Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals vs Ravens Predictions
I don't see this yet and I go back a few pages. Of course there has been a bye week, so maybe it goes way back. Or it could be these things are just becoming pointless in 2019. Still, there are some pounding their chest like Tarzan as Finley enters the game. So lets do it. Your predictions for 0-8 Bengals against play-off bound and maybe Super Bowl bound Ravens.

I'll say that I like that the old Cleveland Browns now the Baltimore Ravens still run the ball, and the influence of Cleveland Brown Ozzie Newsome and his Family in the Front Office is more like Paul Brown than anybody in Bengals. Much like Otto Graham, Ken Anderson, Boomer, they have QB run plays. They also still have inside runners as Motley, Jim Brown, Phillips, Boobie, Pete Johnson, Kinnebrew, Ickey. They have outside runners like Paul Robinson, Elliott, Archie Griffin, Alexander, James Brooks.

So as NFL has became weak & touch football, the Ravens have went back to Smash Mouth tough football and the other teams aren't built to stop it. The runners up the gut or the runners outside set up the QB Keep or vice versa. Then if you defend the run, that leaves the TE wide open on the old Gangster Right or Left. If the D cheats and comes up to get the QB, he just hits open TE. If they cover the TE, the QB has room to run. Add in the WR's and a good O Line and no team in NFL is ready for the Ravens. I've seen it before and it's just good old school Smash Mouth. The Pistol is nothing more than putting RB's and FB's behind the QB as teams use to so runners could get a head of steam, as opposed to RB standing next to QB flat footed.

I like the Baltimore offense because it is old school Smash Mouth. Our Wilbur Wright High School team in 1971 won Dayton City with a black QB that could run & throw named Lewis, run the ball with Cookie Conley and if the D came in to stop the run, the TE was wide open. Paul Brown used this. Bill Walsh used this. The John Elway Super Bowl team used this. Teams are so weak now in NFL, The Ravens Old School is taking the NFL by surprise. Since Bengals have weakest tackling team in NFL, the Bengals have less chance than anybody.

People remembering Flacco of Super Bowl rings, this isn't Flacco. This Ravens Offense goes out there to run over you. No rinky dink trying to trick you. Just old Smash Mouth and saying here we come, and you can't do a thing about it. Yes, Ravens have a great run & pass QB, but teams thinking that's all there is, well, there is much more besides him. If I'm not mistaken his back-up QB can run & pass also. This team comes out to give teams a bloody nose in Smash Mouth, and if Patriots Defense couldn't man up, Bengals sure can't.

Also the Ravens D is tough every year and this year no exception. Look for Bengals to take a beating on both sides of the ball. I mean a beating, not just on the scoreboard. Look for Bengals to be carried off the field. Ravens on offense and defense are coming in to punch Bengals in the nose, and that is just what they will do to our 0-8, soon to be 0-9 team. The Ravens play Old School Smash Mouth and they are good at it. The Bengals are built to play Touch Footy Ball like a computer game. The Ravens are built to play Tackle Football Smash Mouth Old School. If the Bengals want to win any year in the future, they will learn and copy how Baltimore beats the heck out of them.

The Bengals are 1-15 over the last 16 games and they aren't ready for no Ravens. Now if Ravens make 7 or 8 turnovers as the 79 Steelers did losing to a weak Bengals team, but odds are against that.

Forget the Ravens QB a second. I don't think Bengals D can stop Ravens TE. A RB the Ravens don't use much is Edwards and if Edwards has a big game against Bengals it won't surprise me. Their O Line, their WR's. OK, now lets add in the Ravens QB. Then on other side of ball we got a version of the Rams offense with rookie QB in his first game and no blocking and no nothing against Ravens D. Andy Dalton may end up glad he is on the bench in this one, as the rookie now takes all those hits. If AJ Green plays the Bengals one chance may be Dalton to Green & Boyd & Eifert, but LA ZAC is going with the Rook, lol.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If I were the Ravens, I would put in their scrub back up QB. i'm serious.
Reply/Quote
Wrote a book and didn't make a prediction lol
Reply/Quote
70-3 Ravens

Lamar runs for 1000 yards and 10 TDS
Reply/Quote
Ravens 42
Bungles 17
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ravens 31-10
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ravens - win
Bengals - significantly less win
Reply/Quote
This team is going 0-16.

Green gets a new injury in the 1st quarter and is out the remainder of the season. Finley is pulled for Dolegala in the 2nd quarter who is then pulled for the Stormtrooper Bengal guy in the stands because Turner finally figures out that only full body armor will allow any QB behind this line to survive.
Reply/Quote
Ravens get caught napping, Bengals 17 Ravens 16.
Reply/Quote
Ravens 38

Bengals 10

Zac Taylor talks about how Finley did some things well but was his 1st game so will need more games to gain the experience and knowledge going forward. He will also deflect all follow up Dalton questions because people will ask if Dalton will be renamed starter at some point.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:31 PM)shuffle Wrote: Ravens get caught napping, Bengals 17 Ravens 16.

Drugs are bad
Reply/Quote
Quarter back sets rushing records for QB and running back. Mike brown still makes a crap load of money even with an empty stadium. Or filled with ravens fans. Zach T says he is real happy with the way the guys fought. We are going to really enjoy the ride once it clicks. I hope it is this week end but history with this team after the bye is not good. Sorry did not look up # just seams that way.

New Dey
Reply/Quote
ML teams played Ravens tough. I predict ZT team gets roughed up by Ravens. Finley disappoints in debut even when Green and Glenn play again.

Ravens 34
Bengals 13
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24- Ravens 21
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson is regressing back to what he was last year, a run-first QB. He's thrown for 163 yards or less in 3 of his last 4 games with 2 TD/3 INT over that span.

Sadly for the Bengals, the Ravens have still won all 4 games while averaging 29 points scored. They are the 1st scoring offense and the 16th scoring defense. The Bengals are 29th and 24th, respectively.

Bengals have the 32nd ranked rushing defense (177.6 per game) and a full 26.8 yards per game worse than the 31st ranked rushing defense.

- - - - - - -

Ravens: 38
Bengals: 10

Lamar Jackson throws for less than 120 yards, and only completes 2 passes to WRs as they just run all over the Bengals D with some RB/TE passes mixed in here and there. Jackson and Ingram both rush for 150+ yards and 2 TDs (each). Bengals score a late-ish 4th quarter TD while down either 31 to 3 or 35 to 3.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ravens run, then run some more and just be different, they run even more. 40 to 20 time of possession ratio.

Bengals score 10 points, 7 in garbage time.

Ravens score a bunch.

Reply/Quote
Seems like everyone forgot the final score of their first game was 23-17. I think this will be a lot closer than you think. Ravens still win 27-24.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Heres a professional prediction on Sundays fight against the Ravens

Sundays Consensus on Bengals Playing Ravens
Reply/Quote
I actually think this game will be close, at first. There will be a bit of energy in the air with the new QB. But then the Ravens ability to run the ball against the shower curtain defense will just be to much. We'll score a garbage time TD to make it seem closer than it really was.

Ravens 30
Bengals 24
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:31 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Seems like everyone forgot the final score of their first game was 23-17. I think this will be a lot closer than you think. Ravens still win 27-24.

Bengals are good at scoring garbage time TD's, making a few games appear closer than they were. 

I can see Finley injecting a little energy in the offense at first. Wouldn't be surprised to see a quick start. But unless Vigil and Brown found some speed during the bye week, they have no chance to stop the Ravens rushing attack. 

Ravens win 34-17
Reply/Quote