Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs SB Team
(04-23-2021, 11:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This thread isn't about the trade itself. It's about the difference in mindsets and priorities in the FO. The Bengals have a large problem, the same problem they've had for 4 years now. They've made little effort to solve that problem, while teams with a fraction of the cap space and a fraction of the draft capital are doing so much more.

Like others have said it just isn’t a comparable situation. You want to make this point we have to go back in time to 2015 or whenever it was that we had a really good team with a few holes and instead of using our draft picks on them we got cute and started drafting replacements (Ogbuehi) for our all star caliber players like whitworth who were still under contract. Our window was open then and the FO blew it by not going all in like the Chiefs have to solve the holes we had.

On top of that we blew the picks anyway which further screwed our chances of even remaining competitive these last 5 years.

How the Bengals operate with a bad roster can’t/shouldn’t be compared to the Chiefs current situation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 02:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Starting Linemen added:

Orlando Brown

Joe Thuney

Kyle Long

Austin Blythe

I'd say yes.

Opinions will vary I guess, Joe Thuney is the only upgrade; meanwhile they got worse at RT, C. LT. I say they got worse and damn sure shouldn't be pointed to as an example of upgrade.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 11:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Opinions will vary I guess, Joe Thuney is the only upgrade; meanwhile they got worse at RT, C. LT. I say they got worse and damn sure shouldn't be pointed to as an example of upgrade.

Opinions are always going to vary on here. LOL

The PFF grades are all pretty similar, but one thing can't be questioned. The Chiefs identified a problem and took major action. They basically swapped out their entire line...and their line wasn't nearly as bad as ours.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote