Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals will draft Joe Mixon... (Prediction)
The way the Bengals have been looking at him, being one of 4 teams having a private meeting before his pro day and also him visiting Cincinnati.

I think that Mixon gets drafted in the 2nd round by us, he has off the field issues for sure and made a mistake at age 18 but this man is the best running back in the class.

I would be alright with taking him if the Bengals see that he's changed and matured.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 12:41 PM)milksheikh Wrote: The way the Bengals have been looking at him, being one of 4 teams having a private meeting before his pro day and also him visiting Cincinnati.

I think that Mixon gets drafted in the 2nd round by us, he has off the field issues for sure and made a mistake at age 18 but this man is the best running back in the class.

I would be alright with taking him if the Bengals see that he's changed and matured.

I can't see them taking him in the 2nd.  Dalvin Cook didn't impress at the combine, and with RB being deep and not a premium position, I can see Cook or McCafferty falling to us.  If the don't go DE at 9, I think they likely will in the 2nd.  I can see it in 3, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I highly doubt they take him in the second.

I think they're doing their due diligence in case he slips to the 4th round+. The bengals love "value" and have shied away from character guys like Mixon recently. Unless he drops pretty far I dont see them taking him.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 07:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: I can't see them taking him in the 2nd.  Dalvin Cook didn't impress at the combine, and with RB being deep and not a premium position, I can see Cook or McCafferty falling to us.  If the don't go DE at 9, I think they likely will in the 2nd.  I can see it in 3, though.

Too much talent to pass up. I'm pretty positive they will take him in the 2nd as well...
Reply/Quote
Want nothing to do with him. And if the Bengals are going to stubbornly sit back and let Hill get the majority of the snaps (again), then it would be a wasted pick.

I think next year, that kid out of Penn State is better than anyone in this draft class.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Want nothing to do with him.  And if the Bengals are going to stubbornly sit back and let Hill get the majority of the snaps (again), then it would be a wasted pick.  

I think next year, that kid out of Penn State is better than anyone in this draft class.

As a buckeye fan barkley has killed us again and again. But mixon killed the buckeyes this past year. If we waited till next year barkley wouldnt be avaliable by our pick. Plus with the reports couple months back that hill was gonna be the backup this year i see them taking mixon to replace hill.the agility of gio with the power of hill. As a person i hate him. As a player i would love him on my team. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 08:29 AM)pulses Wrote: Too much talent to pass up. I'm pretty positive they will take him in the 2nd as well...

I agree, I think the hype of him falling is a bit over exaggerated. If not for the off field issues he'd be a top 15 pick, but that narrative has been exposed so greatly I think it has taken a lot of the stigma off him. You can't take him in the 1st as the 1st is the face of your draft, but I can easily see him going to someone if not us in the 2nd. If he is your guy you need to take him in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
If he's there in the 3rd I would be thrilled.

Hell, the 2nd would still have me geek'd.

He's super good.
Reply/Quote
mccshay said that only 5-7 teams even have him on their board after speaking to high level nfl scouts, coaches, gms, etc.
Reply/Quote
If they take him it would be around 4
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 06:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: mccshay said that only 5-7 teams even have him on their board after speaking to high level nfl scouts, coaches, gms, etc.

4 teams have already met with him privately and more than that were at his pro day, sounds like some smoke screens to me. He will go no later than day 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 10:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: 4 teams have already met with him privately and more than that were at his pro day, sounds like some smoke screens to me. He will go no later than day 2.

Well we know 24 went to pro day so that means 8 didnt.... U gotta reckon than anther 4-6 dont want him. But either way theres a few teams that arent gonna draft him ala patriots imo.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 10:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Well we know 24 went to pro day so that means 8 didnt.... U gotta reckon than anther 4-6 dont want him. But either way theres a few teams that arent gonna draft him ala patriots imo.

The patriots drafted a guy with known gang connections that it turned out killed someone, let's not act like they are boy scouts. However, yes there will be teams that will not draft him. I simply think that number is far lower than people lead on.
Reply/Quote
He's too good for teams to pass on. If he falls to the second, they better snatch him, because he won't fall to the third.... I can pretty much guarantee teams already have Public Relations people working on the "kid made a mistake, let's forgive and let him grow" angle
Reply/Quote
If he can fix those off the field issues..

He's gonna be the best RB out of this class easily.

He's the #1 RB imo w/o the off the field issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1PkiOroeZE

He's the next David Johnson if I've seen one in this draft.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 12:41 PM)milksheikh Wrote: The way the Bengals have been looking at him, being one of 4 teams having a private meeting before his pro day and also him visiting Cincinnati.

I didn't like the thought at first, but I'm willing to buy on giving him a chance and if it works out, we got potentially the best rb in the draft. With this being said they have to get rid of Adam Jones as he would be a terrible role model for this kid, plus I can't take any more of his stupidity.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 11:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: The patriots drafted a guy with known gang connections that it turned out killed someone, let's not act like they are boy scouts. However, yes there will be teams that will not draft him. I simply think that number is far lower than people lead on.

Yeah theyre not perfect by any means but krafts wife said no domestic violence. He wont break that.
Reply/Quote
Mixon was ranked by MJD as the #1 running back in the Draft and I must agree.

I have a growing belief he will go at the top of 2nd or maybe even bottom of 1st if teams get desperate. I am thinking he most likely goes in the 2nd though.

Reply/Quote
I can see the seahawks drafting mixon in the 1st round to try and replace marshawn lynch
Reply/Quote
Just remember I was the first person to say that he was gonna get drafted in the first and its not out of the question he goes in the top 20.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote