rights should be 2-1 right now.I believe both the O-line and D-line will play better in this game.

I believe the definition of "win" is at odds with your statement.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 01:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Bengals 27-17.Bengals by all rights should be 2-1 right now.I believe both the O-line and D-line will play better in this game.

You can make a case for 0-1-2 (Randy pulling his fat...) but you can't give wins when you were beat.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Minshew - 3 TDs
Burrow - 2 TDs

Hope I'm wrong, but I think the Jags pull off a close one.

Reply/Quote
Think Burrow can torch these guys...

38-23 Bengals
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 01:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe the definition of "win" is at odds with your statement.

Yup. 

I always find it so strange the hoops some will jump through on here to come up with "we should have won".

Like, if you're guy is going into the end zone for the winning TD and gets Leon Lett'd, then ok, you probably should've won.

If the other team recovers an onside kick with under 10 seconds, and then proceeds to complete a Hail Mary as time expries, then, yeah, you probably shoud've won.

If you're the victim of a last second return, where there's multiple laterals, and the announcer is yelling "The band is on the field!" then you probably shoud've won.

You didn't win, but you shoud've won. (If's, and but's, candy and nuts)

Those examples I can let slide, I get the sentiment.  But I don't see our situation as at all similar.

---If Randy Bullock makes that kick...

If Randy Bullock makes that kick we're going to overtime, we didn't win yet.  There's no guarantee we win in overtime, nor is it even a likley outcome.  It's 50-50. 

And people miss kicks all of the time.  There's a handful of extra points missed every single week.  It's not like Randy got struck by lightening when he was kicking the go ahead field goal.  He missed a tying field goal, that get missed more often that you'd think.

---If we didn't give up the late touchdown to the Eagles...

But we did give it up.  You can't just magically take points off the board, from a legitimate drive.  Why aren't you taking off one of our scores, and asking if the Eagles just could've done...

If anything, we should have lost that Eagles game.  They had 1st down from like the 45 with plenty of time.  Their drive then stalled, and then they commited a penalty to take their kicker out of range.  If they get another 10 yards on that drive, they win in OT.  (See how if's work, when applied fairly?

We shouldn't have won any of these game.  We didn't play well enough, and we didn't close out against the Chargers or the Eagles.  That's what happened.  There is no one to blame but the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 01:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: They should?  

Had Geno Atkins been healthy from the start they Very well could be 3-0 right now.when healthy he’s a playmaker.Especially when lined up next to Reader.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 01:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You can make a case for 0-1-2 (Randy pulling his fat...) but you can't give wins when you were beat.

3-0 if Atkins was in there healthy lined up next to Reader.Looks like he’s likely to start this Sunday verses Jax.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 05:48 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: 3-0 if Atkins was in there healthy lined up next to Reader.Looks like he’s likely to start this Sunday verses Jax.

I love Geno, but let's not pretend that this run defense never struggled with him on the field last year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 08:10 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Geno Atkins comes back and the run D looks better, however, WJ3 and Phillips running around like fools. Offensive line makes Jags D look far better than it is.

Jags 22
Bengals 20

Passing D is legit.. Bengals are 9th in pass defense.. I'll go with 35 - 24 Bengals..
Reply/Quote

I'll say this.. you couldn't get much closer to 2-1 without actually doing it... Bengals Football in a nutshell..
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 05:44 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Had Geno Atkins been healthy from the start they Very well could be 3-0 right now.when healthy he’s a playmaker.Especially when lined up next to Reader.

And they could still be 0-2-1.

Geno Atkins was on the team last season, and we started the year 0-11.  We finished 2-14.  So you can't argue that his presence alone wins you games.

What I find most amazing about this comment, is the complete disregard that others teams are missing players too.  Many are much worse off.

-The team we just played, The Eagles, we're already down Alshon Jeffrey and Jalen Reagor, and then lost both Desean Jackson, and Dallas Goedert in the first half.  They were without 4 of the top 5 weapons.  So if we get back Geno, do they get back all of these guys?

-The 49'ers were missing the following players against the Giants:  Jimmy Garoppalo (QB1), Raheem Motsert (RB1), Deebo Samuel (WR1), George Kittle (TE1), and Nick Bosa (Defensive Rookie of the Year/Pro Bowler).  They still proceed to win 36-9.

-The Patriots had 8 players opt out due to Covid, including 4 starters.  They're 2-1.

-The Saints have been without Michael Thomas, the Panthers are without Christian McCaffrey, the Titans are without AJ Brown.  All of these guys are pure studs, and all are in their prime.

What you've essentially established in your argument is  that, if we have all of our players completely healthy, and we can take certain plays away, then we could be 3-0.

