Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals will win game 2 this weekend
(10-21-2020, 12:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopefully ZT doesn’t try and have Sample block him...

We’ve seen that brilliant matchup (TE vs DE) twice now.

Since you mentioned Drew Sample, I decided to look up his PFF ratings, as I haven't looked in a few weeks.

Through Week 6:
Overall rating - 65.1 (35th TE in league)
Receiving - 57.5
Run Block - 74.8
Pass Block - 54.3

So Sample still isn't where he needs to be with pass catching and blocking. He's definitely shown flashes at least as a pass catcher, but he's not consistent yet.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly what I was thinking.

Kelly's Heroes.   My favorite Donald Sutherland part.

[Image: 1a0hkd.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sample is coming along fairly well. Remember he got basically no snaps last season. Also our "scheme" does dumb things like putting a TE on an island with the best DE on the opposing team on a passing play.
Reply/Quote
I'll tell you what I am afraid of, Kareem Hunt is a physical runner and a matchup nightmare for the Bengals Defense right now...
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sample is coming along fairly well. 

He is?
Reply/Quote
I think Bengals win 31 to 17 as Mayfield implodes................again
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:28 PM)Tony Wrote: I'll tell you what I am afraid of, Kareem Hunt is a physical runner and a matchup nightmare for the Bengals Defense right now...

A grandma with a walker is a matchup nightmare for the Bengals run D right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He is?

Yeah, we’re setting the bar ridiculously low if Sample is “coming along.” He’s a complete non-factor as a pass catcher, and his pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired. We basically wasted a 2nd round pick on a decent run blocker. And our running game still sucks...

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Bengals win 31 to 17 as Mayfield implodes................again

It could happen, but it's hard to be confident seeing as Rivers was done until he played us.  We've been the "get right game" for QBs lately, Mayfield included.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sample is coming along fairly well. Remember he got basically no snaps last season. Also our "scheme" does dumb things like putting a TE on an island with the best DE on the opposing team on a passing play.

The Browns DC didnt exactly put  on the eraseboard
As number 1 priority "be aware of Sample on each snap"
In the defensive group meetings.

Dont see anything special about this guy.
Didnt see it last year and when.he was drafted I 
Said " who?"

If he cant negate a DE win that battle,what good is he is?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just need to get him mad enough to swing his helmet at someone.....

We really don't need that evil of juju as it is likely Joey B that gets the helmet swing.  :paul:
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 08:49 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: We really don't need that evil of juju as it is likely Joey B that gets the helmet swing.  :paul:

We can put Ross in for that play, and he can take one for the team....
Reply/Quote
I would give this season a mulligan seeing that we have problems in the trenches and with coaching decisions. But I think once we have the trenches squared away, everything else should fall into place.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just need to get him mad enough to swing his helmet at someone.....

Mason Rudolph seems like one of the biggest d-bags on earth, so I wouldn't think this an easy task. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 08:49 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: We really don't need that evil of juju as it is likely Joey B that gets the helmet swing.  :paul:
JoeyB is so bad--

He'd stare a Garrett with steel eyes, freeze him and hoarsly whisper STOP IT and Garrett would put his helmet as he slinks to the sideline...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon out this week. Looks like we might get a loss. Mixon is key.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Will there be any fans at all in the stands? Without Joe Mixon the chances of winning are less, but maybe they can come up either a rookie runner doing something or just passing more or doing that wide receiver running thing.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A spirited victory can cure much of what is wrong with this team.  The only players that I notice not expressing a strong desire, are the ones who appear to be at the end of the road with the Bengals.  I see many of the younger players playing their tails off.

Cant buy this, 1st we hardly have any players that are of the old guard .. gio, atkins dunlap and green really is it. Last week dunlap and atkins did not play alot and Green had his best game of season. How about FA veterans play better and young players be more consistent in their play for a win.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:33 PM)Trademark Wrote: It's not being negative, it's being realistic. This team is a joke

That's pretty much text book negativity.. but hey, I've been a Bengals fan long enough to accept negativity as my default position and don't try to fluff it up by calling it realistic. The way I see it negativity and the Bengals is realism. You really can't separate the two and pretend to be smarter by calling it realistic. For that matter it's kind of tough to pretend to be smart and be a Bengals fan at the same time. That's kind of like saying, "Look how smart I am! I can spell A!"  Cool

By the way, I can spell a both ways...a and A! ..and a bonus aye.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Psychologically, the loss to the Ravens was much better than the loss to the Colts.

They better not pull another Colts FATCLUSTER today!
Reply/Quote