Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals vs. Steelers Around The Horn
People in sports media outside Cincinnati who actually get it...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5WVoUyFaeY&feature=youtu.be

[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Goedell and the NFL are closing their eyes to all of this. What a joke.
Reply/Quote
Small market team, nobody cares
Reply/Quote
Good thing you got video proof, because this may never see air time again. The NFL driven Steeler agenda will try to bury any objection that goes against the narrative.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Good thing you got video proof, because this may never see air time again. The NFL driven Steeler agenda will try to bury any objection that goes against the narrative.

That's about right.
Almost everything I've heard or read on this game since Saturday evening has basically been telling me not to believe my lying eyes.  
Reply/Quote
The coverage has been so one-sided it's been hard to believe.  Shocked

Media bias at it's best. NFL officiating bias at it's worst. WTF

And outsiders wonder why we despise the Steelers so much....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All 5 of those guys just earned themselves a lifetime ban from ESPN and the NFL for actually spreading the truth.

Damn shame nobody else could see it in real time.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Nice.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:24 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: All 5 of those guys just earned themselves a lifetime ban from ESPN and the NFL for actually spreading the truth.

Damn shame nobody else could see it in real time.

Letters from NFL to the respective teams they cover will now have to restrict their access to the team and its players. They just got shunned.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:21 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The coverage has been so one-sided it's been hard to believe.  Shocked

Media bias at it's best. NFL officiating bias at it's worst. WTF

And outsiders wonder why we despise the Steelers so much....

It's far beyond rivalry now... It's absolute hate.  
There are other teams I don't like.  The Ravens are a division rivalry and I wouldn't cheer if Flacco got injured on a play (like he did).  But every time Roethlisberger or Bell or Brown or any of those guys go down, I not only get excited about it, but I get sad when they get up.  This hatred is born from a lifetime of Steeler thugs getting away with taking out Bengal players.  My first memory is Steelers almost decapitating Ken Anderson on MNF!  And the list goes on and on and on and on...
Reply/Quote
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone... Did I just watch that? Paige, Gutierrez, and Blackistone just got a lot of respect from me.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:07 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: People in sports media outside Cincinnati who actually get it...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5WVoUyFaeY&feature=youtu.be

That's about the fairest coverage of it that I've seen. Kudos to them.
Reply/Quote
They nailed it.

None said the Burfict hit was clean, but they all were smart enough to see the big picture.
Reply/Quote
There was enough 'hate' going into the game that the Bengals should have known better to allow themselves to be baited and then react. That's the failure to see the "big picture" that I take away from the mess. Even Marvin managed to gurgle out something on doing better about playing with poise/class. A new line item of disappointment when your favorite team has to be preached at on the subject of being an adult.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Wow there actually is still intelligent sports media out there, call me impressed.
Child please, kiss the baby.
Reply/Quote
And what will come of this?  Will five guys' opinions get the NFL to fix their whack product?  Will there be any sort of statement showing their disgust with the manufactured outcome?  Any vindication to the team that won the game but lost it because that's what those referees wanted?  Any accountability on behalf of those referees?  Nope.  

The Bengals were jobbed and the only NFL people that will every say it are a few of the Bengals players.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Thank's for sharing. This is what I have been thinking too. How do the refs miss those obvious calls in the Steelers favor coincidentally? They had time to review the really flagrant ones because Gio and Brown injury caused a stoppage. They missed the "unfortunate" targeting and decided not to throw a flag on Porter (who had no reason to be out there) but instead he got the game ball. Pacman was right! Horrible f**kin refs!
Reply/Quote
I had already watched it and have it bookmarked.

It's absolutely ridiculous how the NFL can just overlook everything because it's then Steelers.

There should be an investigation into this and the game should be forfeited to us, but it won't happen.

In instances like this, they should have been able to use replay, especially at times in the game that were this big, or the office in New York should have called in and stopped the game.

How many more times in my life will I get a chance to see a Bengals team that's this good and has the opportunity to do that much in the playoffs? Hopefully, a lot, but each opportunity lost is crushing.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They nailed it.

None said the Burfict hit was clean, but they all were smart enough to see the big picture.

Exactly right. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Nice to see there are still some people who kept perspective and can see the big picture for what it is.

Thanks for sharing!
Reply/Quote