I got news for you, that logic applies to every single team in the league.  If every team could magically remove bad plays, bad luck, and have everyone healthy, then could probabaly win all of the time.

But it doesn't work that way.  Guys get hurt.  And guys a lot better than a 32 year Geno Atkins.  And all teams have bad plays, they may miss an easy kick from time to time, they may give up a last second TD.

You can't just apply this type of thinking to only our team, while completely ignoring every other team in the league.

So, no, we are the record we shoud be. 0-2-1.  And, all things considered, we've actually been luckier than a lot of other teams out there.  Our record is what is, and there's no could've or should've in the league.  Period.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 06:03 PM)Tony Wrote: Passing D is legit.. Bengals are 9th in pass defense.. I'll go with 35 - 24 Bengals..

Yeah, they looked good against the Eagles honestly besides the couple penalties and Bates tackled much better.

Thought Phillips, WJ3, Bates, Bell and Sims looked good. Same with the Linebackers. Wilson and ADG looked good, Wilson was great.

ADG got beat on one play that was an incompletion that could of been a TD but he made up for it later.

(10-01-2020, 06:06 PM)Tony Wrote: I'll say this.. you couldn't get much closer to 2-1 without actually doing it... Bengals Football in a nutshell..

We have the players to be 3-0. The coaching is clearly the reason we are not. 

This QB is too good for us to not win a game yet this season. Tough as nails with this shit right side of the O-line.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 06:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: And they could still be 0-2-1.

Geno Atkins was on the team last season, and we started the year 0-11.  We finished 2-14.  So you can't argue that his presence alone wins you games.

What I find most amazing about this comment, is the complete disregard that others teams are missing players too.  Many are much worse off.

-The team we just played, The Eagles, we're already down Alshon Jeffrey and Jalen Reagor, and then lost both Desean Jackson, and Dallas Goedert in the first half.  They were without 4 of the top 5 weapons.  So if we get back Geno, do they get back all of these guys?

-The 49'ers were missing the following players against the Giants:  Jimmy Garoppalo (QB1), Raheem Motsert (RB1), Deebo Samuel (WR1), George Kittle (TE1), and Nick Bosa (Defensive Rookie of the Year/Pro Bowler).  They still proceed to win 36-9.

-The Patriots had 8 players opt out due to Covid, including 4 starters.  They're 2-1.

-The Saints have been without Michael Thomas, the Panthers are without Christian McCaffrey, the Titans are without AJ Brown.  All of these guys are pure studs, and all are in their prime.

What you've essentially established in your argument is  that, if we have all of our players completely healthy, and we can take certain plays away, then we could be 3-0.

I got news for you, that logic applies to every single team in the league.  If every team could magically remove bad plays, bad luck, and have everyone healthy, then could probabaly win all of the time.

But it doesn't work that way.  Guys get hurt.  And guys a lot better than a 32 year Geno Atkins.  And all teams have bad plays, they may miss an easy kick from time to time, they may give up a last second TD.

You can't just apply this type of thinking to only our team, while completely ignoring every other team in the league.

So, no, we are the record we shoud be. 0-2-1.  And, all things considered, we've actually been luckier than a lot of other teams out there.  Our record is what is, and there's no could've or should've in the league.  Period.
My main point is that Geno and Reader should compliment one another,as well as opening plays for the Linebackers,,,,equals greater pressure on the Quarterback.I like this combination,along with Daniels.Hopefully it works out to getting more pressure and stuffing the run game.
Reply/Quote
Neither team is good at football so it should be interesting to watch. I’ll say Jags 23 Bengals 20. Joe gets us the lead, Bengals defense promptly falls apart and gives it right back as usual
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, they looked good against the Eagles honestly besides the couple penalties and Bates tackled much better.

Thought Phillips, WJ3, Bates, Bell and Sims looked good. Same with the Linebackers. Wilson and ADG looked good, Wilson was great.

ADG got beat on one play that was an incompletion that could of been a TD but he made up for it later.

We have the players to be 3-0. The coaching is clearly the reason we are not. 

This QB is too good for us to not win a game yet this season. Tough as nails with this shit right side of the O-line.

Is there a RG and RT on this team I was unaware of??!?!!?

Reply/Quote
If somehow we figure out how to block then Bengals 24 Jags 21, Fat Randy redeems his calfs with a game winner in The Jungle this time from 48 yards.

(If we can't figure out how to block then Jags 28 Bengals 21 with the last TD coming in garbage time just so some can say "we only lost by one score")
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen will have a 2-3 sack game and we will continue to talk about the level of competition our poor OT’s have to keep going up against.

Reply/Quote