Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals were in discussions for DeAndre Hopkins
Man, just the fact they were in the conversation...this off-season really has been different.  Mellow

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/03/19/deandre-hopkins-bengals-talked-trade-texans-per-report/2872973001/
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:27 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, just the fact they were in the conversation...this off-season really has been different.  Mellow

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/03/19/deandre-hopkins-bengals-talked-trade-texans-per-report/2872973001/

The hell you say. Since it didn't happen, I almost wish I didn't know this. But you're right about different. And it still isn't over. Hell, we haven't even gotten to when the Bengals usually act yet.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:27 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, just the fact they were in the conversation...this off-season really has been different.  Mellow

WhoDey2 Sitting here with my mouth hanging open... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow, didn't expect that at all. Wonder how far the talks went? Trying to imagine what picks and players would've been discussed.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:31 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Sitting here with my mouth hanging open... 

LOL.

The Bengals better be careful.  They keep this up, they're gonna start looking like a legit franchise.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:33 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Wow, didn't expect that at all. Wonder how far the talks went? Trying to imagine what picks and players would've been discussed.

Well, you could substitute Gio for David Johnson.  And all our picks are better than AZ's in any round.

It's probably good it didn't happen. Gotta keep those hospital beds available. Can't be filling them up with Bengal fans popping valves.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:34 AM)McC Wrote: Well, you could substitute Gio for David Johnson.  And all our picks are better than AZ's in any round.

It's probably good it didn't happen.  Gotta keep those hospital beds available.  Can't be filling them up with Bengal fans popping valves.

You'd think so, but we probably got another extension on the way for Gio.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:33 AM)McC Wrote: LOL.

The Bengals better be careful.  They keep this up, they're gonna start looking like a legit franchise.

It's going to be interesting to see what else they might do over the next few days.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:58 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's going to be interesting to see what else they might do over the next few days.

For sure.

I allowed myself thirty seconds of imagining Hopkins on one side and AJ on the other with Boyd in the slot.  It was a wonderful half a minute.  I wonder why it didn't happen.

Bottom line, though, it would sure seem to indicate an intent to set up the new rookie QB for success and it does point to not being done yet.

Reply/Quote
What did we offer that was worse than Arizona??

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What did we offer that was worse than Arizona??

Probably offered a third as opposed to a second? Or didn't offer a running back? Or O'Brien particularly likes David Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:33 AM)McC Wrote: ThumbsUp
LOL.

Reply/Quote
They were about to sign the deal, when the Texans heard we signed Reader. They got pissed and called the Cardinals instead. Hilarious
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Very interesting. Have to wonder if they planned on keeping AJ and Hopkins together, or replacing AJ with Hopkins. It would be expensive to keep AJ and Hopkins together it seems.

Loving the deep WR draft class though. I imagine we'll get one.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:37 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You'd think so, but we probably got another extension on the way for Gio.

I hate all the Gio shots. Yes, he is underutilized for what he makes, but if Mixon goes down Gio is a good backup to have. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:33 AM)McC Wrote: LOL.

Man, with all our shiny new toys, I would LOVE for this team to be the Hard Knocks choice this year.
Reply/Quote
I gotta assume that AJ would have been dealt if we got Hopkins. He’s about to get $100 million dollar deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 09:47 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I gotta assume that AJ would have been dealt if we got Hopkins. He’s about to get $100 million dollar deal.

I think this was a swap type deal as well. No way Hopkins and Green on same team due to huge contracts.

But, call me nuts, I have we go sign Antonio Brown on the cheap and take our chances. A low no risk contract is worth the risk. Who cares about our reputation? It is already in the gutter with our own fans who call us names, so why should character matter versus win baby win.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think this was a swap type deal as well. No way Hopkins and Green on same team due to huge contracts.

But, call me nuts, I have we go sign Antonio Brown on the cheap and take our chances. A low no risk contract is worth the risk. Who cares about our reputation? It is already in the gutter with our own fans who call us names, so why should character matter versus win baby win.

Hell no. Guy is a despicable human being. You watch that video with his kid’s mom? I don’t want to have to root for that POS.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell no. Guy is a despicable human being. You watch that video with his kid’s mom? I don’t want to have to root for that POS.

But our fans already think the team is a POS, so grab guys to have a self fulfilling prophecy  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote