Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs. Refs
After watching the Redskins literally get robbed tonight against the Cowboys you can't tell me the NFL isn't rigged for certain teams and situations. Redskins are 6-4, Cowboys 5-5. League office wants to"tighten" up the race for WC so they did it with 2 calls NOT called against Dallas. An obvious PI not called that ended up an interception and a helmet to helmet hit against Skins TE #86. Both resulted in Dallas TD's I believe and killed good Redskin drives. Same could easily happen with Sundays game. Bengals 5-5, Browns 3-6-1. A win for the Browns would tighten things up nicely in the division for TV.

Same thing ruined NASCAR, fake cautions for a hot dog wrapper on the backstretch when a certain car is leading.Or a fake caution flag when one car is leading by 5 car lengths with 5 laps to go. Gotta bunch it up for the big wrecks that TV viewers love to see. It's all about the big TV $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and who really controls things.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 11:53 PM)J.Moore Wrote: After watching the Redskins literally get robbed tonight against the Cowboys you can't tell me the NFL isn't rigged for certain teams and situations. Redskins are 6-4, Cowboys 5-5. League office wants to"tighten" up the race for WC so they did it with 2 calls NOT called against Dallas. An obvious PI not called that ended up an interception and a helmet to helmet hit against Skins TE #86. Both resulted in Dallas TD's I believe and killed good Redskin drives. Same could easily happen with Sundays game. Bengals 5-5, Browns 3-6-1. A win for the Browns would tighten things up nicely in the division for TV.

Same thing ruined NASCAR, fake cautions for a hot dog wrapper on the backstretch when a certain car is leading.Or a fake caution flag when one car is leading by 5 car lengths with 5 laps to go. Gotta bunch it up for the big wrecks that TV viewers love to see. It's all about the big TV $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and who really controls things.

How many people in the US do you think actually give a rat's ass about the Browns/Bengals game?  I'll give you a hint, a very small percentage..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We are 5-5 because we need a lot of work. Had we lost to KC or NO by a bad call, I might have bought into it. We are just not that good right now.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 11:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How many people in the US do you think actually give a rat's ass about the Browns/Bengals game?  I'll give you a hint, a very small percentage..

The Browns get far more press coverage than the Bungles ever do even in dead last place year in, year out.. The Browns rising in the standings is front page news and the Bengals are the favored whipping boy of the press. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
'How many people in the US do you think actually give a rat's ass about the Browns/Bengals game?  I'll give you a hint, a very small percentage..'

That may be true, but the point is the outcome of games are and have been manipulated to favor certain teams and situations.
Plenty of posts here about that very fact. Enough folks here seem to give a rats ass about the game. I just happen to be watching the game after dinner and the refs obvious "no calls" was a bit much. Dallas was going to win that game in Dallas on Thanksgiving says the league.

So anyway, Sunday it is Bengals vs. Browns/Refs.  Wink
Reply/Quote
We are already complaining that a game vs the Browns is rigged to make us lose? Geez, we've hit rock bottom and we aren't even under .500 yet. I recall people giving some pretty compelling reasons the opener vs the Colts was rigged against us. We won, but I guess that doesn't make us feel stupid for claiming the contest was rigged.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 11:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are 5-5 because we need a lot of work. Had we lost to KC or NO by a bad call, I might have bought into it. We are just not that good right now.

Yes, I realize that, I watched both the blowouts, a couple bad calls would have made no difference at all. I'm just saying the Refs can control the outcome of these games as directed by the league office and the Bengals are no favorites of the refs or the league office. Bengals get a few calls their way at times but too many times they don't.  

I used to think it was nonsense too but usually wherever there is BIG money there are hands and fingers controlling the outcome so that the folks that supply the BIG money are happy with their investment and that usually leads to certain endings/finishes the money men are happy with.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We are already complaining that a game vs the Browns is rigged to make us lose?  Geez, we've hit rock bottom and we aren't even under .500 yet.  I recall people giving some pretty compelling reasons the opener vs the Colts was rigged against us.  We won, but I guess that doesn't make us feel stupid for claiming the contest was rigged.

I never said it was rigged, I said it could easily happen. Not tryin to start shyt, I hope Bengals come out strong and finish strong and win by 14. But I think they will have their hands full all day.
Reply/Quote
I’ve not ruled out ref involvement in fixing games J.M. However, just stating when it comes to the Bengals, we usually take care of that for them. I seen the helmet to helmet on Reed. No way you miss that stuff.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:30 AM)J.Moore Wrote: I never said it was rigged, I said it could easily happen. Not tryin to start shyt, I hope Bengals come out strong and finish strong and win by 14. But I think they will have their hands full all day.

If the Bengals win by 14 we're going to have to open an investigation into the refs screwing over the Browns, though.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:02 AM)grampahol Wrote: The Browns get far more press coverage than the Bungles ever do even in dead last place year in, year out.. The Browns rising in the standings is front page news and the Bengals are the favored whipping boy of the press. 

