Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Raiders Spread
Bengals are currently -5 vs the Raiders.

I was going to play a little bet on another forum I use for gaming, for like gaming items/currency...so not real money.

Was just curious if anyone else is going to be betting on the game, or general thoughts on the spread.

I was hoping it would be Cincinnati -3 or -3.5.

Cheers & as always... WHO DEY!!

Tiger -magikod Tiger
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
The line opened at -6.5

Better obviously are going for the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The line opened at -6.5

Glad it is currently at -5.
I def don't like -6.5
Reply/Quote
I’ll probably get tomatoes thrown at me for this but I usually pay a “victory tax.” If the bengals are favored or go up during the game I’ll place a moneyline bet on the other team. Basically I ask myself how much I’m willing to “pay” to see them with that particular game.

That said, I’m not doing it this time. I’d be willing to pay too damn much for this one and the warden is not down with it.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:00 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’ll probably get tomatoes thrown at me for this but I usually pay a “victory tax.” If the bengals are favored or go up during the game I’ll place a moneyline bet on the other team. Basically I ask myself how much I’m willing to “pay” to see them with that particular game.

That said, I’m not doing it this time. I’d be willing to pay too damn much for this one and the warden is not down with it.

Hilarious Hilarious

I know what you mean tho. 
Reply/Quote
I keep seeing it at -5.5. I don’t bet but I’m always curious.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 07:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I keep seeing it at -5.5. I don’t bet but I’m always curious.

If it stays at -5 or goes lower I'm gonna bet a little. Not going all-in with the spread unless it was straight up bet.
Reply/Quote
With a spread of -5, Vegas is giving Cincinnati a 78% chance of victory.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 08:18 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: With a spread of -5, Vegas is giving Cincinnati a 78% chance of victory.

Our offense scored 84 more points than theirs.

Our defense allowed 63 fewer points than theirs.

We went 4-2 against playoff teams while they went 3-3.

We are playing at home.

We should be a big favorite.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our offense scored 84 more points than theirs.

We are playing at home.

Who Dey!! 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:00 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’ll probably get tomatoes thrown at me for this but I usually pay a “victory tax.” If the bengals are favored or go up during the game I’ll place a moneyline bet on the other team. Basically I ask myself how much I’m willing to “pay” to see them with that particular game.

I don’t disagree, I’ve never done it, but I feel like if you bet against your team then it’s a win /win. If the bengals win, so be it and I am happy to pay $60, $100, whatever. On the other hand, If they lose, you at least can cover a dinner.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:33 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I don’t disagree, I’ve never done it, but I feel like if you bet against your team then it’s a win /win. If the bengals win, so be it and I am happy to pay $60, $100, whatever. On the other hand, If they lose, you at least can cover a dinner.

How’d you lose your house?

Bengals went 14-3 and won the Super Bowl. Champs baby!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I am not betting on the game, but the Raiders will make it close. We are not sure which Joe Burrow shows up. I hope the good one.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I am not betting on the game, but the Raiders will make it close. We are not sure which Joe Burrow shows up. I hope the good one.

Yeah I def feel like this game will be a close one.

I'm thinking the scores are within a touchdown of each other.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The line opened at -6.5

Not surprising, as I'm sure many are looking at our recent playoff record.

That said, it's an entirely new staff and players since then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our offense scored 84 more points than theirs.

We are playing at home.

You can point to a lot of stats about the Raiders that suggest that they haven't played like a playoff worthy team for the entire season:

The Raiders have been outscored by their opponents this season. The Raiders have generated the exact same amount of first downs as their opponents have. For all of the hoopla about Ngackwe and Crosby, the Raiders have given up more sacks than they have registered this year.

Of course this doesn't take into account whether they have improved throughout the season or if they are "hot." To rip off four in a row right at the end of the season suggests that they may be overcoming some of their inconsistencies from earlier in the year. After losing their HC and WR, it is impressive that they have racked up 10 wins.
Reply/Quote

I've been doing this for years!!!

NEVER have I wanted to win money. The playoff loss to the Chargers got me big bucks. I put a lot of money on Chargers. Wish I lost. 

I'll be putting money down on the Raiders about an hour before the game. 
Reply/Quote
LMAO I was thinking game day food when I saw this thread. So I’ll go there. I’m fixing Frozen Margaritas and fantastic fajitas. I buy Trader Joe’s fire roasted peppers and onions and cook them in a skillet at medium heat for about 3 minutes Then I cook a fantastic marinated skirt steak done by my butcher in the skillet. This takes 10 minutes tops. I have fresh pico de gallo, avocado and cheese etc. I’ll do it at half time.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 01:57 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO I was thinking game day food when I saw this thread. So I’ll go there. I’m fixing Frozen Margaritas and fantastic fajitas. I buy Trader Joe’s fire roasted peppers and onions and cook them in a skillet at medium heat for about 3 minutes  Then I cook a fantastic marinated skirt steak done by my butcher in the skillet. This takes 10 minutes tops. I have fresh pico de gallo, avocado and cheese etc. I’ll do it at half time.

HAHA

That does sound bomb! 

I am making up some ribeye steaks, lamb chops, brussels sprouts and purple mini-potatoes.

For a spread thats really good cranberry cheese spread from ALDI's is amazing. I know it sounds a bit weird, but it goes amazing with crackers or whatever you normally use. And I'm not really a fan of cranberries in general either.

Who Dey!!!  Rock On Tiger
Reply/Quote
Every app on my phone says 4.5 now!

I wanted to bet the world on it when it was 6.5!

I'm not saying I bet through a bookie, but bookies in Greater Cincinnati are going to lose a lot of money on this game!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote