Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs. Packers Thursday Injury Report
Information 
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/10/7/22715298/bengals-packers-injury-report-news-tee-higgins-trey-hopkins-jaire-alexander

Quote:Trey Hopkins missed another practice with his knee issue after it was believed his Wednesday absence was only a veteran’s rest day. If Hopkins is out, rookie Trey Hill figures to make his first start at center, so this is a significant development to watch for Cincinnati against a stout Packers frontline.
Quote:Mixon, who’s dealing with an ankle injury, missed Thursday’s practice after sitting out Wednesday. With him likely being inactive Sunday, the Bengals will be giving extended touches to veteran Samaje Perine and rookie Chris Evans.
Quote:Chidobe Awuzie was limited for a second-straight day, so he’s no lock to play Sunday. Fellow starting cornerback Trae Waynes was limited today with a hamstring issue after not being on the injury report Wednesday. Waynes injured both of his hamstrings in August and missed the first three regular-season games.
Quote:
For Green Bay, star cornerback Jaire Alexander remains sidelined with a shoulder injury, so his chances of playing Sunday don’t look promising.

Starting center Josh Myers missed a second-straight practice with a finger injury.
Starting left tackle Elgton Jenkins was limited with an ankle issue after not practicing Wednesday.
[Image: ir.jpg]

Tiger WhoDey2
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bro. Love the signature!

Carry on…..
Reply/Quote
The Pack's pass D is garbage with (All Pro) Alexander, if he's out and Mixon's out, we should throw about 78 times.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:15 PM)Whacked Wrote: Bro. Love the signature!

Carry on…..

Thank you very much!
It's funny that you brought that up. I've been working on an updated post Dalton/Green era signature and finally finished it. It's nothing special, all done with a photo editor on my phone. 

Tiger WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Pack's pass D is garbage with (All Pro) Alexander, if he's out and Mixon's out, we should throw about 78 times.

This. Spread them out in empty and go to town.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Pack's pass D is garbage with (All Pro) Alexander, if he's out and Mixon's out, we should throw about 78 times.

I'm asking these questions purely out of ignorance and curiosity. 
How is GB pass rush this season?
How did Trey Hill look in preseason?

Tiger WhoDey2
Reply/Quote

I have a feeling you are gonna se alot of #25 and he's gonna get a bunch of check downs and screens..
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 11:35 PM)Tony Wrote: I have a feeling you are gonna se alot of #25 and he's gonna get a bunch of check downs and screens..

Sounds good. I'm ready to see what this kid has. I've been underwhelmed with Perine and wishing Jaques Patrick was still here. 

Tiger WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32354086/packers-reach-agreement-lb-jaylon-smith-1-year-deal

Quote:LaFleur said it was unlikely Smith would play Sunday at the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tiger WhoDey2
Reply/Quote

Better to do it at home than on the road. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 12:05 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Better to do it at home than on the road. 

Agreed. And hopefully the noise of The Jungle frustrates Rodgers and induces some offensive penalties. If you're lucky enough to be going Sunday, make it hard on the visitors please!

Tiger WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
If Hopkins can't go that puts 2 rookies on the interior line....who is the running back could be a moot point

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 12:25 AM)pally Wrote: If Hopkins can't go that puts 2 rookies on the interior line....who is the running back could be a moot point

Worrisome indeed. Anyone have anything to add about Trey Hill and his play in the preseason? I didn't get to see any games. 

Tiger WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:13 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/10/7/22715298/bengals-packers-injury-report-news-tee-higgins-trey-hopkins-jaire-alexander

[Image: ir.jpg]

Tiger WhoDey2

Yes, I too love the sig, but I just got finished posting all this optimism about the defense and now I see Awuzie and Waynes are both limited again?  Well, shit.
Reply/Quote
Wink

(10-07-2021, 11:12 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Thank you very much!
It's funny that you brought that up. I've been working on an updated post Dalton/Green era signature and finally finished it. It's nothing special, all done with a photo editor on my phone. 

Tiger WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 11:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: This. Spread them out in empty and go to town.

Really don't like the five wide sets.  I like four wides and an RB for pass protection or the check down.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 11:29 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Really don't like the five wide sets.  I like four wides and an RB for pass protection or the check down.

By putting the HB out wide in empty the QB gets an immediate indicator of man or zone, this is why you go empty with a HB on the field. When we say empty we aren't talking 5 WR's, in fact it's usually 11 personnel but how you align them is a huge offensive advantage. This is actually why Burrow loves empty because he knows almost immediately the coverage which allows him to know pre snap what he needs to do. 

Empty is good if you have the personnel to run it. We do and should use it often. I'd like to see them run more motion off it, including motioning the HB from wide to shotgun. This accomplishes a similar thing as setting them wide but bring back in a run threat from time to time. 
Reply/Quote