Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs. Refs
(11-23-2018, 12:30 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’ve not ruled out ref involvement in fixing games J.M. However, just stating when it comes to the Bengals, we usually take care of that for them. I seen the helmet to helmet on Reed. No way you miss that stuff.

Or the facemask on Colt McCoy.....QB safety my ass.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:54 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Or the facemask on Colt McCoy.....QB safety my ass.

I think I missed that play, but I trust your view. It’s truly hard to tell anymore if a ref misses a call or chooses to look the other way. I know Reed was ticked off and extremely close to ejection.

Reply/Quote
I didnt watch the game but i believe it and i do believe the nfl already decides who they want to win. And you just cant beat the refs. The nfl knows They can easy manupulate games by no calls and calls they do make. People are living in lala land who thinks theres nothing corrupt going on.
Reply/Quote
Another thing i noticed idk if it would really do any good but if you look up micd coaches of tomlin and bill they argue the refs,they make a scene. Marvin never does. I think you have to have a coach like that. Marvin seems to have the approach well thats unfortunate.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 01:54 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Another thing i noticed idk if it would really do any good but if you look up micd coaches of tomlin and bill they argue the refs,they make a scene. Marvin never does. I think you have to have a coach like that. Marvin seems to have the approach well thats unfortunate.

I've always thought Marvins lack of argueing with the refs was because doing so directly contradicts his philosophy. His entire mantra is 'do your job', and arguing with the ref is outside of his view of what a head coach should be doing. I agree with you, the coach has to work the refs at least a little. However, in Marvin's mind, it's not his job. His job is to get the team prepped for Sunday and to have things running smoothly. 

Do your job!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 01:54 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Another thing i noticed idk if it would really do any good but if you look up micd coaches of tomlin and bill they argue the refs,they make a scene. Marvin never does. I think you have to have a coach like that. Marvin seems to have the approach well thats unfortunate.

Nagy went batshit crazy on the refs yesterday when they threw a flag for what appeared to be Allen Robinson executing an illegal pick on the play where one of their running backs caught a TD.  They picked up the flag and the TD stood.
Reply/Quote
It is always best to fix up your own situation before counting on external factors as reasons for not succeeding.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 02:33 PM)samhain Wrote: Nagy went batshit crazy on the refs yesterday when they threw a flag for what appeared to be Allen Robinson executing an illegal pick on the play where one of their running backs caught a TD.  They picked up the flag and the TD stood.

On replay I actually thought they should not have picked up the flag.  Romo pointed out how he picked his hands up to look like he was "expecting" the ball to come to him and that sold the refs, but it was clear in the replay when he made his "cut" he adjusted his direction to directly pick the DB.

It's actually a major concern that the NFL needs to address, as they are already skewing things against the defense so badly that picks, blocking down field, holding, and pushing off absolutely have to be called in every instance.  If they do not, they are going to eventually run out of players as young players will not want to play on defense when they will always come out on the losing end of the rules...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't think the NFL is rigged. I don't believe the refs are told to fix games or try to fix games on their own.

I just think the refs are not competent enough to call games like they should. The NFL needs to make some major changes to officiating to improve its quality incorporating things like full time refs and current technology.

Forgive me that I don’t know, surprising that the refs are not full time. Over here in the Premier League the refs went full time awhile and I do believe it improved standards. Strange the NFL doesn’t do it.
Reply/Quote
It's not easy being a referee, as a spectator I miss all the calls when I watch it live because there are 10 hot spots happening at the same time in full speed. Thanks to the analysts who have a good eye and also replay, I'm able to see afterwards many of the things I missed.. "ohh I see..." "no way!" etc..etc..
That's the way it is, with replay they should have called out the helmet to helmet hit. That should not be ignored.
Reply/Quote