You're totally missing my point.  The US has a population of what, about 330 Million?  Ohio has a population of what, maybe 11-12 Million?  Of those people in Ohio, maybe half actually care about either team.  Thus, a very, very small percentage of the US cares about the Browns/Bengals game.  Why do you think it's never going to be the National Broadcast game?  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're totally missing my point.  The US has a population of what, about 330 Million?  Ohio has a population of what, maybe 11-12 Million?  Of those people in Ohio, maybe half actually care about either team.  Thus, a very, very small percentage of the US cares about the Browns/Bengals game.  Why do you think it's never going to be the National Broadcast game?  

I think the fact that neither team has done anything of note in 30 years helps fuel the "no one cares" aspect of it.  The Steelers and Patriots aren't popular because 70% of football fans live within shouting distance of southwestern PA or New England.
Reply/Quote
We are 5-5 because this team is a bleeding pig. Refs have nothing to do with it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:49 AM)Big Boss Wrote: We are 5-5 because this team is a bleeding pig.  Refs have nothing to do with it.

The way I see it, we lose mostly because Mike Brown doesn't care to win.  If the NFL is set to favor certain teams, then we lose because Mike Brown doesn't care to win by doing what teams that are given the divine favor of the refs do to get it.

EDIT: By the way, we seem to be ignoring the fact that the Bears and Cowboys won yesterday and that they are teams that made big moves to get players like Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper to help them get a leg-up in their division races. The Bears were 5-11 last year and the Cowboys had zero receiving threats, and they both made moves that either made them better teams OR made the NFL decide that they wanted to help them cheat to win this year for some reason. Draw your own conclusions.

So basically, the Cowboys traded a 1st round pick for a WR who had 180 yards and 2 TDs yesterday and we are supposed to conclude that they won because the NFL is rigged for them to win? Meh.

Also, I saw some Raiders message board complaining that the NFL never cared about Mack until he left the Raiders (whom they say the NFL hates and rigs games again) and went to the Bears, whom the NFL loves and rigs games for.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 11:53 PM)J.Moore Wrote: After watching the Redskins literally get robbed tonight against the Cowboys you can't tell me the NFL isn't rigged for certain teams and situations. Redskins are 6-4, Cowboys 5-5. League office wants to"tighten" up the race for WC so they did it with 2 calls NOT called against Dallas. An obvious PI not called that ended up an interception and a helmet to helmet hit against Skins TE #86. Both resulted in Dallas TD's I believe and killed good Redskin drives. Same could easily happen with Sundays game. Bengals 5-5, Browns 3-6-1. A win for the Browns would tighten things up nicely in the division for TV.

The NFL has so many close games due to parity that any one game can be changed by 1 bad call, so in games when there are 3 or 4 bad calls it does give the perception the game is rigged. Either refs are being paid off by gamblers or the league is involved as you suggested.

I told my wife yesterday the Cowboys are America's team and need a win to stay in contention, they will get 2 to 3 key calls to help them win the game. I was wrong, there were at least 5 or 6 key bad calls that made sure Dallas won and the Redskins lost.

The NFL is rigged, it is obvious when you look at other games like Washington and Dallas yesterday.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This thread isn’t worth responding to.

Oops I just did.
Reply/Quote
The Cowboys were legitimately screwed out of a trip to the NFC championship game recently, and now we are concluding that the NFL is actually cheating on their behalf? Man oh man.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:07 AM)J.Moore Wrote: 'How many people in the US do you think actually give a rat's ass about the Browns/Bengals game?  I'll give you a hint, a very small percentage..'

That may be true, but the point is the outcome of games are and have been manipulated to favor certain teams and situations.
Plenty of posts here about that very fact. Enough folks here seem to give a rats ass about the game. I just happen to be watching the game after dinner and the refs obvious "no calls" was a bit much. Dallas was going to win that game in Dallas on Thanksgiving says the league.

So anyway, Sunday it is Bengals vs. Browns/Refs.  Wink

So missed tackles, lack of execution and bad play calling have nothing to do with it? That's a relief.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:30 AM)J.Moore Wrote: I never said it was rigged, I said it could easily happen. Not tryin to start shyt, I hope Bengals come out strong and finish strong and win by 14. But I think they will have their hands full all day.

I've given this analogy a couple times before and maybe it doesn't make as much sense to others as it does me but here goes:

I don't think for a second the NFL is outright rigged, there's to many people involved, to many sponsors, on and on, however.

Do you think Tony Gwynn and Joe Schmoe just up from the minors had the same strike zone ? Pete Rose and rookie X ? Kirby Puckett and Bench player C ?

I guarantee they didn't ! The great hitters get respect it's human nature. Joe Blow off the bench gets rung the hell up - STRIKE 3, you're out. Until the Bengals earn some respect by overcoming and winning we're going to stay Joe Blow of the bench. And for that matter all the other loser teams. We have to go up there swinging and change the narrative. 

The Steelers, Patriots, Saints, and so on get the slight little benefit of the doubt that we don't. It's not the refs that beat us, we beat ourselves.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the NFL is rigged. I don't believe the refs are told to fix games or try to fix games on their own.

I just think the refs are not competent enough to call games like they should. The NFL needs to make some major changes to officiating to improve its quality incorporating things like full time refs and current technology.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote